10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Because even with a bum hand he's better than McGloin.
    Plus, I don't think you'd have a healthy relationship with your star QB if you keep him out of the most important game of the year. Carr would be pissed off, and with good reason.

In fact keeping him out there and blowing the chance at first overall migth actually work in the Raiders favour. They might have a legit reason to sit Carr and others now to heal up in the stretch, just to make sure they are 100% when it matters. It's almost impossible for them to miss the playoffs even with this loss, so if they get their playoff birth secured, I'd definitely sit Carr if his hand is still this bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Carr apparently said it wasn't the finger. Noble of him to take the loss like a man, but it's obvious bullshit. He had several throws that floated and it was obvious from the shots and video that he was doing his best to not use or hurt the finger when he could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carr spent the last week+ evading questions about his pinkies, hopefully the extra time off will help him some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Carr spent the last week+ evading questions about his pinkies, hopefully the extra time off will help him some.
    Late game against the Chargers in San Diego, so not that much to worry about hostile crowd. Perfect day to get back on top after a tough loss.

Kinda worried about Osemele though. Apparently he had to go to the hospital with what ailed him. I hope it's just some stupid thing with dehydration or something, cause today's game without him wasn't pretty on the line.

And with that, KC takes over the division lead. I distinctly remember taking some flak *cough* @xskarma *cough* for predicting that the AFC West would go KC-Oak-Den-SD. Three weeks is still plenty of time for anything to happen (except SD winning the division) though, so y'all can cool my swagger if that happens.

That first third down throw that Alex Smith made was beautiful. I was cooking during the second quarter of that game- I stepped back into the living room and the Chiefs had exploded points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing Johnson is going to hurt that suspect Chiefs run D though, looks like a rupture achillies and their next opponents are the Titans and Demarco Murray.

Probably won't know where the AFC is going until after week 17 at this point. Titans have Denver and KC for their next 2 games and Houston week 17. Denver has Titans, Pats, Chiefs, Raiders to close out the year. Pats have Ravens, Denver and their thorn in their side in late season games Dolphins week 17. KC and Oakland both have the Chargers left who almost always play divisional games tough and will be far from easy. Should be really interesting.

Luckily Siemian should play this week, there was almost no chance to beat the Titans with Lynch. Still not sure I like this game. Almost the worst possible matchup for the defense. Walker is a good TE, Denver struggles with TEs and will even more with Marshall out. Murray is a really good running back and Mariota is a running QB and Denver (man defenses in general) gives up yards to QBs that run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oakland is scrambling to get a new stadium deal together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    And with that, KC takes over the division lead. I distinctly remember taking some flak *cough* @xskarma *cough* for predicting that the AFC West would go KC-Oak-Den-SD. Three weeks is still plenty of time for anything to happen (except SD winning the division) though, so y'all can cool my swagger if that happens.

That first third down throw that Alex Smith made was beautiful. I was cooking during the second quarter of that game- I stepped back into the living room and the Chiefs had exploded points.
    I had to go back to look what I said. I actually said the Broncos were too talented even without a QB to end up in 3rd. Definitely looks likely I end up wrong on that count! We'll see though. Lots of games between these teams left. I definitely give you credit for believing in the Chiefs to end up in first.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Probably won't know where the AFC is going until after week 17 at this point. Titans have Denver and KC for their next 2 games and Houston week 17. Denver has Titans, Pats, Chiefs, Raiders to close out the year. Pats have Ravens, Denver and their thorn in their side in late season games Dolphins week 17. KC and Oakland both have the Chargers left who almost always play divisional games tough and will be far from easy. Should be really interesting.

Luckily Siemian should play this week, there was almost no chance to beat the Titans with Lynch. Still not sure I like this game. Almost the worst possible matchup for the defense. Walker is a good TE, Denver struggles with TEs and will even more with Marshall out. Murray is a really good running back and Mariota is a running QB and Denver (man defenses in general) gives up yards to QBs that run.
    Lots of interconnections, might see huge changes. Steelers and the Ravens play eachother too, in Pittsburgh. That could completely change the picture as well. Ravens won the first one, so Steelers basically HAVE to win that one.

After that Thursday game, and with Houston-Indy and Tennessee-Denver in the afternoon and Cowboys-Giants on Sunday Night and then Ravens-Patriots on Monday, this might be the best or at least most dramatic week of games. And that's not counting some division games that are must wins for one or both teams and Seattle at Green Bay, where especially Green Bay HAS to win.

