Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Mailling ballots back and forth 3 times and hoping your vote went through doesn't sound better to me. It also doesn't sound more secure.
    Given how ballots are issued on the basis of registration and 'spares' aren't issued unless on request, vote tampering is very difficult on the part of the post office. It's about as easy or likely for a poll worker to be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Given how ballots are issued on the basis of registration and 'spares' aren't issued unless on request, vote tampering is very difficult on the part of the post office. It's about as easy or likely for a poll worker to be doing it.
    And the whole point is that the system needs checks in place so that:

A) The individual voter can't cheat and vote more than once
    B) The poll workers can't cheat and alter the tallies
    C) The election boards can't cheat and alter the tallies

And you simply can't do those things without a system that verifies who people are before they vote.

10+ Year Old Account

And you simply can't do those things without a system that verifies who people are before they vote.
    So disabled or poor people who can't get to a precinct should lose the right to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So disabled or poor people who can't get to a precinct should lose the right to vote?
    In my state we have early in-person voting I think up to 2 weeks before election day. Isn't that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Conservatives seem to be against welfare except when it comes to businesses. Then apparently they expect everyone else to bail them out for their mistakes. Doesn't seem much different from being a welfare queen to me.
    Socialize loss and risk, privatize profit.

Since you're an expert; I'd like to know more. What system is in place to ensure the mailman cannot influence the process? (This was the point of weakness being exploited in the UK and why their mail-in ballot system is about to disappear, or at least undergo reforms)
    You keep making this claim but I've yet to see any evidence of widescale postal vote fraud in the UK. Please don't tell me you're basing this on a claim made by UKIP?

10+ Year Old Account

Which is countered by the fact that each voter is only issued one ballot and it is cross checked against the voter rolls.

Neither of which are resolved by photo ID.

We have this, it's called registration.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Republicans don't disenfranchise anybody. It's always been the Democrats who enfranchise people who don't deserve it or in some cases, don't even exist.
    All evidence to the contrary. But whatever feels right - just say it and think it's true. Facts are for suckers - MAGA!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You keep making this claim but I've yet to see any evidence of widescale postal vote fraud in the UK. Please don't tell me you're basing this on a claim made by UKIP?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...oner-says.html

Want to source shame some more, or can we move on?

Which is countered by the fact that each voter is only issued one ballot and it is cross checked against the voter rolls.
    Nothing in your hypothetical system stops an individual from casting more than one ballot assuming they're able to get past registration.

Neither of which are resolved by photo ID.
    Yes, those other instances of voter/election fraud are not "resolved" by photo ID, but are impossible to prove without a verifiable paper trail and a registration process that makes sense. So, you can't have one without the other.

We have this, it's called registration.
    And voter registration is exactly where the problems seem to be occurring.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Nothing in your hypothetical system stops an individual from casting more than one ballot assuming they're able to get past registration.

Yes, those other instances of voter/election fraud are not "resolved" by photo ID, but are impossible to prove without a verifiable paper trail and a registration process that makes sense. So, you can't have one without the other.

You nutters/Trumpers crack me up. George Bush 2 did a study and demonstrated that voter fraud isn't an issue. Don't argue with us - go with your own party's study.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You nutters/Trumpers crack me up. George Bush 2 did a study and demonstrated that voter fraud isn't an issue. Don't argue with us - go with your own party's study.
    I'm not affiliated with either party. I think I actually registered this year as a Democrat, but that was when I thought they had an actual candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my state we have early in-person voting I think up to 2 weeks before election day. Isn't that enough?
    1. A number of states don't have early voting.
    2. You still need to get there, a daunting task for people who have no public transportation (aka the entire country outside cities), have no vehicle, have no ride, have no money, etc., etc., etc.
    3. In several states this cycle, Republicans cut early voting. I would assume the end goal being the removal of it entirely at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a registration issue, not a voter ID issue.

Yeah, and how do you expect to figure out which ballots are fraudulent considering they aren't named?

Which is solved by having to present photo ID at the poll, how?

Again, I'm totally in favor of automatic, in person voter registration when you turn eighteen for all citizens.

A claim he made without evidence, just that in his opinion it's easy which contradicts the reports of the actual electoral commission which states that while voter fraud does occur, it's not common. Anyway, I wasn't trying to shame you, the UKIP claim was the only recent one I could see and people who may not be familiar with UKIP or British politics might not know that they (ukip) are full of shit.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-12-09 at 11:54 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not affiliated with either party. I think I actually registered this year as a Democrat, but that was when I thought they had an actual candidate.
    Your party affiliation doesn't matter. You ignoring data and information does. The people you "think" don't participate in voter fraud conducted a study demonstrating that voter fraud isn't an issue.

The issue is voter suppression - and the GOP is all about that.

That's a registration issue, not a voter ID issue.
    No, the fact that people can register to vote under someone else's name is a registration issue.

The fact that someone can vote more than once without showing an ID is a voter ID issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If it id happen (unlikely) I'm going to open a salt mining business.
    Lawl... because APPARENTLY there wasn't enough salt to be mined from that evil witch Hillary's "surprise" loss.... LMAO.