Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Anarchism as squat all to do with the left or the right. Its just the direct opposition to fascism, which can exist on both sides.
    Anarchism is a left wing ideology, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Well, a big government, but separate worlds. Kinda like the United States Republic, with separate states. Or the United Nations to a lesser effective extent.
    The empire is the same, its simply run via fascism with an emperor instead of elected leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Anarchism is a left wing ideology, just so you know.
    Collectivist anarchism maybe, like it existed in Catalonia during the Spanish Civil War.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

You just disqualified yourself mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    rogue one will do fine, star wars still has that new fresh feeling and all the bandwagon fans, give it a few more years and disney will kill its following, not some random political assholes.
    Nah. It has a solid chance of going belly up if number 8 is indeed just modernized Empire Strikes Back.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're aware that it's the right saying this, right?
    I was unaware that the overwhelming Majority of people complaining about "white people" were Right Wing.

Well, I think it can exist on both sides. It just depends on the persons in and out of power.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I was unaware that the overwhelming Majority of people complaining about "white people" were Right Wing.
    No, the people complaining about Star Wars and saying it's left wing propaganda.

If you want to bitch about an -actual- piece of left wing propaganda, go watch Ferngully (which is so hamfisted and preachy that even I hate it).

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    How do you boycott a person? Also, that definitely isn't what I said.

There's kind of a difference between a completely made up idea of Rogue One promoting anti-white sentiments (Which is laughable) and protesting something in reality. Or being butthurt a...cereal company pulled advertisements from a website. Unless context doesn't matter to you?
    It's funny that context matters randomly. Did it matter when people were triggered that people didn't like Ghostbusters?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly the overwhelming groan-worthiness of fuckwits trying to bring leftist "real world" shit into an IP that doesn't require it. Saying "The Empire is White-Supremacist" is just cringeworthy.

It would be like saying "The Rebels are a Jihadist movement!" I.e. completely missing the point and just trying to label shit in a fictional world with moronic Real-life Buzzwords.
    Um, Admiral ACKBAR. #mindblown

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's funny that context matters randomly. Did it matter when people were triggered that people didn't like Ghostbusters?
    Yes, because some reasons were laughably stupid.

Being mad it was all women vs the many problems with the script. Or insert 4-5 other actual complaints about the movie.

Surely this concept of context isn't new to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I play this board game with my brother where he uses admiral ackbar which gives him 2 extra die, when ever this happens he yells Alla Ackbar when he rolls them for extra luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the people complaining about Star Wars and saying it's left wing propaganda.

If you want to bitch about an -actual- piece of left wing propaganda, go watch Ferngully (which is so hamfisted and preachy that even I hate it).
    Fern Gully is a great movie. Who couldn't love Tim Curry as the embodiment of Oil tycoon corruption and destruction.

If you think about it, most people in the world:

- Are not white but were at some point or another ruled by whites, and thus would naturally would be against white people as a rule
    - Are for the most part conservative and traditionalist in their world view, and would be broadly categorized as right wing

Put those two together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Mon Mothma is one of the leaders though. Female Leader kind of makes it less believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Not liking a movie because it's flawed or, you know, bad is fine.

Not liking a movie because its leads happen to be vagina-havers is not fine and usually makes the holder of said opinion a cunt, ironically enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Fern Gully is a great movie. Who couldn't love Tim Curry as the embodiment of Oil tycoon corruption and destruction.
    Ferngully as a total unit is pretty bad, in my opinion. Tim Curry was the sole saving grace...kinda like Gilbert Gottfried and Aladdin 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling half your fanbase a bunch of nazis is going to piss people off no matter what happens. Screw off.

Not liking a movie because its leads happen to be vagina-havers is not fine and usually makes the holder of said opinion a cunt, ironically enough.
    Plus you could tell ghostbuster was gona suck a miles away, the trailer jokes were all just cringe city. Rogue one trailers have been pretty good, im more existed for that movie than Episode 7.

Ghostbusters was enjoyable enough, but it missed so many opportunities to take advantage of the original IP. Waste imo.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Calling half your fanbase a bunch of nazis is going to piss people off no matter what happens. Screw off.
    'Half' the fanbase?