Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You vs thousands of scientists. Hmmmmmm, which to believe. Such a difficult choice.
    About as difficult as it was to listen to "thousands" of people say the Trump had absolutely NO CHANCE to ever become the POTUS. (and YOU were one of them.)

Yea - how did that work out? LOL.

Mad made climate change is a completely asinine theory, perpetuated by narcissistic human beings that actually think that the homo sapien is somehow significant because we have opposable thumbs. We aren't significant - we were lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    About as difficult as it was to listen to "thousands" of people say the Trump had absolutely NO CHANCE to ever become the POTUS. (and YOU were one of them.)

Mad made climate change is a completely asinine theory, perpetuated by narcissistic human beings that actually think that the homo sapien is somehow significant because we have opposable thumbs. We aren't significant - we were lucky.
    Thing is, we have evidence for man-made climate change. Lots and lots of evidence. And unlike the election predictions, climate data can't get convinced that the studies are rigged and refuse to be tabulated.

Mankind can create lakes, destroy forests, punch holes in mountains, and freaking fly. Claiming we aren't significant is just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Claiming we aren't significant is just bizarre.
    We aren't significant. Ever watch an ant colony? Ants are about 100x more significant than mankind.

By the way - animals can create lakes, destroy forests, and can fly - all without the help of any machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    i am happy.

i am all for protecting the enviroment.....but

MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING IS A SCAM! to take more of your money for the rich....

climate change is real, it has been happening for 4.5 billion years, earth has had warm periods with lava and ice ages with ice covering most of the planet WITHOUT HUMANS EVEN BEING HERE.

all the evidence i have read points to us heading into a mini ice-age/colder period and not because of HUMANS
    (Which is why man made global warming got renamed Man made climate change)
    *but there is no hard factual proof of anything, just lots of maybes*

basically politicians paid people to wear lab coats and say OMG PANIC WE ALL GONA DIE IF YOU DON:T GET TAXED TO FIX DAH PROBLEM (carbon tax)

but because of the sun's activity (this is why we have warm and cold periods, it has a cycle, and but going by earths history we should be heading into a colder period, and tempuratures have been going down if you read the correct data and top end meterologist, not politically paid people who get paid to prove the answer they are told to find.)
    Well one: NEVER in history, has the climate changed this fast outside of major disasters like a meteor or super volcano, furthermore, if you want to say this date proves the earth his cooling...fine what ever everyone can have their own opinion, but not everyone is not allowed their own facts, the FACT is the Earth is warming, we continue to see major environmental issues on a local scale becoming more and more problematic. Do you think the sea will stop rising because the FL Gov "bans" the term climate change in official documents? Oklahoma will stop getting more earthquakes in year then they had last century, or Coal lash floating down our river will magically not poison everything if we don't take steps to prevent it in the first place?

We aren't significant. Ever watch an ant colony? Ants are about 100x more significant than mankind.

By the way - animals can create lakes, destroy forests, and can fly - all without the help of any machinery.
    Okay. We cure diseases. We shape other plants and animals to our own whims. We can escape the grasp of the planet itself. We can survive practically anywhere on the face of the Earth, including under the ocean. We can bring back the dead. We can know the thoughts and speech of beings dead long before we were born. We can hold fire in our hands and harness the motherfucking lightning.

We are the fucking X-Men of the animal kingdom.

10+ Year Old Account

This is the most curious non sequitor. Its trying to assume a non anthropormophic perspective in an attempt to ignore the impact of human activity on the ecology. Its completely ignorant. All animal species interact with their environments and impact them to a certaun degree. The human race is sufficiently advanced enough that its impact on the environment is far more noticeable. This does not make us special, it just makes our interaction with the environment more pronounced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Maybe Pruitt didnt see this comic.

*snippy snip*

It'll probably get ignored any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether your Trumpy would become president or not had nothing to do with scientific theory, it was just a chance calculation.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-09 at 09:33 PM.

Based on what exactly? What evidence do you have?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I regularly see Trump supporters gloating about how the left can't "get over Trump winning," and to "let it go," but it seems more often to me that Trump supporters are the ones with these ridiculous "WE WON HAHAHAHAHA WE WON LOL" posts. WE WIN!! HAHHHHHHH!! YESSS!!! EAT IT!!! YOU LOST! *MIDDLE FINGER*

Glad it means so much to you.

