Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Keep dreaming.

And ... if you want a civil war in this country, then keep rooting for the electoral college to not do it's duty. And then start thinking about what side you want to be on for this civil war. The one with guns or the one with safe spaces...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Keep dreaming.

And ... if you want a civil war in this country, then keep rooting for the electoral college to not do it's duty. And then start thinking about what side you want to be on for this civil war. The one with guns or the one with safe spaces...
    Which side is which? I thought that evil libruls in chicago were overflowing with guns and Trump himself needs a safe space:

Keep dreaming.

Well thanks to gun nuts, guns are easily accessible and not hard at all to get s, it's a wash.

See how dumb partisan narratives are? Now go...play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep dreaming.

Didn't Obama take all the guns like the NRA said he would?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Didn't Obama take all the guns like the NRA said he would?
    What's hilarious is that the gun industry is expected to take a financial hit because people won't be worried about the "gubmint comin fer ther guns" and won't feel the need to buy or stockpile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    What's hilarious is that the gun industry is expected to take a financial hit because people won't be worried about the "gubmint comin fer ther guns" and won't feel the need to buy or stockpile.
    Don't worry, they'll make it all back and then some in four years when the evil gun grabbin' democrats are back.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This isn't Nazi Germany. You're really wrong. It's not even illegal to have no such ID in the first place.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_a...ntify_statutes

For example, in the great state of Nevada, it is required by law that adults must carry a valid state issue photo ID to present to police officers if stopped, but no such ID is required to vote.

http://www.nyclu.org/oped/column-sho...nypd-our-times

Even in New York, using a student metro card is grounds for police to demand your state ID. But not to vote.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...est-886038.php

Fuzzy laws, uninformed cops and bad arrests of this ilk are common coast-to-coast, said Komisaruk, who has studied and written about New York and California laws. She said five versions of "stop and identify laws" exist in a variety of states, but citizens are generally clueless to know which type of state they live in.
    A list in Wikipedia supposedly identifying the states according to these laws isn't accurate, she said. To properly identify keep track would take hours of a law clerk's time, tracing and verifying the disparate state court decisions, she said.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/9...Demand-Your-ID

Subsequent to the media storm that has surrounded the temporary detention of actress Daniele Watts in Studio City, and for that matter the tasing and arrest of Chris Lolle in Minnesota, for not providing their personal identification the LAPD Protective League has a bit a Public Service announcement for anyone who might be "confused" on the matter of whether Police can demand you provide your ID and hold you in detention until you damn well provide it.
    They say, Not Surprisingly, Sure they can.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2016-12-09 at 05:48 PM.

You realize identifying yourself is as simple as giving them your name, right?
    You realize I specifically excluded those examples, right?

You're crafting specific examples that don't support your broad claim, but it's refreshing to see you brazenly display your love of police state tactics.
    I don't love police state tactics, I simply state the truth that it's illegal to walk around in public without an ID and you can be arrested for it until police decide they know who you are, and that you think it's appropriate to put a lower metric of security on voting than on people walking around on the street.

People driving cars are required to have ID, people using the metro rail or airplanes are required to have ID, anyone stopped by police is required to provide ID, certain cities and states have present ID requirements, yet requiring an ID to vote is somehow a bridge too far.

And some states even have laws requiring citizens to have ID at all times, except to vote. Amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the truth and you've miserably failed to establish it. Your own links tell you that you're wrong. Get a clue.
    Wrong

10cha

Ohio is another state that requires citizens carry photo ID upon demand, but has no such photo ID requirement to vote. (can present utility bill as proof of person)

I wonder why the cops require a valid photo ID, rather than just taking their word for it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Well thanks to gun nuts, guns are easily accessible and not hard at all to get s, it's a wash.

See how dumb partisan narratives are? Now go...play.
    Oops! Forgot to put "trigger warning" on my post for the Sensitive Suzies out there!

- - - Updated - - -

I think what I enjoy most from all this was all the shit Trump got before the election for implying he might not accept the results. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I find it sad that you think that all people who buy firearms or are in the market for a firearm are all unintelligible hillbillies.

Oops! Forgot to put "trigger warning" on my post for the Sensitive Suzies out there!

- - - Updated - - -

I think what I enjoy most from all this was all the shit Trump got before the election for implying he might not accept the results. Good stuff.
    Congrats on completely missing the point. There's nothing sensitive in my post. It was a sarcastic reply to your partisan hackery meant to highlight the stupidity of partisan generalizations.

Ta da.

Also still not the same as being required to have an ID to be in public.
    If you say so, but I think being arrested for not having an ID means you need to have an ID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    If you say so, but I think being arrested for not having an ID means you need to have an ID.
    But that doesn't happen... not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. If you are arrested, they can demand ID, and if you don't have it, that can result in additional charges. They can NOT just walk up to you at random and demand your ID.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But that doesn't happen... not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. If you are arrested, they can demand ID, and if you don't have it, that can result in additional charges. They can NOT just walk up to you at random and demand your ID.
    But they can, and they do.

In fact, the law in 24? states is specifically written so that they can do this. More cities beyond that have such laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    No, it is not. You can not be arrested for simply not carrying a physical ID. You can't even be arrested for the sole reason of not identifying yourself.
    So the last few pages of this thread, did you read them? Because yes, you can.

Prove that millions of fraudulent ballots have ever been counted in the totals before.
    OMG, read some history. Particularly on the Daly organization and how they helped get Kennedy elected.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    So the last few pages of this thread, did you read them? Because yes, you can.
    Dude no you fucking can't. The requirement is that you have to identify yourself not that you have to present a valid state I'd. That is 100% different. What it does is make illegal for me to give them zero identifying information because that creates a pain in the ass for them to process you. You are so damn wrong please stop embarrassing yourself and your family with your stubbornness and attrocious reading comprehension
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.