I'm going to have an absolute BLAST watching football this week-end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Oakland is scrambling to get a new stadium deal together.
    I was slightly confused by this, but it's the CITY that's scrambling to get this new plan approved and on the fast track. More info here: http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/12/...ime=1481330929

I don't know if this is not a bit too little too late from Oakland, but we'll see. It sounds like a decent and responsible plan at least and you kind of root for the Oakland fans to keep their team. They have been very passionate this year in the times I've seen Oakland play at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    The politics involved in stadium deals is the reason why I'm glad the Mariners and Seahawks have really good stadiums for another 20 years or so. Losing a team fucking sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The politics involved in stadium deals is the reason why I'm glad the Mariners and Seahawks have really good stadiums for another 20 years or so. Losing a team fucking sucks.
    it is kind of a bum deal to subsidize a millionaire/billionaire owner and a billion dollar company (NFL) via paying taxes to support the stadium. but its something I gladly do to keep Kaufman and Arrowhead in Jackson county, MO.

Vance McDonald signed a 5 year extension with the 49ers. He must really not want to move or something.

Panther's released Robert McClain. How exactly are they even in position to release a corner?

Stadium's being paid for by tax payers is beyond stupid. If a team owner doesn't want to spend money to build one, or update an existing one they should sell their franchise to someone else. For the NFL specifically, if they took the money the league keeps in their charity stuff instead of donating it like they say every year and put it in a fund to help pay for stadiums, it would pay a decent amount of it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I had to go back to look what I said. I actually said the Broncos were too talented even without a QB to end up in 3rd. Definitely looks likely I end up wrong on that count! We'll see though. Lots of games between these teams left. I definitely give you credit for believing in the Chiefs to end up in first.
    I would have never guessed 3rd place at this point either, but I would have also never guessed Oakland would be good. Can also never predict injuries. Most of them have been at positions with nothing behind the starter. Vance Walker specifically completely changed the d-line.

Biggest part other than Oakland that is a surprise to me is being 2-3 in games with either Wade in the booth, Kubiak gone or Lynch playing. No idea how it wasn't 0-5.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-12-10 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Biggest part other than Oakland that is a surprise to me is being 2-3 in games with either Wade in the booth, Kubiak gone or Lynch playing. No idea how it wasn't 0-5.
    Pretty much how I treated the first 4 games this year. Rookie QB for 2,5 games and Garopollo for the other 1,5 and pretty much no Gronk and somehow we only lost 1.

These next 2 games without Gronk and Amendola are going to suuuuuck though. We have to figure out how to get 3rd down conversions in this new offense and have to figure it out against the best 2 defenses in the league. No way is that going to go smoothly. If we can clear these 2 games and figure that out, we'll be in good shape, but big IF.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Malcolm Mitchell has actually come along pretty well as of late, especially in third down situations. Here's to hoping he continues to get better because we're going to need him. Does seem like he has Brady's trust though.

Green Bay to beat Seattle... Earl Thomas not playing.. Will it affect Seattle D

Saints to beat Buccs... Saints on the road have been Killing it.. The "Breees" never puts 2 bad games together

Falcons to beat Rams... Falcons offense one of the best.. Falcons defense is bad.. LA will score some TDs but not enough
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2016-12-10 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shane Vereen is gonna play tomorrow night against the Cowboys. He's only played three games this year. Hard to root against him, but gonna have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Falcons to beat Rams... Falcons offense one of the best.. Falcons defense is bad.. LA will score some TDs but not enough
    Falcons receiver Julio Jones has Turf Toe, which is VERY debilitating for a WR. Sanu is also out for the Falcons. I would not be surprised by an upset here, at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously. Falcons on the road, late in the season, bad defense, iffy play lately, major players hurt. That's exactly the kind of game where the Rams will suddenly show up and cause the upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Falcons receiver Julio Jones has Turf Toe, which is VERY debilitating for a WR. Sanu is also out for the Falcons. I would not be surprised by an upset here, at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously. Falcons on the road, late in the season, bad defense, iffy play lately, major players hurt. That's exactly the kind of game where the Rams will suddenly show up and cause the upset.
    They're one week away from that.

Marlon Brown was placed on IR. Guess he never got up to speed, and 8 receivers was too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    They're one week away from that.
    They need 3 more wins to hit 7-9, both upsets would make complete sense.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nervous as all hell for the Lions - Bears game tomorrow. On paper it should be a cake walk but Barkley hasn't been bad and a good day by his receivers could be the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Nervous as all hell for the Lions - Bears game tomorrow. On paper it should be a cake walk but Barkley hasn't been bad and a good day by his receivers could be the difference.
    I won't say anything that might jinx it.

In other news, apparently Siemian is going to start. If he can get through this start he should be good to go against the Patriots next week too.