Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    you forgot to mention "with skill" mate

Deleted
    Well, it's a good thing Sweden has already taken its 30-year share of immigrants.

Anyways, the magic words are here:

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    ...employers in the private and public sector struggle to find people with the right skills.
    For some reason the 2 million already existing immigrants can't respond to the need. I wonder why?

To get people with skills that are actually useful to a 21st century society they need to be a little bit more selective. Unless they plan to degenerate back to the 7th century.

I'd like to consider moving to Sweden. I'm Greek, live and work in the US though. I'm educated, and make six figures in the US. However, I get the feeling MENA economic migrants probably are preferred. I also would worry about where I'd live there so as to avoid the worst of the problems brought in with economic migrants.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2016-12-09 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    No but if you got your news from sources outside of Sweden those sources have typically gotten their information from alt-righters in Sweden because they're the only ones that have been making a big enough fuss about this issue to talk to international news agencies, so only their twisted view has been spread.
    Lots of news agencies have their own reporters, so that sounds like propaganda for you and so you're off to a bad start.

The truth about our immigration situation is that we had a generous immigration policy that worked just fine for decades. But right wing demagogues convinced a lot of people that our country was going under (it wasn't).
    So it was fine.

Then Syria happened and our generous immigration didn't work anymore, the people who work at immigration offices calmly stated "we could handle it before, now it's too much" and the established parties changed our immigration policy to be less generous. All the while right wingers have been screaming armageddon for 20 years no matter if we take in 10 000 och 100 000 immigrants per year.
    ...and now it isn't fine, due to having too many immgrants that can't be absorbed and a poorly thought out immigration policy.

Those ghettoes are not indicative of a good immigration policy, in fact quite the opposite.

And those hand grenade attacks, not even one or two but 100+, they are obviously a sign everything is hunky dory. Or are you going to claim they were all carried out by native Swedes in disguise?

If only somebody told this to the army of swedes immigrating to Norway in search of jobs.

It then needs to find immigrants that will actually work all these jobs (So, not the ones they're taking right now). Or, here's a radical idea, it starts transitioning to an economic model that isn't based on an expanding population (and economy). It could be done, but that would require some real thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah dont raise more babies in Sweden. Transport people from the Mid East and North Africa. The enrichment will be so high it's hard to imagine.
    Funny thing about babies. They need at least 20 years or so before they can be considered skilled labor.

Pretty interesting. Let's hope the officials in Sweden take the necessary action.
    Better to be safe than sorry in cases like this. Maybe aim for say 90-100K annually?
    As always Tenissace continues to prove he is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    Pretty interesting. Let's hope the officials in Sweden take the necessary action.
    Better to be safe than sorry in cases like this. Maybe aim for say 90-100K annually?
    Speaking to public broadcaster SVT, the agency’s director general Mikael Sjöberg predicted that a labour shortage will start to hurt Sweden’s growth as early as next year, before becoming an increasing problem thereafter, as employers in the private and public sector struggle to find people with the right skills.
    That was the crucial part of that sentence - that you did not highlight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    ...and now it isn't fine, due to having too many immgrants that can't be absorbed and a poorly thought out immigration policy.

Those ghettoes are not indicative of a good immigration policy, in fact quite the opposite.

And those hand grenade attacks, not even one or two but 100+, they are obviously a sign everything is hunky dory. Or are you going to claim they were all carried out by native Swedes in disguise?
    We've had troublesome areas for decades, independent of the amount of immigrants we accept. And ghettos form mostly because of poverty, or are you claiming that every ghetto in the US consists of refugees and immigrants?

The fact of the matter is still that we don't have massive problems, we have small problems when compared to the rest of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had troublesome areas for decades, independent of the amount of immigrants we accept.
    You had dozens of hand grenade attacks each year in major Swedish cities for decades?

And ghettos form mostly because of poverty, or are you claiming that every ghetto in the US consists of refugees and immigrants?
    1. What has the US got to do with anything?
    2. Why would you think creating more poverty in the country is not a bad thing?

The fact of the matter is still that we don't have massive problems, we have small problems when compared to the rest of the world.
    According to you, but you keep blaming everything on the alt-right stirring things up, even though you'd probably never heard of the term six months ago. Who did you blame then?

And small problems compared to where exactly? Somalia? The Lebanon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you want those who will work in factory or collect your garbage work in gas stations - since those re jobs that educated natives wont take
    You do not understand the Swedich labor market, I did work as a cleaner at a sommer break. Sweeping the factory floor using a besom a very dirty work. More or less the only demand was that I did have successful completed my compulsory education (successful as reached the minimum level in all subjects, the grade do not need to be good)

As a native Swede you have to realy mess up your life not to get a completed compulsory education (and you can get the certificate/ratings as a adult by complement the tests)

So not have a completed compulsory education, send up all typ of warning signs for a employer. If X cant make compulsory education, how can we educate him in safety at work (the employer is responsible for the worker's safety) so they drop X immediately. Factory and gas stations do need bacic training in safety.

Now we have loots of immigrant (mostly refugees who got residence permits) from Africa and the Middle East, that are totaly burned on the open labor market, becuse they did not completed Swedish compulsory education, and only few devote enough time and energy to get the knowledge that allow them to make the test as adult to get the certificate/ratings.

