Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I am quite confident that if Tomb of Sargeras has 9 bosses that we'll get a bonus smaller raid in 7.2.5 just like ToV or alternatively, that the last raid comes out faster.

I do however think that an extra raid is the most likely. There are some possibilities in Azsuna and Highmountain for that. On top of that they might aswell open a raid in an older continent. Something in a classic zone or northrend (azjol-nerub raid anyone?) would be great.
    Yes, me please.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 bosses is satisfactory to me. Hell even if it was 10 I'd be fine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quality =============================== Quantity.

It's not the final tier either, and I seriously find it hard to believe that most people bitching about number of bosses will actually get them down @ Mythic difficulty before the next tier comes out either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    OHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO

Let's complain about something.

If it's not the quality, it's the quantity!
    It's almost like both are important. Just because I want decent tires on my car doesn't mean I don't also want 4 of the bloody things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    though I do miss the 1-2 boss Ruby Sanctum/Gruuls lair style...
    i had always wished they would do something with the remaining two portals below Wyrmrest Temple - I still hold out hope, but serioulsy, the raiding has been great so far this expansion, i dont see how 'only' a 9-boss raid is a bad thing considering how Blizz seems dedicated to releasing more content with each patch.
    My guess is that it will not only NOT be the last raid of the xpac, but will probably be a bridge to the whole Argus story (and most likely another raid), much like the way we followed Gul'dan at the end of HFC into Legion, only this time its just another content patch, not an xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Quality =============================== Quantity.

It's not the final tier either, and I seriously find it hard to believe that most people bitching about number of bosses will actually get them down @ Mythic difficulty before the next tier comes out either way.
    Well, we know nothing about quality yet, but we do know the quantity, so that's what we are discussing.

Sure, if they end up with 1 entry boss, 3 mildly interesting retard-dps-hps checks and 5 super awesome bosses, I may not care about it being 9 bosses only. Though if it ends up being 8 mediocre bosses and 1 interesting final boss, as is more likely, then it may have as well been 12 mediocre bosses and 1 interesting.

Deleted
    Firelands is my favorite tier up to now(daily quests excluded), so I'm all up for another one.

I don't understand what people are complaining about? First tier in Legion has 20 bosses. Second tier is going to have 9, and Patch 7.3 is having the Argus raid which who knows how many bosses that'll have.

Legion is turning out to be the biggest raid tier yet, i don't see how its the smallest? Unless OP thinks 7.2 is the last patch and forgot about Argus?

many tiers could have been equally good if you removed some of the bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Cata Tier 1 - 13 bosses
    Cata Tier 2 - 7 bosses
    Cata Tier 3 - 8 bosses

MoP Tier 1 - 16 bosses
    MoP Tier 2 - 13 bosses
    MoP Tier 3 - 14 bosses

WoD Tier 1 - 17 bosses
    WoD Tier 2 - 13 bosses

Legion Tier 1 - 20 bosses
    Legion Tier 2 - 9 bosses ?
    The numbers above are somewhat misleading because you are including raid instances that do not drop tier as 'tier bosses'. In particular this skews the boss count for the 'first tier' of each expansion because you are including the non-tier filler raids that Blizzard added starting in Cataclysm.

Cata Tier 1 - 11 bosses (6 BWD, 4 BoT, 1 optional Mythic boss)
    Cata Tier 2 - 7 bosses (7 FL)
    Cata Tier 3 - 8 bosses (8 DS)

MoP Tier 1 - 10 bosses (6 HoF, 4 ToES)
    MoP Tier 2 - 13 bosses (12 ToT, 1 optional Mythic boss)
    MoP Tier 3 - 14 bosses (14 SoO)

WoD Tier 1 - 10 bosses (10 BRF)
    WoD Tier 2 - 13 bosses (13 HFC)

Legion Tier 1 - 9 bosses (9 NH)
    Legion Tier 2 - 9 bosses (9 ToS)

So min 7, max 14 and median 10. At 9 bosses each the tier raid instances of Legion are just below the median.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    So min 7, max 14 and median 10. At 9 bosses each the tier raid instances of Legion are just below the median.
    Ok, then you may do the same analysis using only 2nd tier of every expansion and you will see what I mean. I agree that 1st tier boss count can be missleading in some expansions, but the point remains the same.

Ok, then you may do the same analysis using only 2nd tier of every expansion and you will see what I mean. I agree that 1st tier boss count can be missleading in some expansions, but the point remains the same.
    It is hard to compare a second tier that was the last tier of the expansion with a second tier that was the middle tier of an expansion. You are left comparing middle tiers and this makes the sample size too small to draw any sort of meaningful conclusion in my opinion. You have three data points; Cata 7, MoP 12+1, Legion 9.

More meaningful would be to look at the rate of raid content released as measured by raid bosses over time (irrespective of whether they drop tier sets). This would more closely tell you whether we are getting more or less raid content now than in the past few expansions.

9 bosses is perfectly fine imo. Especially for a second tier.

Don't you think quantity also has merit? For me it certainly does.
    Explain how you know tier 2 won't have another small raid attached like the first tier this expansion did? Unless you work for Blizzard assuming that TOS will be the only raid in 7.2 is flat out dumb.

Hell, you could've said the same thing about tier one a few months ago before we knew about ToV. They could easily make 1 or 2 smaller raids before or after ToS. The only info we have is that ToS will be the raid team hat drops the tier gear.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-12-10 at 02:01 AM.

Deleted
    Ill happily take 9 boss raid with very hard bosses over a 14 boss raid where 10 bosses are faceroll and the last 4 bosses are hard

Don't care as long as they're good

So far raiding in legion is... far from good

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Explain how you know tier 2 won't have another small raid attached like the first tier this expansion did? Unless you work for Blizzard assuming that TOS will be the only raid in 7.2 is flat out dumb.

Hell, you could've said the same thing about tier one a few months ago before we knew about ToV.
    Read the OP, I even said that it's possible we will get a smaller raid. What you are saying is somewhat stupid, then.

Read the OP, I even said that it's possible we will get a smaller raid. What you are saying is somewhat stupid, then.
    So what's the point of the thread then? Baseless assumptions based on nothing and complaining for the sake of it? Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Don't care as long as they're good

So far raiding in legion is... far from good
    Oh? ToV isn't good? Probably haven't even downed it on heroic yet (can link your armory and prove me wrong if that's the case) so clearly it's not far from good. EN was bad but they've already stated they dropped the ball on tuning that raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    I thought we were going to argus after that? I Didnt think TOS was going to be the last raid this expansion? :S
    We are going to Argus this expansion in patch 7.3. Before the Tomb of Sargeras we are raiding Nighthold in early 2017.

Yeah, and? 9 bosses is more than enough to keep us busy for a few months, until we get to Argus.

I do hope the Argus raid is bigger, since (no matter what Blizzard says) there is going to be a content drought at the end of Legion. But a 9 boss mid-xpack raid is good, plus I'd rather have 9 good bosses than a 14 boss raid where I detest half the fights (SoO hello).