Poll: Would you use Player / Guild Housing if it was added?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If it's like FFXIV's wherein you basically have a very limited number of plots that exist in real time near each other... na. Not even remotely worth the hassle of even seeing it once.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Yes, because Blizzard would force it down my throat with some kind of "optional bonuses".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Never cared about cosmetic stuff.

Unless there was game functionality moved there, probably not. If I wasn't on a slight break from roleplaying in WoW, my answer would likely be different, but I am. Even then, that would be me using player housing in a way the devs don't really specifically cater to.

NO, I'd not use it - garrisons showed that personal spaces just suck the life out of the game.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think housing is fairly pointless.

Deleted
    No.
    I play MMO's to be out in the world and surrounded by other people.
    If I wanted to sit at home stare at a wall I could do that IRL or in a single player game.

I really do not understand the need for shit like this in an MMO.

Deleted
    Good lord that SC from ESO is fucking awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I can't imagine you have ever built up a stronghold in SWTOR to even think of saying this. The two systems are so un-alike it beggars the imagination that someone could even put the two in the same sentence.

Building up my strongholds to reflect my tastes, acquiring various decorations (whether through adventure or purchase on the GTN) to fill ideas I have ... I have more fun with this than anything else in MMO's. I don't even care if no one else ever sees them because I do. And clearly many other SWTOR players feel the same considering that decos are some of the highest selling and most desirable items on the GTN at all times. My strongholds are easily worth billions of credits if I had held onto the decorations and sold them today. It's a much better investment than gear that just stops being useful with the next patch or xpac.
    Ah, I thought we were talking the ships. So they added something a long the lines of Wildstar.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's useless, cuz it's entirely cosmetic, it's niche, and it's expensive to implement If it's not cosmetic, it'll turn into garrison 2.0 really fast o_O

More cons, than pros

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Garrisons was NOT player housing. Please do not think that.
    REAL player housing would have player decided items and customization via furniture, door, walls, posters etc... NOT a limited list of pre set buildings in pre set spots.

Here's FFXIV players / guild housing.

oh i know i play ff14, i think its housing system is fun
    also, runescape has player and clan citadels
    wow should incorporate guild houses, that would be fun honestly although im unsubbed currently

perhaps an instanced area in a town or local city where players can enter idk... "ironforge houses"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I'd use it so long as it's not Garrison 2.0 where I rarely have a need to leave it. But my willingness to use such a feature doesn't mean I'm in any need of such a feature. If they add it cool, if they don't well I'm still going to play because it's not something I worry too much about.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard did player housing in WoW I don't think you would have much choice as to whether or not to use it. That said, they simply don't do massive customization in this game and without that player housing won't be worth the trouble.

Guild housing is another waste of time. Implies another perk system would have to be in place and the perk system did more to destroy guilds in the game than anything else.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It depends, if we can actually customize it properly then the answer is yes, if it's some crap like the garrison then no.

Player housing isn't a bad thing but too many people have had their visions tainted due to the garrison.

REAL player housing would have player decided items and customization via furniture, door, walls, posters etc... NOT a limited list of pre set buildings in pre set spots.

Yep, FF14 housing is awesome - if I ever go back to playing it regularly I need to decorate the large plot I bought my GF and I down on the beach (plot "5") - we did a little bit of decorating but we quit soon after. I actually just had to finally renew for a month after they reinstated reclamation - we have a medium and small for safe keeping as well.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2016-12-10 at 03:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    if it costs time and gold/money to make
    but is purly cosmetic
    no

because im not going to spend time/gold for something im to show off to freinds, but really my freinds wont give a shit... they will just hang out in theirs, or do world quests, or dungeons...

- - - Updated - - -

-video snips-
    you mention "customizations not placing things in predifined spots"
    but uhh... swtors is that... you have lots of choice... but you just place stuff in predefined places... you cant completely cover your walls with art, or fill a room with fountains, you have positions to put stuff in, and thats it

the main reasons why customization is such a issue in a game like wow is
    the game is not as social based anymore as others are, the game would need a bunch of things changed to make it more social, maybe more emotes, friendship systems, idk hell let us get married like maplestory :P

second is, if its purely cosmetic very few people will spend time and invest in it, as i said the game is not as social (of course very few people to blizz is like 200-400k) for the time investment it would not be worth it

if it has any benefit at all, then people will feel its required, and forced

and lastly, how does blizz want to do the customization, wildstar where its "heres a bunch of walls, furniture and random shapes... BUILD"

or swtor, predefined building blocks that you choose what goes in what spots...?

the issue also is blizzards engine, i think the swtor style would be much more likely (we see this with the garrison, through buildings, and the statues)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-12-10 at 03:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking Garrison levels of decorating freedom or something more significant? If the former, probably not a lot. If the latter, then it depends on what options I have.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Absolutely, I hope that we do eventually get real player housing. <3
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!