Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You will tell me with a straight face, that BM Hunter is viable on M Helya? No amount of vespene gas can make up for the design of the boss fight and its mechanical standpoint to BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thats great. Your team mates can't be that good though.
    They're good. No need to be shitty.

I wish you could downvote people. Would be great for people who are negative nancies to be singled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuq View Post
    They're good. No need to be shitty.
    I'm not but if they are behind one of the weakest specs in the game, clearly they need to improve.

I'm not but if they are behind one of the weakest specs in the game, clearly they need to improve.
    Why do they need to improve if they are clearing top level content?

Clearly everyone can improve, but your implication is that they are bad, which they cant be to clear the content they have.

Deleted
    Please tell me you arent basing "one of the weakest specs in the game" on 90th percentile warcraftlogs right?

Noone would be stupid enough to say that right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Please tell me you arent basing "one of the weakest specs in the game" on 90th percentile warcraftlogs right?

you couldnt possibly be that stupid right?
    Never underestimate people on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

Noone would be stupid enough to say that right?
    What would you like me to base it on then? 10%? Yeap, it's crap there. 99%? Oh yeah, right there at the bottom.
    Overall at all skill levels? Yes, it's crap.

It really doesn't matter how good or bad you are, the spec is underpreforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    I wish you could downvote people. Would be great for people who are negative nancies to be singled out.
    You'd lose 90% of MMO-C posters.

If you are raiding mythic you should play MM period. Any other spec is wasting 19 other people's time.

Meh... this BM thing is getting old...

Is BM DPS lower than MM? Most often, yes...

Is it viable? Yes, if you do your job correctly, it wont be a BM in the raiding group that will halt a mythic progression. I'm 7/7m and we progressed just fine with me as a BM in the group, with server first and all. AS of now i can pull 400k+ almost every encounter on EN mythic appart from Elerethe and Ilgnoth.

Haven't started on ToV M yet, but on 3/3 heroic im @ 396k on odyn, 420k on Guarm and 450k on helya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrol View Post
    If you are raiding mythic you should play MM period. Any other spec is wasting 19 other people's time.
    You just wasted our time with your shitpost, kindly fuck off and feel free to make a MM circle jerk thread.

You are confusing watching Slootbag's raid on twitch and your actual guilds raid in game. Almost everyone on this thread is in a guild where you can play BM and perform perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    You just wasted our time with your shitpost, kindly fuck off and feel free to make a MM circle jerk thread.
    My answer fits exactly this thread. I answered the question and gave the reason for it. Not sure how you disagreeing or enjoying BM makes my comment not relevant for this thread.

"Shines" might not be the right word though.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...dps&dataset=90
    Thats not specific for any boss or anything really. If you can get enough ap and pull out multiple gear sets it is possible to micro manage which spec you play on a fight-fight basis. Theres no reason a hunter couldn't play surv on guarm.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the answers which actually had some meaningfull information instead of blatant "play MM", which seemed that you didn't even bother to read the first post properly... I could make the question bit better and shorter: would average player do more dps as BM than balance druid on mythic raid? And don't bother saying "you need tons of AP etc etc etc." that isn't answer to the question at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Neherak View Post
    Thanks for all the answers which actually had some meaningfull information instead of blatant "play MM", which seemed that you didn't even bother to read the first post properly... I could make the question bit better and shorter: would average player do more dps as BM than balance druid on mythic raid? And don't bother saying "you need tons of AP etc etc etc." that isn't answer to the question at hand.
    People are not saying "play MM" just to be douchebags though.
    I don't think most people here are fine with the fact that BM is that far behind in pretty much every situation. It's just a fact however. BM is a bad spec, MM is quite ok in some situations.

A balance druid will do better than a BM hunter, yes. Balance is no "top DPS spec" either and to do really well you need a specific legendary. The spec is more or less designed around it and you'd be way behind other druids without it... Still better than BM hunters of course.
    Balance is quite fun to play though (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Neherak View Post
    It is a completely valid answer because this is the Legion hamster wheel. Everybody thinking of rerolling to another class, not just you, has to commit to farming AP at drastically lower AK. Otherwise, your guild mates will be pissed they are dragging along a dude with less than 30 traits and you might even hate the re-grind so much you'll quit the game.

We have BM hunter (885 ilvl) in guild and he does better than me (MM 891 ilvl) on almost all bosses.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2016-12-10 at 07:07 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Thats not specific for any boss or anything really. If you can get enough ap and pull out multiple gear sets it is possible to micro manage which spec you play on a fight-fight basis. Theres no reason a hunter couldn't play surv on guarm.
    You are making the assumption that keeping all your weapons at similar AP levels (assuming high-end Mythic, 36-37+ at least) is easily doable and that you would have equal legendaries in the specs. The first is possible, the second isn't. Yes, in an ideal world it would be possible to swap to appropriate specs per fight but AP investments and legendaries make this horrifically impractical. Not to mention ranged/melee raid numbers.
    start9