And I don't know what being significant has to do with being able to recognize that pumping unfathomable amounts of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere will cause increased infrared light reflection. I don't particularly think I'm significant... and I don't really need to be to follow simple ideas. Is there any actual reason why you think that a molecule which empirically reflects infrared energy, en masse, in the atmosphere, wouldn't do the exact same thing there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    I regularly see Trump supporters gloating about how the left can't "get over Trump winning," and to "let it go," but it seems more often to me that Trump supporters are the ones with these ridiculous "WE WON HAHAHAHAHA WE WON LOL" posts. WE WIN!! HAHHHHHHH!! YESSS!!! EAT IT!!! YOU LOST! *MIDDLE FINGER*

Glad it means so much to you.
    I'm not even American, makes me wonder why they keep telling me that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I'm not even American, makes me wonder why they keep telling me that.
    I guess people feel at some level that telling others they've lost is like telling them "yo momma so fat" or something. Not my momma!!! How dare you!

Like.. you know, the stuff that happens around the sandbox in kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    That's all well and good, but despite Humanity doing alot of conserve after this went out, we have not seen even the tiniest dip in numbers. So Scientsists need to do more to see if this IS manmade, or if this is naturally happening.
    It is definately not happening naturally. Even a cursory glance at the post hubcap made would tell you that. You would have to be an absolute moron to think otherwise. Or are you going to tell me that our current level of Co2 being nearly 30% greater then any time in the last 650 THOUSAND years is natural? Completely ignoring the fact that pretty much every single piece of evidence points to that increase being directly correlated to the expantion and growth of the human race, as well as its industrial progress and expantion?

That's about as stupid as dropping a hot rock into a bucket of water, observing that the temperature of the water increases, and then calling into question weather the rock is responsible. All AFTER the fact that you have firmly established a grasp of the concept of thermodynamics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting Dracula in charge of the blood bank. What could possibly go wrong?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Let's ask Australia how that Great Barrier Reef is doing right now.
    it is doing fine thanks, and will be this way for a long time.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/14/us...eef-obit-trnd/

The more you panic mongers and doomsayers and Chicken Littles carry on , the harder I laugh at you.

"Claims in the media that the Great Barrier Reef is dead are irresponsible and untrue," Dr Reichelt said.

"Headlines that disempower people will not help us protect the Reef’s long-term future, which continues to be my sole mission and the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s single, steadfast focus.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2016-12-10 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    it is doing fine thanks, and will be this way for a long time.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/14/us...eef-obit-trnd/

The more you panic mongers and doomsayers and Chicken Littles carry on , the harder I laugh at you.
    Did you read the article you posted? No where did it say it was doing fine. It said it was dying. Dying is not equal to fine.

Ocean acidification, polution, overfishing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction

There is a good reason this is called the 6th great extinction.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2016-12-10 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This is what we voted for. No one should be surprised by these picks. Not much we can do about it but ride out the next 4 years.
    Actually this isn't who most people voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Good. Climate change is the biggest scam of all time.

If you can find 100 scientists that say global warming is real, you will find another 100 saying it total horseshit.

There is nothing concrete that can justify the billions poured into this scam at the expense of jobs and taxpayers and the economy.

I hope it dies a very quick death. Australia just pulled funding for it too. Hopefully more follow suit
    Every single thing you said is demonstrably untrue.

Do you have a single non-partisan or reputable source that even says half of what you just claimed?

I'd advise you to stop believing in things if you can't find facts to back them up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You're right, everyone on MMO-Champ should enter a suicide pact for the good of the rest of the world. January 1st, 2017, everyone needs to suck start of shotgun, for nature.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account

This is completely immaterial.

Your poor grasp of science does not mean you can discount the opinions of people who have a far better understanding of it.

You want to talk "insignificant?" What's "insignificant" is the opinion of ONE industry (the fossil fuel industry) in ONE country when it comes to hard science the entire rest of the world has agreed upon.

Their opinion bears no merit.

And you're giving their opinion merit. For no reason other than the fact that your party tells you you should.

That you can't see you're being lied to and taken advantage of is just mind boggling. It's sad. It's the smoker with lung cancer trusting the tobacco industry when they say that they didn't give them lung cancer. And then on top of that they're also denying they have lung cancer.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-12-10 at 08:51 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Ant's aren't digging up sequestered CO2 sources and burning them. CO2 is not some foreign gas in the atmosphere though. It's supposed to be there and there is a lot of it. But it is a balance and by burning fossil fuels we are upsetting that balance. We are introducing a new source of CO2 that has been outside the cycle for millions of years. If you want to learn more about this you can look at the carbon cycle.

Humans have been around for a short amount of time historically speaking. And humans have been burning fossil fuels for a very short amount of time, but on an absolutely massive scale. This means the environment has no chance to adapt to us. It takes thousands, even millions of years for life on earth to adapt to new climates.

There have been 5 major extinctions in the past. All of these extinctions were tied to events that likely changed the climate in some way. We are currently in the 6th great extinction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction. A human caused extinction beginning 11 thousand years ago and continuing to this day. Given that we require an enormous amount of energy to survive and a relatively mild climate, I doubt we will survive it. I think the ants have a better chance though. Let's not underestimate our significance. Credit where credit is due, we can seriously fuck shit up.