Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Raid Testing Guldan

so they caved in and decided to test him what happened to letting evryone experience the fight fresh on live, guess they were to spooked of how mythic xavius turned out so they decide to actually test guldan hc atleast ( even tho mythic helya was pretty spot on imo)

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    so they caved in and decided to test him what happened to letting evryone experience the fight fresh on live, guess they were to spooked of how mythic xavius turned out so they decide to actually test guldan hc atleast ( even tho mythic helya was pretty spot on imo)
    Helya was also tested on Heroic. Don't recall about Xavius.

Deleted
    yeah i know but they said specifically they wouldnt test guldan so evryone could play it live for the first time since its a tier endboss and stuff. iknow xavius was tested :>

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    I take it you missed the banning due to Mythic Helya not being quite spot on. I would take it that Mythic Helya was actually the MAIN reason they caved.

Majority of the players don't do stuff on the PTR. It helps the rest of us out so its good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Majority of the players don't do stuff on the PTR. It helps the rest of us out so its good.
    Same can be said of an untested boss for many players though - it doesn't affect hte majority of players if the bleeding edge experiences a bug, and there's a romantic feeling about experiencing a boss with everyone completely blind to the mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Since they've started publicly testing bosses, every boss they've tried to push out without testing has been an absolute disaster.

Please never try again.

My guess is because of the leaked cinematic. Sort of spoiled everything possible in the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Same can be said of an untested boss for many players though - it doesn't affect hte majority of players if the bleeding edge experiences a bug, and there's a romantic feeling about experiencing a boss with everyone completely blind to the mechanics.
    Okay. None of those people are completely blind anyway because they were all told by their raid leader to watch/read a guide made by the guilds that cleared it through those bugs. Your point doesn't make any sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where do you see it saying mythic guldan will be tested?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

100% wrong.... a untested boss leads to week 1 bugs that do affect the majority of the player base. atleast on normal. While also making week 1 progression for progression raiders annoying when week 1 heroic split runs are bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Where do you see it saying mythic guldan will be tested?
    He better be. Fuck another Sinestra, Ra'den, Xavius. All complete failures due to lack of testing.

I don't believe Blackhand, Archimonde, Lei Shen, Garrosh had any/many issues. The bigger problem seems to come when the bosses aren't tested on ANY difficulties.

Now, I personally was looking forward Gul'dan not being tested but leaked cinematic blew out any possible spoilers. (Yes they could've just not turned the cinematic on but parts of the fight could've had spoilers itself.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    100% wrong.... a untested boss leads to week 1 bugs that do affect the majority of the player base. atleast on normal. While also making week 1 progression for progression raiders annoying when week 1 heroic split runs are bugged.
    100% right based one experience, and you aren't biased at all

You can chill out. I was merely playing devils advocate

Okay. None of those people are completely blind anyway because they were all told by their raid leader to watch/read a guide made by the guilds that cleared it through those bugs. Your point doesn't make any sense.
    You're so far detached you don't realize many many guilds (the type who never even plan to see mythic) don't get their raiders to check out fights beforehand. Likewise the middle bulk who will see bosses on normal/heroic week 1 but are often expected by their raidleader to catch whatever fatboss or properbird video or wowhead guide beforehand get a new experience from bosses that had 0 testing on ptr.

I'm not saying we should - but to ignore the positives because you're defensive hardcore raiders does noone any help. It makes this place an echo chamber.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    End bosses on mythic difficulty is never tested, but end bosses on normal/heroic difficulty has always been tested on the PTR. This is nothing new

You're so far detached you don't realize many many guilds (the type who never even plan to see mythic) don't get their raiders to check out fights beforehand. Likewise the middle bulk who will see bosses on normal/heroic week 1 but are often expected by their raidleader to catch whatever fatboss or properbird video or wowhead guide beforehand get a new experience from bosses that had 0 testing on ptr.

I'm not saying we should - but to ignore the positives because you're defensive hardcore raiders does noone any help. It makes this place an echo chamber.
    Omg dude. You literally did it again.

If they're that detached then the raid testing isn't fucking spoiling them anyway! Make up your mind.

"Bruh you don't even know about these people that don't look up fights, but they're totally on PTR raid testing last bosses with high end Mythic guilds so stop spoiling the fight for them!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Helya was also tested on Heroic. Don't recall about Xavius.
    Xavius was tested in beta, but they specifically said in beta that Gul'dan wouldn't be tested because they wanted to keep the end boss an actual surprise, but then again they probably caved because of the cinematic that was leaked a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Omg dude. You literally did it again.

If they're that detached then the raid testing isn't fucking spoiling them anyway! Make up your mind.

"Bruh you don't even know about these people that don't look up fights, but they're totally on PTR raid testing last bosses with high end Mythic guilds so stop spoiling the fight for them!!!!"
    Different people. If you couldn't tell that the people who never do mythic and the people who do heroic in the first week are different people you could do with some help.

After all the buggy shit that's been happening in Legion, it's probably a good thing they are testing him.

The question is, will they take the feedback and implement that if there's bugs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people are stating the cinematic as a valid reason. Like...wat? All the end bosses (DW/garrosh,arch,) have had cinematics and they test them anyway. It's obviously because they want to playtest in a different enviorment / behavior. It's not like these guilds testing him will actually kill him in the time given.