Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I do wonder if they overdid it. While doing pure single target (but with the legendary trinket hitting a 2nd target) it was only doing as much damage as an 865 Spontaneous Appendages in my test tonight. The best single target hit went from 3.2mil to 1.5mil and it feels as if the range is smaller though I can't confirm that but I was sure it was hitting the 3rd dummy before, now it only hits 2.

At ilvl881 running 4set + Legendary Gloves. Of course it's still better than Appendiges since you can choose where to put the damage, it scales massively on AOE and the trinket has really high stats. But it's also a Legendary with +45 ilvl difference.
    I mean you have to also account that it is just by far the best stat stick of the legendaries on top of the AoE potential. So I think 5% ST is probably a good amount for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombard View Post
    A quick question, unrelated to the trinket discussion.

Is it me, or is arms warrior terribly squishy? Open World PvP is one thing - i get stomped regularly without ANY chance of fighting back. Monk stun - dead. I only got 1,7 million hp while most other melee specs i see range around 2,5.
    But to top it off, it is even while questing. I just did the sixtrigger quests in Stormheim. The goblins were actually unbeatable for me even without changing strategy. I had to do it as prot, which was an absolute breeze.

And the gilded market in suramar is the most terrible place i have ever seen in wow. No chance to beat two of the mobs there, and if you are spotted there are like a thousand that want to smack you >.<Farming Tyrs Hand in classic was way more relaxing than that.

Itemlevel is 843 and i got 14 traits unlocked - i am quite fresh at max lvl. Is this the problem? Just gear? Or is anything wrong with my playstyle? Dont know if that counts, but dmg in dungeons ranges around 160-180k on bosses.
    14 is okay, I think 16 will get you to the second gold dragon, and it goes through Precise Strikes which really helps.

If you're seeing other DPS with 2.5 million health they are considerably more geared than you are, which with the current PvP scene puts you at a huge disadvantage. At 882 with 2 (useless) Legendary items equipped I'm at 2.5 million health, fury is considerably higher.

Make sure you're using Victory Rush while questing and single target adds, it gives a nice heal every time one dies when you use it.

Not sure how your gear looks, or if you can afford crafted gear, but arms can really shine at lower ilvl's with crafted gear. You can get some nice Demonsteel gear that has better stats for arms warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacken View Post
    I don't main warrior atm, but doesn't Naj'entus make you top-tier 3+ AoE?
    I am rather certain that on its own the belt doesn't do enough to get you anywhere.
    Are there some simcraft numbers for the 4p arms since it didn't feel like it was doing much during the hours of boss testing.
    Is it me, or is arms warrior terribly squishy?
    Well let's say warriors aren't particularly tanky.
    You probably have already figured out that aside from hamstring>run warrior healing in combat is rather limited which is obviously not always a great solution in places like suramar. It gets more comfortable once you get another 20 ilvls. Also try to stick with really small pulls unless bladestorm is ready cleave whirlwind is pretty pathetic on the number of targets you should pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    cleave whirlwind is pretty pathetic on the number of targets you should pull.
    Unless BC is up. Also keep in mind that you can always just burst one mob at a time and heal back with VR. Shockwave & second wind help.
    ilvl is a bit low for big pulls in Suramar, but it shouldn't be manageable - just gotta be careful.

Open world pvp on the other hand is another story entirely. You can maybe kill fury warriors though, if you play your cards right...

Pro-tip for anyone world pvp'ing as arms, gunpowder charges ;P

Quote Originally Posted by iomind View Post
    Unless BC is up.
    Well most mobs there have a million + hp I still don't think the best way at that ilvl is just running in and pulling enough for cleave+ww to be worth it but don't let me keep anyone from doing so.

Deleted
    Suramar is Prot the thing you'll love. Gather all mobs in sight and kill them while beeing unkillable

A quick question, unrelated to the trinket discussion.

Is it me, or is arms warrior terribly squishy? Open World PvP is one thing - i get stomped regularly without ANY chance of fighting back. Monk stun - dead. I only got 1,7 million hp while most other melee specs i see range around 2,5.
    But to top it off, it is even while questing. I just did the sixtrigger quests in Stormheim. The goblins were actually unbeatable for me even without changing strategy. I had to do it as prot, which was an absolute breeze.

And the gilded market in suramar is the most terrible place i have ever seen in wow. No chance to beat two of the mobs there, and if you are spotted there are like a thousand that want to smack you >.<Farming Tyrs Hand in classic was way more relaxing than that.

Itemlevel is 843 and i got 14 traits unlocked - i am quite fresh at max lvl. Is this the problem? Just gear? Or is anything wrong with my playstyle? Dont know if that counts, but dmg in dungeons ranges around 160-180k on bosses.
    Your gear, relics and traits unlocked all contribute to how much stamina you hold. People can figure out if you are properly geared or not just by looking at your stamina. Get better relics, better gear and focus on a spec rather than spreading your points.

