Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Nothing is wrong, believe me.

The only wrong here is this community. It's like 90% of the comments are crowd talkers, no indivuel thinking or feedback(just like in every class forum).

People are talking about fight mechanics, where they are disadvantaged. But hey, that is how its been for classes last 13 years.

I keep saying but people rather wants to whine. Quit your class/game or play something you rather enjoy.

I love the warlock.
    i envy you that you love legion warlock more then mop warlock.. i just can't .....maybe if i never played mop.

Deleted
    Simply because one of the main reasons for unhappiness for demo is that we don't have bigger demons graphically shows how well the demo lock is actually designed. Heck, if we were summoning those bigger demons, I would be the first complaining about clutter during a boss fight. This freaking huge doomguard in GoSup is bad enough (the horrors of having it with volcanic in m+....).

Destruction is also largely fine. Turning Soul Shards into Embers won't do a thing to "make it more fun" but that also seems to be the biggest issue that has been brought up (assuming devs picked it up because it was mentioned most).

I would really like to get some more movement speed options as Destruction lock. I'm always lagging behind because a spell that costs life is just not worth taking over a passive that prevents damage in 99% of all situations. It's more of a QoL improvement, possibly even one that you can only use out of combat would help.

Haven't played or even enjoyed playing affliction in quite a while. Did it in MoP because it was wildly overpowered (hello council fight with snapshotting). Did it in WoD because it was the best single target and council dps. I like that it gets attention for those who enjoy playing it, but unfortunately, it looks like we're forced back into it because of balancing.

I would LOVE to get the option of placing my circle without pulling (like with eye of kilrogg) back, especially now that it is a talent. It's already miles worse than blink but being additionally constrained because in a lot of cases you cannot place it optimally without pulling a boss just makes it even worse.

Baseline interrupt would be a nice-to-have. However, I like not having to do it, so that's not high on my priority list.

More effective healthstones would be great. Let's face it: Alchemy is already hands-down the best profession, it does not need that push for health pots any more. Heck, even First Aid heals more (although over time and channeled).

Lastly, a non-casttime BR would be a real nice QoL improvement.

Those last 4 ones as you can see are all nice-to-haves. I feel the lock is as viable with them as without, but it would make it a bit easier to play

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    If Sylvanas could manage to keep a dreadlord enslaved, a warlock can manage. I mean, the demonhunters have a captive one in their order hall, and a Matron Mother following along.

We have the eredar twins following us, for goodness's sake.
    Sylvanas didn't have a dreadlord enslaved. He pretended to be serving her until it became useful to turn on her, which he did during the battle for undercity. That's a prime example of what I'm talking about.

For starters I have played warlock since vanilla and this is the first expansion I'm not playing warlock.

Short answer:
    For me personally they have gone back in time, deleting QoL spells and other core aspects of warlock which makes the class feel very boring and not satisfying to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    For starters I have played warlock since vanilla and this is the first expansion I'm not playing warlock.

Short answer:
    For me personally they have gone back in time, deleting QoL spells and other core aspects of warlock which makes the class feel very boring and not satisfying to play.
    Way to be specific...

I didn't like your post because it had letters in combinations that did not seem good.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Way to be specific...

I didn't like your post because it had letters in combinations that did not seem good.
    Sorry, I don't quite understand you :P

I feel like we lost way too much in the ability prune, which I knew would happen. Many of the things we lost made little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I feel like we lost way too much in the ability prune, which I knew would happen. Many of the things we lost made little sense.
    In the end, this is the most annoying part. A lot of cool/QoL stuff was baked in mutually exclusive talents. I'm not gonna touch output talents (plenty of examples there but those can be said to be balancing related) but Teleport, Rush, some of the CCs, pets being tied to specs and only 2 have interrupt (supremacy dg/felh).

Rest is expansion related (titanforged range, pigeonholing into specs due to relics/AP/legendaries w/ diminishing chances of getting extras and utility/throughput).

