Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So glad I've been out of the dating game for a decade. Looks awful now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I laughed at ALL of you (minus Linadra, who simply asked an honest question) because you clearly do not work in business. Don't laugh at things you clearly do not understand, not that the concept of a "social media expert" is complex. Also Google is that way --->

Social media experts are people that are in charge of your online presence. Think of it as a branch of marketing. These are the people that know the exact algorithms Facebook and other social media platforms utilize, in order to maximize your organization's online presence. They gather your online data, analyze your target demographic, write tweets and blogs designed to generate positive attention in a crowded social media atmosphere. It is a form of branding. A lot of companies are competing for your attention on Facebook and Twitter. Writing effective social media content and managing one's online presence is a NECESSARY part of any non-profit or for-profit organization nowadays. For for-profit entities, poor social media engagement can translate into a loss of market share.

You are welcome, go be free with your newfound knowledge.
    Google is boring to use ^^ Thanks for the answer! Personally I think I'd want the job title renamed to something else, if hypothetically I did that kinda work. "social media expert" Just somehow sounds kinda lame for job title :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Man, I just don't think going on a single date means I'm in a relationship with someone. I've never ghosted someone, but I've wanted to on a few occasions. Mainly the drama involved in "dumping" someone I'm not even going steady with at all. Especially when you give them reasons and they don't accept it and lash out at you.
    You don't even have to give reason beyond "I don't feel like it". If the person then goes into drama, it's on them (and it kinda prove you were right to bail out).
    And going on a date doesn't mean you "are" in a relationship - but you nevertheless have now an obligation to at least answer back, even if it's just to say "I prefer to stop".
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-12-08 at 02:29 PM.

I had a friendship that ended like this. It is quite annoying when suddenly the person who you've been friends with for years suddenly just disappears and you can't get contact back from them, but it is what it is. All you can do is either hunt them down or move on.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I laughed at ALL of you (minus Linadra, who simply asked an honest question) because you clearly do not work in business. Don't laugh at things you clearly do not understand, not that the concept of a "social media expert" is complex. Also Google is that way --->

Social media experts are people that are in charge of your online presence. Think of it as a branch of marketing. These are the people that know the exact algorithms Facebook and other social media platforms utilize, in order to maximize your organization's online presence. They gather your online data, analyze your target demographic, write tweets and blogs designed to generate positive attention in a crowded social media atmosphere. It is a form of branding. A lot of companies are competing for your attention on Facebook and Twitter. Writing effective social media content and managing one's online presence is a NECESSARY part of any non-profit or for-profit organization nowadays. For for-profit entities, poor social media engagement can translate into a loss of market share.

You are welcome, go be free with your newfound knowledge.
    I was more poking fun at the fact they called her a Social Media Expert rather than someone who works in marketing/advertising (which she does) and sometimes uses Social Media as a medium.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

"I'm... just going to purchase a pack of cigarettes, down the corner shop. Okay, babe?...... goodbye.."

Nothing new.

I've ghosted a few women myself, but that's because of my personality though. One day I'm here and one day im not. I am a very independent person, but I am also a people's person. I'll find myself talking to someone, then one day.. just stop. The only time I've really felt bad about ghosting someone though was when she gave it up and I stopped talking to her cause I got really busy with work and school.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    For starters, not reducing yourself down to a big bag of chemicals seems to help.
    That was just a shot at humor and a vague pointer that life can be really tough all around.

Our generation is fail truck at dating. I'm old fashioned because it works and damn near nothing else does, at least not usually. Don't "keep options open". If you are interested in someone, make a move. Period. It's 5000% more effective than what most people seem to be doing now. Ghosting is cowardice. Keeping options open is intentionally (or MAYBE subconsciously) non committal. Don't be afraid to "catch feelings", that's the whole freaking point of dating since you wouldn't want to partner up with someone you don't like. Doing everything in your power to not get hurt by keeping people at arm's length does exactly that: keep people at arm's length. Vulnerability is the only true road to intimacy, and I suppose not everyone wants intimacy but you'll never have a deep and complex relationship without it. Thus, vulnerability is the road to emotional complexity within a relationship.

I could go on for 80+ pages but I should stop my rambling. So many of ya'll suck at dating. It mostly stems from a lack of belief in long term love in general since almost all of you were raised in broken homes. Harsh, but hashtag truth bombs.
    I'm not of the new generation - I'm a bit older, happily married with a highly successful dating career prior. Could not agree more with you - whatever the fuck the millennials are doing now to "date" it ain't workin'.

