Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Breathe and try to make sense now.
    In the new canon, the Empire is quite explicitely xenophobe.

In ''Dark Lords'', they have what is a transparent equivalent of confort women for the troops on Ryloth, coupled with disparaging comments

In ''Life Debt'', Wookies are treated as cattle by Imperials (who, obviously, don't survive the book).

In background material for TFA, the New Order is explicitely anti-alien

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It would be hard to make a clear statement about the race of storm troopers since they wear masks 99% of the time.
    Yeah I never knew this whole thread was a thing. I know there were aliens on the rebel side, but I never thought that it excluded other alien races or people with different skin colors for being part of the Empire or Empire sympathizers. I mean in the original trilogy, like virtually everyone is wearing a helmet and body armor. How are we as viewers supposed to know that "Yep, those are all white guys under the gear"? Jabba and his whole entourage were about the least humanoid one can get and never seemed to have a problem dealing with the Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    In the new canon, the Empire is quite explicitely xenophobe.

In ''Dark Lords'', they have what is a transparent equivalent of confort women for the troops on Ryloth, coupled with disparaging comments

In ''Life Debt'', Wookies are treated as cattle by Imperials (who, obviously, don't survive the book).

In background material for TFA, the New Order is explicitely anti-alien
    I don't think "hates aliens" equates to "white supremacy."

FTR, there is rampant xenophobia in the Empire in all lore versions for ''near'' Humans, that is ''Star Trek style aliens'' (AKA, actors with make-up and some prosthetics)

Mirialians (green skin, some blue-purple divots, AKA Luminara Unduli)
    Umbarans (bald and white skin)
    Chiss (of course...)
    Zeltrons (the species whose ''hat'' was ''being sexual maniacs''...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't think "hates aliens" equates to "white supremacy."
    I have the absurd idea that hating Wookies and Twileks is a Smurfs-level allusion to hating minorities. Like, I don't know, every single work of fiction ever with sentient aliens, including the War of the Worlds, where the author FLAT OUT says that the Martians are just doing what Europeans do to natives

Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    or it might be about some old cunt who hates the light side of the force and couldn't give a shit about any other life form except the fact he gets a huge erection by being a bad ass motherfucker and hating the good side of the force!
    Right, and the X-Men weren't written as an analogue for anything either.

FTR, there is rampant xenophobia in the Empire in all lore versions for ''near'' Humans, that is ''Star Trek style aliens'' (AKA, actors with make-up and some prosthetics)

Chiss (of course...)
    Unless it appears in the films then it dont mean fuck all to me just like all those wow knaak books and Dr Who audios and countless books.

Thats the crux of this you can read and argue all you want but at the end of the day George cant stop laughing he got 4 bil from this crap and Disney will milk this franchise till the teats burst into fire.

Chiss (of course...)
    I don't think anyone here ever stated that the Empire was in favour of Alien races. I'm still missing the part where they are a "white supremacist (human) organization", as the writers appear to want to push out.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I couldn't help but post this here after laughing my ass off due to how utterly triggered the right always proves itself to be.

So apparently two writers on Rogue One tweeted that the Empire is a White Supremacist (Human) organization. Which is true. And then, after Trump's election, posted a picture of the Rebellion's insignia with a safety pin with the caption: "Star Wars against hate. Spread it."

Neither of which are really any kind of astoundingly shocking tweets. One is literally just canonically true and the other is just a broad statement against hate.

But don't let that stop the alt-right from proving themselves as bad (or even worse, in my opinion) as the SJWs they keep maligning by their freakout, and now the hashtag #DumpStarWars is trending. So funny. Worked so well when the Force Awakens was apparently protested and nobody knew until after it made 2 billion dollars.

More can be found here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/rogue-one-why...-movie-2457261

I'll also point out that since Donal Turnip won, the "anti-safe space" political alignment has now protested...a play, a brand of cereal, and a movie.

Hilarious.
    It isn't true, the Empire goal is nothing about trying to be superior by race. It's about being a ruthless dictator to rule the galaxy. Only a racist moron would think this.

