Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Somebody going "this is dumb" isn't really triggered. Its people talking about Star Wars indoctrinating children to be anti-white that I would consider triggered. Because not is only that laughable, but its so over-the-top in its ridiculousness.
    It might be ridiculous, but it's not like they're emotionally or psychologically triggered, which is really the essential purpose of the word.

I'm not sure why you think it's laughable. Do you have evidence pointing to the contrary? Think about all the negative imagery about black people and how that's influenced people's opinions of them. What makes you think it's impossible to have negative images of white people?

The Kelloggs thing was just bringing up another kind of triggered stupidity, since somebody tried saying the right doesn't freak out as badly as the left. When both fringes of both groups are basically the same.
    Were they screaming and using pseudointellectual teenie-revolutionary language?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody with even an ounce of knowledge about the Star Wars universe knows the Empire are horribly racist against everybody who isn't a white human. Its kind of why Thrawn was such an impressive character.

Also they are incredibly obviously Nazis.
    There are huge amounts of non-white Moffs and Imperial Soldiers/lords. Anybody with an ounce of knowledge bout Star Wars know this.

I mean, half of the Sith Lords/Apprentices outside of Anakin were not even Humans. Darth Maul was a Zabrak, Ventress was a Dathmorian, Plagueis the Wise was a Muun. The Original Pure Blood Sith are Red.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-12-09 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Really? Anyone with an ounce of knowledge would know how untrue that was considering hell we don't even know anything about thrawn is still canon first of all. Secondly, the Emperor himself has had MANY non humans very close to him or his apprentices.

Modeled after Nazis was in terms of having full control and a very rank and file stylized military.

As usual you're wrong on another fictional universe.
    Thrawn is back in as cannon as the new animated series is considered cannon, and Thrawn is appearing as the new big bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    You know the Empire doesn't have to be white supremacists (as opposed to human supremacists) to fill the same role, right?

They're clearly not white supremacists. If they were wouldn't be any black or Pacific Islander troopers at all. However, they represent the same role, as instead of treating humans with different skin colors as different races, they treat alien species as different races.

Not sure what's so fucking hard to grasp about that.
    An argument for the Empire being a white supremacist organization can still be made given that the officers of the Imperial military are (in the movies, at least) exclusively white.

Yes, the casting of the original trilogy was overall lacking in diversity. I think Lando and one single X-Wing pilot were the only non-white human members of the Alliance shown, but that's still two more members than the Empire was given.

In the subsequent movies, the diversity of the rebels has increased across the board. On the other hand, the diversity of the Empire was relegated to the faceless foot soldiers. While I don't think it has been explicitly stated that high command in the Empire is reserved for white males in all but the rarest of cases, until there is evidence to the contrary the argument can still be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    There are huge amounts of non-white Moffs and Imperial Soldiers/lords. Anybody with an ounce of knowledge bout Star Wars know this.
    Well...gotta ask, but... name/show one?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Thrawn is back in as cannon as the new animated series is considered cannon, and Thrawn is appearing as the new big bad.
    He is canon, but the particulars such as his species being "a big deal" as the person I quoted had stated is not back in canon unless the animated series mentioned that.

Which bits of the OT was not featuring space Nazis ?

The Zahn novels who explicitly brought the Human supremacist theme and who featured a blue skinned dude making circles around most Imperial admirals and a girl ?

The Stackpole/Allison ones, where the even more explicitly racists Imperials were defeated time and time by a squadron who was even more clearly ''diverse'' as a PR device ?

The Corellian trilogy, where the racists are not Nazis, but Serb ultranationalists expies (with Han cousin as a two-cent
    Slobodan Milosevic ?)

The Wedding of Princess Leia, where the Imperials get mauled by two different matriarchies ?

Which ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Really? Anyone with an ounce of knowledge would know how untrue that was considering hell we don't even know anything about thrawn is still canon first of all. Secondly, the Emperor himself has had MANY non humans very close to him or his apprentices.

Modeled after Nazis was in terms of having full control and a very rank and file stylized military.

As usual you're wrong on another fictional universe.
    You realize Palpatine is not exactly writing the doctrine of everything for the empire. He is the emperor and that gives him privileges to have contact outside of the empire as well. Hell bar Vader and his own personal honor guard few people ever knew he was a force user. Thats what Palpatine is about, he does not care for petty stuff like that, hes at the top for the power alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the post you quoted.

...sure thing. Its not like a dude wasn't JUST arrested for going into a pizzeria with a gun trying to find the "nefarious" Clinton sex ring.