I have actually gone on for 120+ pages in a dating book/guide I wrote a few years ago - never did anything about it, though (and I'm not plugging it here, to be clear). It will never be clear as to why it's going downhill so fast for this generation - perhaps social media, perhaps our modern society is no longer really made for life-long relationships.

Seems like this mostly happens in short term, non committal type of relationships.

kek...
    A few millennials met some strangers over the internet. Went out a couple times over the course of a few weeks. Then get upset when the other party doesn't return their calls.
    Sense of entitlement?

Life's a b*tch a people. The sooner you realize it, the better off you will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    WTF is this even a thing..

Why are people so afraid to talk to each other.......
    A lot of it has to do with because some(not all) are not accustomed to actually talking to each other. You read what the first person's career was. Think about how much time a millennial spends communicating on their cell phone. How much of that time is actually speaking with a person? I would imagine it is very very low.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2016-12-08 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    Is it only ghosting if it happens on good terms? Otherwise I've ghosted my last 2 exes with going completely "no contact". It's always the best option.

However, I've never done that to someone where it didn't go south.

On the other hand I've had 1 good friendship end like this. Doesn't really bother me, life is a bitch and it happened before dating apps and social media and will continue to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    kek...
    A few millennials met some strangers over the internet. Went out a couple times over the course of a few weeks. Then get upset when the other party doesn't return their calls.
    Sense of entitlement?

Life's a b*tch a people. The sooner you realize it, the better off you will be.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of it has to do with because some(not all) are not accustomed to actually talking to each other. You read what the first person's career was. Think about how much time a millennial spends communicating on their cell phone. How much of that time is actually speaking with a person? I would imagine it is very very low.
    This is still no excuse to not talk to each other.
    Stop putting a wrapper around the shit people make just to feel better.

A shit is a shit and it stinks it doesn't matter if its wrapped in pink paper or not.
    Man up/Put on your big girl pants and go fucking sort that shit out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I disagree. A mature person would at least tell the other person that they don't think the relationship is going to work. Simply disappearing is a coward move in my view. But then, in the end, the person writing the article got better off, in the end, she dodged a person she can't trust even enough to tell her a minor dislike, because yes, after a few dates saying a relation won't work isn't going to leave such a big impact.
    After a couple of dates. Sounds like the other person has unrealistic expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few months ago, social media expert Terra Loire, 26, met someone on dating app Tinder. Everything was great, at first.
    I already know the answer to this is she didnt put out.

I've always had the decency to tell a woman to her face I don't want to see her anymore and why that's the case.

I expect if this was done to me it would be because I made the mistake of dating a girl, and not a grown woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You don't even have to give reason beyond "I don't feel like it". If the person then goes into drama, it's on them (and it kinda prove you were right to bail out).
    And going on a date doesn't mean you "are" in a relationship - but you nevertheless have now an obligation to at least answer back, even if it's just to say "I prefer to stop".
    I doubt anyone would be satisfied with "I don't feel like it."

I also don't see how you thing someone is obligated to do anything after a solitary date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I doubt anyone would be satisfied with "I don't feel like it."

I also don't see how you thing someone is obligated to do anything after a solitary date.
    That's more or less the reverse of logic.
    After a solitary date, you don't really have an obligation to give detailed explanation. You don't feel like continuing, there is no reason to do so.
    On the other hand, answering back (if only to say "no, I'm not interested") is basic politeness and decency. It's irrelevant hown many dates there have been, you just don't leave people hanging unless they have been assholes themselves.

Haven't encountered this phenomenon myself, but I'd be fucking infuriated if I did. I'm completely ok with being told by someone that we're looking for different things (or whatever the impetus is in not seeing someone anymore); it's not fun when you genuinely really like a person, but that's life. The fact that there are a lot people out there now (purportedly) who begin relationships and then just stop responding/avoid the other person rather than just being a damn adult and saying "Hey, I just decided I'm not that into you so I'm going end this" is just depressing. I guess in the age of idiot millenials, social media, and the inability to deal with anything uncomfortable like a grown up, though, it shouldn't be particularly surprising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    how does a ghetto term like ghosting a bitch become mainstream? do you people even realize where this shit started? tennisace so naive

bothers me i guess, as much as "twerking" but this one is even more hood... stop trying to copy black people ffs.

tinder + couple of casual dates ... yeah that's just life. if it was serious relationship that was ghosted that's different.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    "Ghosting"=not interested.

That is how its been ever since the mankind. Some bored author just gives it a name now and people go like "AAAAAAAH.... woaaa".

My GOD THIS IS STUPID.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-12-09 at 01:51 PM.