Unless it appears in the films then it dont mean fuck all to me just like all those wow knaak books and Dr Who audios and countless books.

Thats the crux of this you can read and argue all you want but at the end of the day George cant stop laughing he got 4 bil from this crap and Disney will milk this franchise till the teats burst into fire.
    Mirialans, Umbarans and Chiss are all canon. Mirialans and Umbaras appeared in movies. Zeltron are thankfully non canon.

Also taking a beloved franchise and starting shit like this, I would fire those writers, why does everything have to be so fucking political these days.

I have the absurd idea that hating Wookies and Twileks is a Smurfs-level allusion to hating minorities. Like, I don't know, every single work of fiction ever with sentient aliens, including the War of the Worlds, where the author FLAT OUT says that the Martians are just doing what Europeans do to natives
    You're right, that idea is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It isn't true, the Empire goal is nothing about trying to be superior by race. It's about being a ruthless dictator to rule the galaxy. Only a racist moron would think this.
    And the ''subtle'' message in all lore versions is that Palpatine rules the galaxy by appealing to the xenophobia of his military and COMPNOR. While he is the one that orchestrated the war with the mostly alien CIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You're right, that idea is absurd.
    Oh you mean that for instance in Voltaire Micromegas, there is not some kind of political message. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Yeah I never knew this whole thread was a thing. I know there were aliens on the rebel side, but I never thought that it excluded other alien races or people with different skin colors for being part of the Empire or Empire sympathizers. I mean in the original trilogy, like virtually everyone is wearing a helmet and body armor. How are we as viewers supposed to know that "Yep, those are all white guys under the gear"? Jabba and his whole entourage were about the least humanoid one can get and never seemed to have a problem dealing with the Empire.
    There are a few scenes in the OT that damn near literally spell out those things for you. I mean, in the first movie the officer on the Death Star looks at Chewie and asks the disguised heroes where they are taking this "thing". Also, Han's whole arc is that he crossed Jabba when he (Han) was a smuggler for the Hutts and the Imperials caught him. Jabba puts the price on his head because the Imperials seized the merchandise Han was supposed to deliver. So yea, not really on the same side at all.

Mirialans, Umbarans and Chiss are all canon. Mirialans and Umbaras appeared in movies. Zeltron are thankfully non canon.
    Thats nice but i dont remember the emperor wanting them dead

This thread is really stupid.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Never said it was news. I said it was hilarious and wanted to share it.
    Sharing this bullshit is what ends up making it popular.

Some things are better left unnoticed. Twitter is the sea of them.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Also taking a beloved franchise and starting shit like this, I would fire those writers, why does everything have to be so fucking political these days.
    It's always been that way. Not their fault you missed it the first hundred times.

And the ''subtle'' message in all lore versions is that Palpatine rules the galaxy by appealing to the xenophobia of his military and COMPNOR. While he is the one that orchestrated the war with the mostly alien CIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you mean that for instance in Voltaire Micromegas, there is not some kind of political message. Gotcha.
    Yes Palpatine convinced all races across the galaxy to put him in power because he's xenophobic. LOL fucking stupid.

This thread has become about race and should be closed.

So are you for or against?
    For or against what? Star Wars? Stupid hashtags?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Neo-Nazis Are Calling For Boycott Of Star Wars Movie is great news, so I can watch it without these assholes in the movie. Fuck the nazis "alt right" idiots.

Everybody knows that the empire was based on Nazi germany. The inside of the tie-fighters was directly from the war propaganda movies. During George Lucas’s childhood in the 1950s, World War II was still very much a part of popular culture despite being safely in the rearview mirror. Action heroes frequented the silver screen in large numbers, and none were more glamorous than fighter pilots. It’s easy to see how the war and the action flicks it spawned inspired the galactic dogfights of the Star Wars films.

Even the colors (red, white, black, white) resemble Nazi aesthetics.

The same goes with the way the present themself to the public:

Last edited by Kryos; 2016-12-09 at 02:38 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!