Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Everyone in this story is stupid as fuck. What is our education system coming to?

What do you want to bet the "triggered" spoiled princess has had a baby or two terminated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    LGBTQQ2S

Holy shit, that accronym is getting longer and longer every month >_>

But there is a "I" missing somewhere in there... i swear i saw one 2 months ago.... oh well.

on topic : Private school, they do what they want
    It was LGBTQ&A last week. I think they just add random letters on after the T.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    There are positives though. Teachers need to be more careful as to what they say and cannot abuse their position of authority like in the past.
    Sure they can, so long as it is in line with their superiors.

- - - Updated - - -

As for this instance, while what the school did was asinine at best, they are a private school and can brainwash the student body as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I think it's ridiculous. I agree with the teacher and the school sounds like a cesspool.

But it's a private school... He knew the type of place he was in.
    YOU do realize liberals control ALL education, Private and Public? This PC bullshit is the domain filthy liberals like YOU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    Everyone in this story is stupid as fuck. What is our education system coming to?
    Liberals. Our Education system was ruined by Liberals and their female teachers. When we used to be NUMBER 1 in education, teaching used to be a male dominated profession. Is it surprise that education sector became inefficient and poor performing, when it became dominated by women, who by nature care more about their feelings than objectivity?

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-09 at 09:02 AM.

Well, that private school certainly is not worth the money. If my useless dimwit of a daughter could get a teacher fired for that I'd wonder if they even dare to teach these idiots math and physics.

Also QQ2S? QQ as in whining and 2S as in too stupid? :P

Teachers are generally not supposed to give their opinion on a sensitive topic but to be "triggered" by that is ridiculous. You know what I did when I disagreed with a teacher? I would say I disagree and then explain why.

Deleted
    While I disagree with the teacher getting fired I don't necessarily think the students reaction is uncalled for. Abortion can be a really touchy, personal subject, and to tell someone who might've had an abortion that what they did was wrong can be extremely upsetting. Surely the teachers could've come up with a better example.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    No, this is not ok.

Especially as he was trying to teach a point:
    Do you agree he has an absolute right to his opinion? What if he held the opinion that suicide bombing of civilians was acceptable?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Teachers are generally not supposed to give their opinion on a sensitive topic but to be "triggered" by that is ridiculous. You know what I did when I disagreed with a teacher? I would say I disagree and then explain why.
    Hell, in my high school government class the teacher actively debated abortion and gun control. I so loved "smacking" him down though....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stansgroda View Post
    While I disagree with the teacher getting fired I don't necessarily think the students reaction is uncalled for. Abortion can be a really touchy, personal subject, and to tell someone who might've had an abortion that what they did was wrong can be extremely upsetting. Surely the teachers could've come up with a better example.
    I would say that makes it all the more appropriate to use as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Only in Vancouver...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Do you agree he has an absolute right to his opinion? What if he held the opinion that suicide bombing of civilians was acceptable?
    So long as he made no effort to sway the opinion of the class on the subject, it would fit what he was teaching perfectly. The wimps we call kids these days need to grow some thicker skin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    There are positives though. Teachers need to be more careful as to what they say and cannot abuse their position of authority like in the past.
    why do you bring this up when it has no realtion to the matter at hand?

The "triggered" popular girl and her fans are obviously psychologically unstable. The question is why the school authority proceeded by firing the teacher, rather than teaching the spoiled kids that democracy allows people to have and express an opinion, especially when done in so civil manner. The girl is what she is thanks to this school system and her parents. The system and society failed her and jeopardized a teacher's career.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

the scary nature of private schools tbh, you see it on both sides and now we have an incoming sec of education, that pushes private vouchers for these types of schools

Out of all the examples that exist in the world the teacher chose to share his belief on abortion. Seems like a clear example of someone with a small pulpit using it to push their opinions. You'd never convince me that he didn't plan it ahead of time.

Even though I partially agree with him, it was wrong to sneak his beliefs into a lesson plan. If teachers were adequately warned about such things then I don't see a problem with firing.

If it was a public school I would care more. But private school, there rules.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

among them a popular young woman who had gone to an administrator to complain that what the teacher said had “triggered” her such that she felt “unsafe” and that, in any case, he had no right to an opinion on the subject of abortion because he was a man.
    There is the problem right there, the kid has absolutely no backbone. What a fucking wuss.

Unsurprisingly, students at the school, where $30,000-a-year tuition buys small classes, regularly say “I’m so triggered” and are allowed to walk out of class.
    If any of my girls ever did that, they would be grounded for a month and would be required to make a formal apology to both the teacher and the students for being disruptive in the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, it's a private school, so you can't really stop them from doing crazy stuff like firing this guy over stuff like that. If it was a public school I would be up in arms (assuming it was actually true). Second, I'm not so sure that the story we received is necessarily the full, proper story. Even if the gist of the story is true, it's entirely plausible that we're missing out on key details. I can't help but think about when two people break up in a rather vitriolic fashion. If you talk to either side, you get a horror story about the other. Maybe what he did is being drastically understated and what others involved had done drastically overstated, or maybe details are being left out entirely. Hell, for all I know the entire thing is made up. I could probably do some research to find out, but I don't honestly care enough to do so, at least in part because it is, once again, a private school that can do this kind of thing.

I can say that under the hypothetical that the article is telling the complete truth, without exaggeration, omission or embellishment, then it is pretty terrible.

Shouldn't have been anti-abortion. That's a crime.

(This hyperbolic sarcasm because HOLY SHIT. How did this happen? But, I am legit curious if being fired from a private school for being pro-abortion gets the same defense here.)