Poll: Should successfully interrupting a spell give you a bonus?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You mean like when it was a Warrior glyph for 6 years and then removed and added to DH?
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I don't want every spec to be capable of every mechanic. Monks and paladins used to be able to interrupt, it's shitty that they can't anymore because I now have to rely on retarded dpsers to do it when I was perfectly capable of handling it myself previously.

I'm sorry that you aren't good enough to heal and interrupt.
    Bad player wants his spec to be able to do everything because he's too bad to find a real guild. Holy Paladins were only able to interrupt during the worst (not even close), most homogenized stretch of WoWs life. Back to the glory days of bringing specs for a good fucking reason again. God forbid you actually have to put any thought whatsoever in to your group composition.
    Last edited by skitzy129; 2016-12-09 at 10:16 PM.

At the very least I believe there should be more of a benefit for the ranged DPS specs to use their interrupts, like hunter's counter shot, and mages counterspell, warlocks pet ability, etc. Would give more of an incentive to have the ranged classes participate in interrupting.

The unforeseen consequence of this is having interrupt envy. The person who continually gets the interrupts first gets pointed at as having an unfair advantage (especially in pugs) or the meta for competitive groups dedicates someone to interrupt because their DPS benefits it more than anyone else.

I like the idea of rewarding good gameplay, but rewards have to be personal else it becomes a catalyst for min-max/competitive drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    The incentive is that you don't die, so no.
    Problem is most DPS don't care about that part if they even know that there is damage to be avoided by interrupting. You can actually wipe by having 4 Bloodtainted Furies up in DHT when nobody interrupts/kills the small fuckers.

In my experience an addon that announces interrupts seems to incentivice it in others a little bit.

So yeah, some resource from interrupting for everyone would be nice. Doesn't even have to be for every interrupt, a stacking buff that unloads a good hit on a mob after 10 successful interrupts.

Deleted
    Protection paladins are the best example, they use an interrupt (shield boomerang) in their "rotation" which is also one of the best "pull abilities" in the game, so I would put benefits in interrupt spells.

Ideas:
    Mage: frost: 1 charge of fingers of frost, fire: 1 charge of fire blast, arcane: next spell cost 0
    Shaman: enh: 1 charge of stormstrike, elem: reset lava burst CD, resto: nest spell +50% healing
    Rogue: next ability generates doble cp

The problem with this is that it leads to a situation where everyone will attempt to interrupt the first spell that they see and then no one will have an interrupt left for the second one.

Also consider that casters might end up in this awkward spot when they might want to cancel their current spell to land an interrupt, which might cost some DPS to the raid in the long run.

I could see this working but only for Melee classes and only if Blizzard brought back a resource cost to interrupts so as to provide an incentive to organize.

Warriors had it for so long I don't really understand why suddenly it became a Demon Hunter only thing...

issue with giving everyone a bonus, you get people to start arguing on who gets to interupt

boss casts ,3 people interupt trying to get their bonus damage
    the next cast no one has a interupt, they are fucked

its everyones fault cause they were all trying to get their + damage

Lol as if today's spellcasts in PVE were punishing and hard to interrupt...

General Vezax was hard and practically wipe if not interrupted.
    Nefarian hc p2 interrupts were pretty hard to coordinate and VERY punishing.

If anything, they should take away it from DHs. As someone above me said, avoiding additional dmg/empowerments is enough reward.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Bad player wants his spec to be able to do everything because he's too bad to find a real guild. Holy Paladins were only able to interrupt during the worst (not even close), most homogenized stretch of WoWs life. Back to the glory days of bringing specs for a good fucking reason again. God forbid you actually have to put any thought whatsoever in to your group composition.
    My guild is (and has been) capable of clearing content on the hardest difficulty(as current content). You're super reaching.
    Show me on the doll where someone touched you.