Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So in that case everyone should level a paladin, druid or monk to 20. That way you can queue for tank/heals/dps and get invited as quickly as possible.
    Yeah, that's even better. The healer idea was based off a lot of people spamming DKs, but if you just level 1 of those 3, it doesn't matter what the majority of the players level.

15+ Year Old Account
    This change VASTLY increases ppl chance to get these mounts, and thats great.
    Guess ill lvl up 35 pala or druids to lvl20 then before Feb
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

i dont fucking care how many alts i have to make/delete to get the mount, I.WILL.GET.IT

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty odd during Hallows end to see the headless horsemen in starter towns to actually scale down to low level players, yet the horseman queue was max level.

I still need to farm this mount so if my alts get useful before 110 that's very nice!

Legion loot scaling system could even scale down the drops, doesn't need to be BoA, but some form of scaling could be nice to have some use out of it when leveling even if it lacks XP buffs.

Brewfest trinkets were a lowly 810, basicly replaced by world quest or timewalking the same day. So maybe next time the trinkets scale UP TO 810 at 110 , and are useful when leveling alts to that point.

(Loot Reward ilevel can be higher then 810 relative to current maximum world quest or normal/heroic dungeon ilevel cap depending on current Raid tier releases)
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-09 at 02:15 PM.

I'm reading that they've changed it to a 3-day micro holiday.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752425349

10+ Year Old Account
    That rocket shall finally be mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    so... create new DH > queue -> repeat untill sick?
    I thought you couldn't que for anything until you had done the initial DH area stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Just saw this megaton on Wowhead.

Wow. That is awesome, I no longer need to level up 10 toons to do this holiday for a chance.

My bet is that Blizzard will do this for Headless Horseman, Brewfest and Summer Festival as well!
    Yea they will. On blizzcon they said they wanted lower level players to be able to do the seasonal stuff as well.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    You'll need to finish starting zone, then might face 24h cooldown, then dps queue.

Better plan: RaF yourself for 300% xp, make bunch of level 1 druids or paladins, level to 20 in 30 minutes. Multiple specs that are easy to change at low level by simple changing heirloom set, instant queue.
    True about DH's. Even with DKs you have to finish the starting zone on each before you can go into a dungeon right?

I think RAF is a really good idea for people that really want to spam chances. Even better, RAF and multibox (Tank and 1 or two dps maybe) It's not that hard to set up and do good dps with the slave accounts.

Even then, the mount is 0.03% drop rate (1 in 3333) so even with team of multiple full accounts spamming it, you'd have to get lucky. There is also a worrying post on the ptr forum where a blue asked for feedback on the new changes and called Love is in the Air a MICRO HOLIDAY. That means they may cut it down to 2 or 3 days which would be devastating to our chances of ever getting this mount.

Here is the topic (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2445220?page=1) please let them know that this is bad idea!

They should have just made these things repeatable and account wide.

• You get a daily try (account wide).
    • You get additional "tries" doing everyday things (world quests, story quests, battlegrounds, dungeons, at every level).
    • Event quests are account wide (just like battle pet quests).
    • Event currency is account wide (seriously Blizzard, is it that hard to set up a tab for account wide currencies?).

That way you can do all the tries you want (or can) on the same character, reducing the loading screen carousel burnout. If you want something specific for a specific character, you log in and spend all tries with that character until you get the item. Bang, a better event setup with more sense, freedom and less frustration.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

I just downloaded the public test realm and sure enough they have cut it down to ONE day. Starts 10am Tues on 7th of Feb and ends 10am next day.

Edit: Blue has confirmed that it will not be a micro holiday on live, just a miscommunication issue. Thank god for that!
    Last edited by Distortedclarity; 2016-12-09 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With an assumed 1 in 3333 chance to get it and with the knowledge the event lasts 14 days it is theoretically possible to farm this Mount now.
    3333 tries over 14 days is around 238 tries per day. With the character cap of 50 per Account you'll need 5 Accounts to host all those Characters.
    With the knowledge you only have to be Level 20 to qeue for it (and Paladins/Druids can play all Speccs thus speeding up the qeueing process) and it takes around 1h to level from 1-20 with RaF (without heirlooms it's 1h10 mins so with Heirlooms even faster).
    It takes around 5 minutes per Character (login, qeue, kill, loot) which makes it around 4 and a half hour per Account.
    If you can have multiple WoW windows open (or if you're a dedicated Multiboxer) you can now farm this Mount with "little" investment and loss of sanity for the rest of your WoW carreer.