If you are going to be doing BGs, go with Sweeping Strikes and Shockwave (Melee Cleave spec). You can go with Opportunities of Strikes (I believe it is called?) or Anger Management. Deadly Calm, Avatar, Focused Rage (yes, this is overall stronger burst) and Defensive Stance are arguably the best ones to pick. You also want Hardened (something) from your PvP Talents, now switch to Defensive Stance and you have 40% damage reduction until you go below 80% health which will reduce your damage reduction to 20%, you can then pop a health potion to stay in the 40% damage reduction.

Your rotation is the same thing as it is in PvE (CS > MS > Overpower (if spec'd) > Slam - don't overlap Shattered Defenses buff, Execute once it pops), except that you want to manage your Fear/Shockwave/Hamstring considerably better. Also, if you are a clicker ... it's time to start keybinding. PvP is not like PvE.

I'm currently at 2.465M healthy before any buffs and the PvP buff too. That's my standard. I'm currently at 877 ilvl and my weapon is at 909 (890/895/865). I wreck so many things and about 90% of the time I stay in Defensive Stance, especially when I don't have a healer.

As for PvE, are you running FR spec with Deadly Calm and Anger Management? At ilvl 844 I was between 220-240K without FR spec and 270-290K with FR spec. Maybe you don't have enough Mastery? Mine was 80-84% back then.
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2016-12-09 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I do wonder if they overdid it. While doing pure single target (but with the legendary trinket hitting a 2nd target) it was only doing as much damage as an 865 Spontaneous Appendages in my test tonight. The best single target hit went from 3.2mil to 1.5mil and it feels as if the range is smaller though I can't confirm that but I was sure it was hitting the 3rd dummy before, now it only hits 2.

At ilvl881 running 4set + Legendary Gloves. Of course it's still better than Appendiges since you can choose where to put the damage, it scales massively on AOE and the trinket has really high stats. But it's also a Legendary with +45 ilvl difference.

While it's not a legendary have you tested the Gul'dan trinket? The 1095 Haste on it makes it looks downright shit for Arms at first glance but the on use effect is enormously overpowered in it's current state on the PTR. This is the sort of opening burst that's possible with it right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtPsCxSoQ0U

- - - Updated - - -

Breakdown of the damage over a longer period of dummy whacking.

Last edited by mmoc0bf7bade3f; 2016-12-10 at 05:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrow View Post
    While it's not a legendary have you tested the Gul'dan trinket? The 1095 Haste on it makes it looks downright shit for Arms at first glance but the on use effect is enormously overpowered in it's current state on the PTR. This is the sort of opening burst that's possible with it right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtPsCxSoQ0U

- - - Updated - - -

Breakdown of the damage over a longer period of dummy whacking.

While it´s arguably too strong, you have to remember that it replaces other abilities that you can use during that time.
    So it´s not like its +18% dmg from the trinket alone.

However, I still think that Arms can make perfect use of it, since its affected by CS and you can spend the accumulated Rage later with FR.

The juggling act for arms in NH is going to be really awkward. You lose 2 pieces of mastery to bis legs, 2 pieces to tier set, and 1 piece to the BC trinket. That's a lot of mastery, having a second trinket with no mastery? You're looking at probably the 60-70% range xD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Your gear, relics and traits unlocked all contribute to how much stamina you hold. People can figure out if you are properly geared or not just by looking at your stamina. Get better relics, better gear and focus on a spec rather than spreading your points.

If you are going to be doing BGs, go with Sweeping Strikes and Shockwave (Melee Cleave spec). You can go with Opportunities of Strikes (I believe it is called?) or Anger Management. Deadly Calm, Avatar, Focused Rage (yes, this is overall stronger burst) and Defensive Stance are arguably the best ones to pick. You also want Hardened (something) from your PvP Talents, now switch to Defensive Stance and you have 40% damage reduction until you go below 80% health which will reduce your damage reduction to 20%, you can then pop a health potion to stay in the 40% damage reduction.

Your rotation is the same thing as it is in PvE (CS > MS > Overpower (if spec'd) > Slam - don't overlap Shattered Defenses buff, Execute once it pops), except that you want to manage your Fear/Shockwave/Hamstring considerably better. Also, if you are a clicker ... it's time to start keybinding. PvP is not like PvE.

I'm currently at 2.465M healthy before any buffs and the PvP buff too. That's my standard. I'm currently at 877 ilvl and my weapon is at 909 (890/895/865). I wreck so many things and about 90% of the time I stay in Defensive Stance, especially when I don't have a healer.