So even "garbage work" is difficult to get as a Africa and the Middle East immigrant, particularly if he or she did miss several years of his formal education or the education was non-compatible with Swedish education, Master the arabic alphabet will not helpe you much then you have to write in the Latin alphabet.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-12-09 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Funny thing about babies. They need at least 20 years or so before they can be considered skilled labor.
    Funny thing about adult 3rd world migrants that the lefties love so much is that most of them lack the basic knowledge and education of a Western 10-year old -- in addition to not knowing the language, culture or anything else, not having any useful skills whatsoever, and harboring backwards religious and other superstitious beliefs that ensure they'll never properly adapt.

It's not the number of people that matters; it's the quality of people.

Deleted
    Yeah well that's a false reputation given by insane alt-righters.
    It isn't.
    The levels of migration to Sweden is insanely high, and has been that was for a decade.
    - This is very simple statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah dont raise more babies in Sweden. Transport people from the Mid East and North Africa. The enrichment will be so high it's hard to imagine.
    Do you ever make half-way intelligent posts? They could simply attract other European citizens to immigrate to Sweden. Of course that would not fit your deluded racist view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You had dozens of hand grenade attacks each year in major Swedish cities for decades?

1. What has the US got to do with anything?
    2. Why would you think creating more poverty in the country is not a bad thing?

According to you, but you keep blaming everything on the alt-right stirring things up, even though you'd probably never heard of the term six months ago. Who did you blame then?

And small problems compared to where exactly? Somalia? The Lebanon?
    1. Not a single person has been harmed in a "grenade attack" idiots haev gotten their hands on a batch of grenades from former Yugoslavia. Is this serious? Yes. Is it a massive threat to people's lives and security? No.

2. Ghettos form regardless of immigration policy everywhere in the world.

3. Some people think it's worth it to save people from war and ethnic cleansing around the world, some don't.

4. I've never used the term "alt right" before. But we've had right wing populism screaming armageddon since the 80s, they were still idiots back then.

The only point I'm making here, is that we can't accept any amount of immigrants into our country, we can and should accept an enough amount. But no one is the winner when demagogues are encouraged. Our country isn't falling apart, we're not under siege from islamic invasions, neitehr are we under siege from nazi uprisings.

I am for a more restrictive immigration policy, I have never voted for a leftist party either, but most people don't think so because I don't bitch and cry on every single forum I can find about how muslims are destroying my world.

Deleted
    No but if you got your news from sources outside of Sweden those sources have typically gotten their information from alt-righters in Sweden because they're the only ones that have been making a big enough fuss about this issue to talk to international news agencies, so only their twisted view has been spread.
    SD are alt-right?
    That's news to me.
    The truth about our immigration situation is that we had a generous immigration policy that worked just fine for decades.
    This is a lie.
    It's been working shit since we joined Schengen.
    But right wing demagogues convinced a lot of people that our country was going under (it wasn't).
    It wasn't? -

Then Syria happened and our generous immigration didn't work anymore,
    It never worked, and no it started to go overboard a decade before with Iraq.

the people who work at immigration offices calmly stated "we could handle it before, now it's too much"
    Which is a lie, given this picture.

and the established parties changed our immigration policy to be less generous. All the while right wingers have been screaming armageddon for 20 years no matter if we take in 10 000 och 100 000 immigrants per year.
    We have a strong social safety net in Sweden and a generous welfare state - That's fundamentally incompatible with almost any level of immigration.

Deleted
    http://www.thelocal.se/jobs/article/...loyment-agency

You are delusional if you think importing hundreds and thousands of immigrants who frown upon western civilization, will solve anyting. What about using resources locally instead, this would ensure that weakest and poorest people (most often the ones unable to travel) would also get help; and it would help a lot more people (more than 5x as many as far as i read)

Could we please stop this virtue signaling culture that is going to destroy the best of western values, and instead attempt to help the most people possible.
    This is the thing about leftist Sweden that i despise the most (i see it too in Denmark to a lesser extent)
    This notion that if we just show other people how well we are doing with immigrants, we get to call it a day and feel good about ourselves; when in fact we have done very little to solve the actual issue.

TLDR; Help in the local areas instead of virtue signaling how amazing and progressive you are.

BTW: In a couple of years when the average swede is tierd of no-go-zones, rampant rape of citizens by immigrants and the Sweden Democrats stops being ignored as a relevant party, come back to this thread and let me tell you I told you so :>
    Last edited by mmocb13fbb0658; 2016-12-09 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    We've had troublesome areas for decades,.
    We had 3 1990 - 136 2002.
    independent of the amount of immigrants we accept.
    No.
    And ghettos form mostly because of poverty,
    Immigrants aren't poor?
    or are you claiming that every ghetto in the US consists of refugees and immigrants?
    We have a different social profile, so this was a retarded retort to begin with, but Yes, ghetto's in the US have a disproportionate amount of immigrants in them.
    The fact of the matter is still that we don't have massive problems, we have small problems when compared to the rest of the world
    Oh sweet summer child.

(sorry for the swedish).
    The guy being interviewed is a card carrying social democrat by the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    SD are alt-right?
    That's news to me.

This is a lie.
    It's been working shit since we joined Schengen.

It wasn't? -

It never worked, and no it started to go overboard a decade before with Iraq.

Which is a lie, given this picture.

We have a strong social safety net in Sweden and a generous welfare state - That's fundamentally incompatible with almost any level of immigration.
    So your opinion is that it's been shit, mine is that it's been fine. You can find sources that reinforce yours, I can find sources that reinforce mine. Kinda pointless.

One thing though, that fancy graph of yours says jack shit about whether or not we were overburdened. It says that more immigrants came in, and?