After farming MoP/WoD World bosses for years, completing "The Insane" and camping all the rares for said Mounts I will try my luck this year making 4 Accounts full of level 20/21 Paladins to spam this crap and be done with it. For years this Mount has eluded me (only to see it drop to the same lucky guy every-single-time) so this year it will be mine !
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    I just downloaded the public test realm and sure enough they have cut it down to ONE day. Starts 10am Tues on 7th of Feb and ends 10am next day.

Edit: Blue has confirmed that it will not be a micro holiday on live, just a miscommunication issue. Thank god for that!
    Well, I don't think you have to be a brainiac to get that they just wanted test event on PTR. There was no sign it would change to micro holiday - micro holidays have no rewards for a reason. But part of the community is so sensitive that Blizz must explain their every little step I guess (quote from thread linked above: "Confirmed: Devs are in full-on Play Denial mode on a campaign to self-destruct their own product.").

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Eh, no need to use 50 servers, or DH (especially seeing as you need a level 70 on a server to make a DH in the first place), just create 12 DKs on 4 servers and 2 on another you'll be good.
    There was an bug where if you created a class trial char it allowed you to then create a DH, Not sure if it's still working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Why? These events haven't needed actual healers, even with tanks wearing their DPS spec's gear.
    The Crown doesn't need tank either, when it first came out, I did it with 5x dps quite often. Got about 500 tries in during the first one, pretty sure I dragged most ppl on the realm through it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, I don't think you have to be a brainiac to get that they just wanted test event on PTR. There was no sign it would change to micro holiday - micro holidays have no rewards for a reason. But part of the community is so sensitive that Blizz must explain their every little step I guess (quote from thread linked above: "Confirmed: Devs are in full-on Play Denial mode on a campaign to self-destruct their own product.").
    You obviously weren't there for the original posts. A blue literally called it a micro holiday but it is now edited to not say that anymore, if you look at the old topic every post was telling them not to make it a micro, because they really made it sound like it was going to be before they clarified. Additionally, when you logged on the ptr and scrolled to Feb it had been changed to 1 day. Nothing to do with the testing days, we all knew to expect them.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    you can pretty much guarantee there will be a 24 hr lockout like raid instances (on a new DH)
    there already is
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    They might but any other class they won't and if you got all the looms on your account...I know you can make brand new toon and get too level 20 in less then 2 hours....I have done it in hour and half with looms.
    make X pandaren charecters (up to your 50 char limit) on tons of servers, cover them in looms, before the event, every few days (or you could do like 10 a day) level them up 2 levels to use up all those sweet sweet rested levels

get X pandaren charecters easily to level 20 in only a few hours of playtime, and then do the event
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    You obviously weren't there for the original posts. A blue literally called it a micro holiday but it is now edited to not say that anymore, if you look at the old topic every post was telling them not to make it a micro, because they really made it sound like it was going to be before they clarified. Additionally, when you logged on the ptr and scrolled to Feb it had been changed to 1 day. Nothing to do with the testing days, we all knew to expect them.
    Oh, my wrong. But still, if this holiday would change to 2-3 days, they would need to reduce price for all rewards and increase Big Love Rocket drop like 500-700% - I don't think anyone would mind that ;P.

Deleted
    It was pretty odd during Hallows end to see the headless horsemen in starter towns to actually scale down to low level players, yet the horseman queue was max level.

I still need to farm this mount so if my alts get useful before 110 that's very nice!

Legion loot scaling system could even scale down the drops, doesn't need to be BoA, but some form of scaling could be nice to have some use out of it when leveling even if it lacks XP buffs.

Brewfest trinkets were a lowly 810, basicly replaced by world quest or timewalking the same day. So maybe next time the trinkets scale UP TO 810 at 110 , and are useful when leveling alts to that point.

(Loot Reward ilevel can be higher then 810 relative to current maximum world quest or normal/heroic dungeon ilevel cap depending on current Raid tier releases)