Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Gul'dan was confirmed as end boss of Nighthold on Blizzcon 2015, I doubt it would come as a surprise for anyone. Not even worth mentioning that he's been mentioned in Nighthold achievements and Adventure Journal since 7.0 prepatch.
    You would be surprised how many players don't read fansites or keep up with news around the game. With how story is told in the game, it's easy to think guldan won't be in nighthold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    7.2 is nighthold. 7.3 is Tomb of Sargeras. 7.4 is Argus.
    this is non sense.
    nighthold is 7.0 content, just like EN, just locked for an other time.
    7.2 is the tomb of sargeras and 7.3 is argus

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    The concept of time in WoW is a tricky thing to figure out unless they explicitly state how much time has passed. No matter how much time has passed in game time the story could have advanced a week or two. My guess? The timeline of the start of Legion to Nighthold is a month.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Frankly, the bad guy storytelling has been bad save for The Lich King in WOTLK in all of WoW, IMHO.

In general, the Legion should be making a bigger threat in the ongoing game right now, but it really isn't. (That seemingly won't happen until 7.2)

I can understand Gul'Dan not showing up as much, but the legion itself has been pretty fucking lackluster once you finish your order hall missions.
    Remember all this whines about "So much orcs" in Siege of Orgrimmar and WoD? They want to avoid it this time, so first raid has no demon influence at all. Nighthold will have 3 "Legion" bosses, so almost 30%. In Tomb half of the raid will be demons, but new zone, dungeon will be demon theme. Probably last patch will be only about Legion. So you see, if 7.0 had strong Legion presence, we would be fed up by the end of expansion. And now we will have nightmare/vrykul theme -> nightborne/magic theme -> demon/naga theme -> demon/eredar theme with Legion presence growing with every patch.

I agree, this is strange that Guldan isn't even mentioned in story after Broken Shore. On the other hand Nighthold raid and Elisande are set up pretty amazing, I wish that Emerald Nightmare has similar storyline before instance.

Deleted
    probs coz Blizzard are thinking of way for Gul'Dan to be retconned and remainder of Legion be about the lich king .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Anyone else find it odd how little any of the NPCs mention Gul'dan ever since the intro to Legion? We spent all of WoD chasing him, and now there's this weird gap where he doesn't exist in the lore until we kill him and loot his corpse.

Just bad storytelling? Or am I missing something.
    He kinda got the Garrosh treatment in that sense.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

pretty sure we don't hear of him because most NPCs don't even know of him.

I figure each time a demon mook mentions their "master" they are talking about Gul'dan, given his recent promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    For a ''biggest Legion invasion ever'' it sure as hell isn't feeling like one. The only places where they have a presence are in Azsuna and Suramar, but then they have factions like the Felsworn in Stormheim and the Bloodtotem in Highmountain to do their work. Gul'dan is just merely a pawn, but I would've liked to see him more.
    It does suffer from a bit of tell-don't-show, but I guess that was too avoid demon burnout. Lorewise, this is the biggest demon invasion ever; from a lore perspective it wasn't just the six pre-Legion event invasions that were happening, they were all over the place, and are still happening while we're in the Broken Isles. The Twilight Highlands, Mulgore, Pandaria and Northrend, and Karazhan and Ulduar, are all confirmed spots the Legion has been attacking.

He does pop up in a few quests. We did trsp him in the nether at some point too. So besides all of the things he was doing now he needs to fix the things we unraveled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    You would be surprised how many players don't read fansites or keep up with news around the game. With how story is told in the game, it's easy to think guldan won't be in nighthold.
    If younare posting here you aren't one of those people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Frankly, the bad guy storytelling has been bad save for The Lich King in WOTLK in all of WoW, IMHO.

In general, the Legion should be making a bigger threat in the ongoing game right now, but it really isn't. (That seemingly won't happen until 7.2)

I can understand Gul'Dan not showing up as much, but the legion itself has been pretty fucking lackluster once you finish your order hall missions.
    Some of this is a result of writters coming and going and jumping from project to project.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."