Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both D'va and Roadhog need serious nerfs. They are so good atm, it's not even fun. I almost instant leave every time I see enemy team has any of them :/

Main reason DVA is played is to counter Soldier ults with her shield. So being he is a part of the meta she became one if they pick him.

D'va can either carry or be a really useless part of your team.

Her obvious pros is she can stop half the ultis in the game with her defense matrix, she also eats tanks alive and can harass the back line if the enemy is spread out.

Her negative points is that she has so much hp, is so big and is so slow.

Shes effectively an ulti charge dummy for every hero in the game, and Zarya becomes really scary when you do nothing but focus your beam on D'va, allowing you to get a crazy amount of ultis in a game.

Dva like all tanks, falls apart the moment your team doesnt back you up.

Still though, most games I play Dva as , i have 4 gold medals (besides healing).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the 100 more health buff to dva, I mean wtf are they smoking? I agree with the movement speed while firing buff that was needed but 100 health? hell no. My opinion on dva is that they were on the right track when they added in the "fuel"(is it called fuel for her?) bar, but only ended up half baking the idea. Should of attached her charge to that as well (consuming it at somewhere between 1/3~1/2 the rate her shield does, could even increase the amount in the bar itself by 25% if need be). Also why can still use she self destruct while the mech is in it's "dying" phase? one of the stupidest things in OW.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the 100 more health buff to dva, I mean wtf are they smoking? I agree with the movement speed while firing buff that was needed but 100 health? hell no. My opinion on dva is that they were on the right track when they added in the "fuel"(is it called fuel for her?) bar, but only ended up half baking the idea. Should of attached her charge to that as well (consuming it at somewhere between 1/3~1/2 the rate her shield does, could even increase the amount in the bar itself by 25% if need be). Also why can still use she self destruct while the mech is in it's "dying" phase? one of the stupidest things in OW.
    It's because she was getting destroyed by the likes of Zarya and she has a huge critbox so the HP buff may be a way to keep the weakness while making it up a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always saw the the huge crit box is more than made up for in the fact most of her health is armor and you have 2 forms to kill to get her down. And the "getting destroyed by Zarya"? Isn't that what counter play basically is? I don't play a whole lot of dva but for the times I do (I mostly just play her like winston when I do) I had no hard time to be found anywhere really and was able to blow holes into the defenses left and right (granted i'm not playing master rank), and this is after they gave her shield a charge bar and before her 100hp buff. Now as a winston player i'm finding it hard to justify bring him over dva since this change.
    Pokemon Shield
    Always ready to battle!

I always saw the the huge crit box is more than made up for in the fact most of her health is armor and you have 2 forms to kill to get her down. And the "getting destroyed by Zarya"? Isn't that what counter play basically is? I don't play a whole lot of dva but for the times I do (I mostly just play her like winston when I do) I had no hard time to be found anywhere really and was able to blow holes into the defenses left and right (granted i'm not playing master rank), and this is after they gave her shield a charge bar and before her 100hp buff. Now as a winston player i'm finding it hard to justify bring him over dva since this change.
    You're a tank though, so getting countered as a dps is one thing but getting destroyed specifically by another tank is something else. Tanks shouldn't be countering tanks anyway, they should be countered by dps.

Reaper counters all tanks but all tanks have a way to hold their own (roadhog even has a easy way to kill him)
    Zarya destroys D.va because d.va's defensive abilities doesn't really work against her

It's a important distinction when it comes to balance.

Not arguing if the HP buff was needed or not, but I understand the line of thinking if you also include the above average critbox

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Main reason DVA is played is to counter Soldier ults with her shield. So being he is a part of the meta she became one if they pick him.
    And Pharah, and Roadhog and Reaper...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You're a tank though, so getting countered as a dps is one thing but getting destroyed specifically by another tank is something else.
    Winston gets countered by Dva, should Winston get a buff because a tank is getting destroyed by another tank? Winston shits on Zarya (at least I do when I get a chance to single her out). Should Zarya get buffed because a tank is getting destroyed by another tank? Counter play is a thing, Tank Vs tank isn't going to be a endless loop of barriers and shields with either side having a edge on the other. They are all designed differently and because of this fact 1 is going to counter the other by some varied degree.
    Pokemon Shield
    Always ready to battle!

Winston gets countered by Dva, should Winston get a buff because a tank is getting destroyed by another tank? Winston shits on Zarya (at least I do when I get a chance to single her out). Should Zarya get buffed because a tank is getting destroyed by another tank? Counter play is a thing, Tank Vs tank isn't going to be a endless loop of barriers and shields with either side having a edge on the other. They are all designed differently and because of this fact 1 is going to counter the other by some varied degree.
    UHm since when does D.va counter Winston? Winston is weak across the board and he has some issues but to say that he gets countered by D.va?

And also the first time I hear that Winston counters Zarya

10+ Year Old Account
    Dva beats winston everyday of the week even before the health buff, all dva has to do is hold left in a head to head to win, and her charge is a shorter CD than winston's leap so unless 1 leap can get you back to your team making it Team Vs dva, Winston is dead. She has more damage than him even without her armor reduction, Winston get 1 leap in before he dies when bashing heads with dva and that 50 or 51 if shes already there (before armor) isn't enough to turn the tide in his favor. Sounds like a counter to me.

Zarya is a variable, you don't go trying to engage her when her charge is high (and it's obvious when it is) unless your team is at your back already, as winston and Dva you can easily pick your engagements with her as needed otherwise. Also might be a decent chance that every Zarya I been able to melt as Winston just wasn't very good. As I said earlier i'm playing in below masters
    Pokemon Shield
    Always ready to battle!

Dva beats winston everyday of the week even before the health buff, all dva has to do is hold left in a head to head to win, and her charge is a shorter CD than winston's leap so unless 1 leap can get you back to your team making it Team Vs dva, Winston is dead. She has more damage than him even without her armor reduction, Winston get 1 leap in before he dies when bashing heads with dva and that 50 or 51 if shes already there (before armor) isn't enough to turn the tide in his favor. Sounds like a counter to me.

Zarya is a variable, you don't go trying to engage her when her charge is high (and it's obvious when it is) unless your team is at your back already, as winston and Dva you can easily pick your engagements with her as needed otherwise. Also might be a decent chance that every Zarya I been able to melt as Winston just wasn't very good. As I said earlier i'm playing in below masters
    that isn't a being specifically countered, that's winston being a weak character....

if they added a charge system to Winston then he would be fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    DVA has armor, makes her more or less immune to things like machine gun fire but hard hitting single shot attacks work well. Main complaint I have is her ultimate seems inescapable.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I doubt a Hog would destroy a D.Va 1on1... Left click won't even bring her down to 1/2 most of the time and depending on how well D.Va can use her matrix you won't do any follow up damage..
    Well, kind of, kind of not.

I main the hog and DVA. 9/10 I will rip a hog to shreds if he misses that hook, I'd say 5/10 if he lands the hook. But I have multiple times come across a outstanding hog player who knows him inside and out and wrecks me on DVA. His left click does catastrophic damage up close on dva, on the flip side of that, if I play hog, I normally don't have a issue against a DVA. Again it all boils down to, they are my mains, I know how to play and how to counter