Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonexe View Post
    No, it really doesn't. Quitting your job will not entitle you to a new one. Not getting paid for the period where you don't have a job has a significant impact on anyone, but it's especially hard on those who already barely make enough money. Employers do not and can not give a raise to everyone, even if they really really want to. Getting an education late is life is difficult-- the cost and time investment can and is an impossible barrier for many people.

Being on the bottom rungs of society, doing menial tasks, for the rest of your life isn't punishment enough? Because you made bad decisions in the past means you should never, ever be able to move beyond them? Further more, it means you should be required to do more than other people simply to afford a roof over your head and the food you eat? We're not talking about giving min-wage workers the life of luxury here. We're talking about giving them a chance to have a life beyond work.

If you, like most people, applied that logic to your own mistakes in life I'm pretty positive you wouldn't be happy with the results. I know I wouldn't be.
    Something something I came from "poverty" something something I made it on my own without help something something everyone can do what I can do something something screw anyone that can't.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    But you know the real reason someone dunking fries is only making 9 dollars an hour is because if they quit there is someone else right behind them waiting to fill their place. If someone thinks they aren't getting proper compensation for their work then they should either ask for a raise or seek employment elsewhere.

I don't believe in market manipulation by third parties.
    So you're fine with companies not offering a livable wage to their full time workers? Just want to clarify that real quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Also fuck Bernieorbust crowd, I hope you're happy.
    For not voting for Clinton?
    A shining example of why the US democracy is in the shitter, glad its not my problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    glad its not my problem.
    I'm reasonably sure it's everyone's problem. As shown with the previous administration, bad American presidencies don't really have a minimum safe distance.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    For not voting for Clinton?
    A shining example of why the US democracy is in the shitter, glad its not my problem.
    Yeah. If you wanted to push a leftists agenda then not voting for Clinton was literally the worst option. Now you have a guy that is borderline on the levels of the CEO of Papa Johns or the President of the RTW foundation.

Yeah. If you wanted to push a leftists agenda then not voting for Clinton was literally the worst option. Now you have a guy that is borderline on the levels of the CEO of Papa Johns or the President of the RTW foundation.
    I miss the days when taking care of people wasn't just a 'leftist agenda', and something both sides shared, just to varying degrees. I'd really like to see a republican going into office that wasn't batshit insane or didn't talk about men and fish living peacefully together. Oddly a lot of the 'leftist' things going on now adays were originally written up by republicans, but we always tend to forget those little things.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-12-09 at 02:42 AM.

Yay a Labor Secretary that's hostile to labor. Aaaaaawesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another minimum wage thread....Did I miss all the typical talking points?

1. Prices will go through the roof if we increase wages.

2. People should just get another job if they want more money.

3. Small businesses will go bankrupt.

4. It's that person's fault they're poor, they should have gotten a different degree.

....and my personal favorite.

5. People just need to work harder and get skilled and educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yay a Labor Secretary that's hostile to labor. Aaaaaawesome.
    Well it fits the pattern. Lead of labor that's against fair labor, head of the EPA that's against the environment, the man himself running on promises of no lies who has done almost nothing but so far. Should be able to say anything he wants on Twitter but wants news posts shut down for saying things he doesn't like, tar and feather his opponent for slipping emails then putting someone on his team that did near the same thing.. It's just not surprising anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

4. It's that person's fault they're poor, they should have gotten a different degree.

I believe all of those have been hit so far, yes.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-12-09 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So you're fine with companies not offering a livable wage to their full time workers? Just want to clarify that real quick.
    right wingers have never had a problem with what basically mounts as slavery in the 21st century

of course the end game is to cut min wage
    then cut the welfare programs that make up the difference

so we can have a real 1920's all over again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Something something I came from "poverty" something something I made it on my own without help something something everyone can do what I can do something something screw anyone that can't.

/s
    You forgot Pull up by bootstraps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    of course the end game is to cut min wage
    then cut the welfare programs that make up the difference

so we can have a real 1920's all over again
    Then the poor people die, and we have fewer poor people AND we lower unemployment!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

So you're fine with low-income workers becoming jobless? Just want to clarify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You forgot Pull up by bootstraps.

- - - Updated - - -

Then the poor people die, and we have fewer poor people AND we lower unemployment!
    And hey, even create more jobs by a new class of garbage men to collect the bodies. It all works out in the end right?

No, don't blame the Bernie supporters, blame Clinton, blame the DNC, and blame the media for working with them.

It isn't the voters job to chase the candidate, it is the candidates job to chase the voters.

And what did Clinton and the DNC do? They cheated in the primaries to screw both the perceptions and the will of the voters in her favor which was proven and then they actually repeatedly slapped the voters in the face when Debbie was forced to step down in disgrace only to have Clinton immediately bring her on after screwing over the voters only for the DNC to put another in charge who also cheated to help her and they actively worked to actually keep voters from learning about them. And all the while insulting and antagonizing the Sanders supporters for daring to want someone who wasn't her.

Clinton is even part of the reason we got Trump too as the leaks showed where she was working with the media to not only sideline Sanders but to prop Trump up making him look even bigger.

Sanders was drawing crowds and support anywhere he was speaking and actually motivating people would normally didn't vote. The DNC and Clinton worked to suppress that message and even lie about it trying to keep voters from knowing about him trying to kill support for him which also kept many potential voters from actually joining the voting pool. Then on top of that, they insulted and antagonized the Sanders supporters trying to either get them to stay home because they didn't need them or thinking they had no choice with her because of Trump which lead many of them to stay home, write him in, or vote for another person.

Don't blame Sanders, don't blame his supporters. Blame Clinton and the DNC for this at every step. They had a most likely clear victory with Sanders above Clinton in every area by their own data. They screwed him in favor of gambling with Clinton and then worked to run his voters off only to lose because of it.

Clinton worked with the media to help to put Trump up, not Sanders or his supporters.
    Clinton worked with the DNC and the media to sideline Sanders, no one else.
    Clinton worked with the DNC to shit talk, insult and make sure Sanders supporters dislike her. No the Sanders supporters.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

So you're fine with low-income workers becoming jobless? Just want to clarify that.
    Nice redirection. Masterfully done.

Low income workers are already losing jobs with or without raising wages. As other states have shown, you don't suddenly lose all entry level jobs due to an increase in wages.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no evidence to suggest that high wages lead to unemployment. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Not sure what you're arguing here. I clearly said most earning 7.25 an hour are most likely young people such as high school students.
    No you said
    And those are most likely high school teenagers in their first job.
    This statement is 100% wrong, Most people on min wage are adults and they can be as old as 50.

It isn't just Young People/Teenagers and those are not even a majority.

- - - Updated - - -

How many adults are really making 7.25 an hour? I'd wager only a small percentage of hourly workers make that little.
    You would lose that wager with one google search...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

right wingers said those 15 dollars in san fran etc would destroy business well they where wrong business like restaurants is booming like never before. As we said would happen, but they never listen to us even thou we know we are right and the FACTS are backing us up as well. so far they havnt found a single case to back up the right wing nonsense
    Last edited by araine; 2016-12-09 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Nice redirection. Masterfully done.

Low income workers are already losing jobs with or without raising wages. As other states have shown, you don't suddenly lose all entry level jobs due to an increase in wages.
    If you effectively double everyone's wage at McDonald's then of course people are going to be fired. To believe differently is asinine and not worth debate.

I'm not going to be drawn into some emotionally laden argument about how 'I don't want people to earn a livable wage' nonsense.