I do like how you ignore the craziest of the crazies on one side and not the other.
    We are talking about the Star Wars issue not some dude going the violent leftist route on the pizzagate place

But let's bring him into it, ya, that dude is a total psychopath but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of hateful racist shit I see is coming from the left

I mean, half of the Sith Lords/Apprentices outside of Anakin were not even Humans. Darth Maul was a Zabrak, Ventress was a Dathmorian, Plagueis the Wise was a Muun. The Original Pure Blood Sith are Red.
    Now you are talking about the Sith, not the empire. Nazi also made exceptions for some people, as the empire did for people of competence.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-12-09 at 03:41 AM.

Admiral Sloanne, in the new cannon.

Every single clone soldier (Maori)

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    We are talking about the Star Wars issue not some dude going the violent leftist route on the pizzagate place

But let's bring him into it, ya, that dude is a total psychopath but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of hateful racist shit I see is coming from the left
    Come on now, that's ridiculous. I don't know who is "worse," but they're pretty damn close. The only reason the pizzagate guy was brought in was because somebody went to the top-tier level of retardation among the left, and the pizzagate guy is close. And he's certainly not the only one.

I donno why we even need this pissing match of which insane side of the spectrum is worse. They're both terrible and dragging the country down. One side WON the Presidential Election though, and because their candidate spouted a lot of their same shit, he should probably get more public condemnation than the luzly SJWs who wholesale lost on November 4th. That doesn't mean we stop talking about them, not at all, but the right acts like it should still be JUST the lulzy SJWs who are still kept a spotlight on.

We thought the right here in America was co-opted by the Tea Party, and a small portion of it was, but that doesn't hold a candle to the almost complete co-option of the right just 6 years later by this alt-right bullshit.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-12-09 at 03:42 AM.

Come on now, that's ridiculous. I don't know who is "worse," but they're pretty damn close.

I know when I'm being trolled lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Now you are talking about the Sith, not the empire.
    "The Sith Empire" You know, the Empire in which the Sith are the highest ranking officers.

That's like saying "You are talking about Englishmen not the British Empire"

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    I know when I'm being trolled lol
    Or maybe you're just ideologically blind to a side you're more aligned with.

Edit: Just saw your post history. Now I think your response to me is much more apt in the reverse.

Captain Panaka from Episode I

FFS, people, even the WH40K Imperium, the dudes that are more skilled as xenocide as basic tank gunnery, is not racist to the point of not having black characters or asian ones (especially as the head honcho is a Middle-Easterner from Turkey...)

- - - Updated - - -

"The Sith Empire" You know, the Empire in which the Sith are the highest ranking officers.

Which is de-canonized. The Imperials of the old lore were quite racists. The Imperials of the new lore are even more racists, going from space Nazis to space SS. They tried to breed Wookies like cattle in Aftermath, FFS.

Except Palpatine never ran the empire this way, he is secretive. Vader is outside of the chain of command, because of the emperor. Thats why he could take commands from Tarkin. Palpatine is emperor for the power of the position, not to write doctrine. Palpatine clearly has no real care for matter of race or species, his nature is more primal than this. He never let it public that he was a Sith.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-12-09 at 03:48 AM.

I couldn't help but post this here after laughing my ass off due to how utterly triggered the right always proves itself to be.

So apparently two writers on Rogue One tweeted that the Empire is a White Supremacist (Human) organization. Which is true. And then, after Trump's election, posted a picture of the Rebellion's insignia with a safety pin with the caption: "Star Wars against hate. Spread it."

Neither of which are really any kind of astoundingly shocking tweets. One is literally just canonically true and the other is just a broad statement against hate.

But don't let that stop the alt-right from proving themselves as bad (or even worse, in my opinion) as the SJWs they keep maligning by their freakout, and now the hashtag #DumpStarWars is trending. So funny. Worked so well when the Force Awakens was apparently protested and nobody knew until after it made 2 billion dollars.

More can be found here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/rogue-one-why...-movie-2457261

I'll also point out that since Donal Turnip won, the "anti-safe space" political alignment has now protested...a play, a brand of cereal, and a movie.

Hilarious.
    It's a full fledged counter-culture. I've been warning people for years. It's constant pendulum, and now it's swinging the other way. Not a good time to be even relatively moderate.
    Also, apart from these losers losing their minds and throwing a tantrum, entertainment should stay out of politics. I care about what the star wars staff thinks about as much as I care about what Kayne or Kim Kardashian think. That is to say, not at all.
    Last edited by Thrive; 2016-12-09 at 03:51 AM.