As for PvE, are you running FR spec with Deadly Calm and Anger Management? At ilvl 844 I was between 220-240K without FR spec and 270-290K with FR spec. Maybe you don't have enough Mastery? Mine was 80-84% back then.

I appreciate your tips =) Thank you!

The thing is, i do not PvP at all. This character exists since february 2005 on the same server and was my main all those years. I stopped PvPing back in Season 4 in Burning Crusade! Alas, it is a PvP server, so i have to fight from time to time while questing. But it was never so hard for me, i get stomped so hard it is not even funny...As i said, that monk stun is enough, i dont survive through that. Or dk...i cant even hit through their bone shield before biting the dust. it is so frustrating...

As for the clicking, i play with a razer naga and was a semi hardcore raider back in my time, a pretty good one at that. I stopped the organized raiding with the fall of deathwing. I never clicked :P

Which leads me to my dmg and gear. This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tombard/simple
    You might want tot take a look. Mastery is 64% at the moment. The 160k dmg was on LFR bosses. Dungeon bosses are higher, over 200 k something. The fights are shorter, so the initial burst is more improtant.

I appreciate your tips =) Thank you!

The thing is, i do not PvP at all. This character exists since february 2005 on the same server and was my main all those years. I stopped PvPing back in Season 4 in Burning Crusade! Alas, it is a PvP server, so i have to fight from time to time while questing. But it was never so hard for me, i get stomped so hard it is not even funny...As i said, that monk stun is enough, i dont survive through that. Or dk...i cant even hit through their bone shield before biting the dust. it is so frustrating...

As for the clicking, i play with a razer naga and was a semi hardcore raider back in my time, a pretty good one at that. I stopped the organized raiding with the fall of deathwing. I never clicked :P

Which leads me to my dmg and gear. This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tombard/simple
    You might want tot take a look. Mastery is 64% at the moment. The 160k dmg was on LFR bosses. Dungeon bosses are higher, over 200 k something. The fights are shorter, so the initial burst is more improtant.
    Do you have any other trinkets? Those trinkets are really bad. Try and get your hands on Spontaneous Appendages, Unstable Arcanocrystal, Memento or one of the stat trinkets with Str/Mastery. Some of your pieces are not socketed/enchanted, but before that you want to start replacing them with Mastery > Haste > Versa. Get rid of all the crit you can.

One of the sticky threads we have in Arm forums talks about "Simulation Craft." It's a combination of an addon and a program. Get the addon, download and install the program, in game type /simc and copy all of that information into the program underneath "Simulate" and click Simulate! and wait for results. It will give you the DPS you can output, then you can start switching pieces to get the maximum DPS results. But your Mastery is indefinitely low. You want more Mastery, aim for 80% (this is for Live, not PTR).

Quote Originally Posted by Garrow View Post

Burst damage was really fun but the root was...awkward to say the least ^
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-12-13 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    I come for guidance.
    How the fuck am I supposed to aoe.

I find myself trying to pop Sweeping Strikes, fail to do so, sadden myself and go back to Whirlwind.
    The Arms compendium is giving me more or less the same lines I'm already following.

Is the spec at the point in which it's more worthwile to just go full single target/ priority targeting no matter what the situation, aside from Warbreaker + Bladestorm?
    Am I missing something?

Tell me how dumb I am in the comments below.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Pro-tip for anyone world pvp'ing as arms, gunpowder charges ;P
    Super pro tip: do open world stuff as prot
    I got sick of getting extinguished on a pvp server or having to worry about 4-5 mobs i had pulled if BS was down (even with 860+ ilvl at that time)...
    Then i gave prot a shot and the difference was just mindblowing...
    1v1-2 monster -> check
    pull 20 mobs and /dance -> check
    killing elites (group WQs) -> check
    Never looked back to arms for open world content...

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Super pro tip: do open world stuff as prot
    I got sick of getting extinguished on a pvp server or having to worry about 4-5 mobs i had pulled if BS was down (even with 860+ ilvl at that time)...
    Then i gave prot a shot and the difference was just mindblowing...
    1v1-2 monster -> check
    pull 20 mobs and /dance -> check
    killing elites (group WQs) -> check
    Never looked back to arms for open world content...
    If I want to pull a lot of Elite mobs, sure. Everything else, no. I can take on 2-3 Elite mobs without needing to use Prot spec.

Im so shit as arms im sure im doing something wrong my character is goldaneagle on area 52 any advise would be nice

Deleted
    How am I to use the on use Faulty Countermeasure in my rotation as it's a 2 minute CD with Avatar being 1.5 min and Recklessness being varied (30 sec)?

put it in the macro for burst phase (ie BC + Ava + trinkets)