There was no reason to make Burning Rush a talent, the same goes with Demonic Circle, which was baseline since BC.
    Everytime im in a M+ i feel like a burdon for my grp because when they are already at the next pack im still walking...

Removing the GoSac interrupt was also not necessary, just plain crippling.

If they would change these three points, that would increase the QoL tremendously.
    We weren't overpowerd with them, i never felt like "Oh boy, i can do everything, always!", it just felt right, now i feel empty and clunky.

And Affliction and Demo need something to "poke" right now, because its soooo infuriating that we need to walk to fucking totems and kill them with our weapon.
    So giving us pack Fel Flame would make those specs feel wayyy better and give Demo something to cast on the move.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2016-12-09 at 02:16 PM.

I can only speak for destro, which everything feels weak, shard regen feels clunky and Chaos Bolt hits like a wet noodle. I think the spec was at its best in MoP, personally.

Changing things that didn't need changing. And either outright removing spells/ aesthetics or just giving them to other classes.

Deleted
    Problem is the people who FOTM rerolled warlock in siege of orgrimmar.
    Warlocks are fine, we use 2 of them in our raid.

I still mourn the loss of Fel Flame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I don't think the thread is about being competitive or DPS or anything like that.

At this point in time in game, I'm currently main changing. I feel like warlock has really gotten the overall shaft. They are not fun to play anymore overall, and sadly, the thing my guild needs me for (and not really), is for the random summon or lock rocks.

meh

Except DPS is not the only thing this is about.

I played since Classic, I still think some things are annoying. The class ain't that bad though, still enjoying it. MoP feels like the best evolution until now (because at end of ToT I would play all 3 specs during a ToT run and enjoy all of them) but I stopped progress raiding right after Ra'den/before SoO launch so don't know how the OPness evolved.

Deleted
    If you think this is about DPS you couldn't be more wrong. Numbers are a simple matter to adjust. Most of us here are talking about gameplay, which has gone down the shitter since MoP, getting progressively worse.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Nothing is wrong, believe me.

The only wrong here is this community. It's like 90% of the comments are crowd talkers, no indivuel thinking or feedback(just like in every class forum).

People are talking about fight mechanics, where they are disadvantaged. But hey, that is how its been for classes last 13 years.

I keep saying but people rather wants to whine. Quit your class/game or play something you rather enjoy.

I love the warlock.
    Thanks for your 2 cents. But as someone who has mained a lock for more than 10 years I can honestly say that the class has never been in a worse state. And your whining about the whining in neither constructive nor useful. Is there a ton of shitposting "sky is falling" on the forums? Sure. But that doesn't mean that there aren't serious issues with the class. "Quit the class" is up there with "l2p noob" in levels of usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    What made warlocks less fun for me is the lack of baseline movement speed buff, You can barely escape Odyns aoe in HoV.
    Pre place a teleport circle? stop being a noob ffs. you have gateway too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vassleer View Post
    Thanks for your 2 cents. But as someone who has mained a lock for more than 10 years I can honestly say that the class has never been in a worse state. And your whining about the whining in neither constructive nor useful. Is there a ton of shitposting "sky is falling" on the forums? Sure. But that doesn't mean that there aren't serious issues with the class. "Quit the class" is up there with "l2p noob" in levels of usefulness.
    Thank you for your 2 cents. We have 4 now. As someone who does not care how long you played your warlock, I have to honestly say that your opinion is still just that: your opinion. Could you do me a favor, re-read your own post and then respond to your own statement: "And your whining about the whining in neither constructive nor useful". Do you think your post was constructive or useful?

Feedback for Destruction:
    - Baseline Movement speed (Burning Rush was fine)
    - Non Cast-time Combat Rezz Edit: also some better way of combat rezzing a holy priest in angel form.
    - Place circle without pulling
    - Healthstones > Healthpots or on separate CD
    - Baseline interrupt (nice to have)
    -
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2016-12-09 at 03:22 PM.