Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Launch - Emerald Dream
    7.1 - Valor
    7.2 - Nighthold
    7.2.5 -- you know it will happen.
    7.3 - Argus.

That is *Really* 5 tiers. They have consolidated to make sure ilvls dont go insane (they already have) per patch, but that is reality.
    That's assuming they don't do more "mini-tiers" a-la ToV between now and Argus. This thread is completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    A couple months? If NH is releasing in Jan/Feb it isn't coming out till fucking June/July. We have literally 0 proof, afaik, that 7.2 is ToS either, hell it would make more sense for Argus and ToS to be the same raid.

Alright, my position still holds value, this kind of thing is especially important after WoD because of the shit Blizzard pulled.

Tinfoil Time: They do it on purpose so when we don't get a 3rd raid tier they can say EN and NH were separate tiers and the average consumer will think it was always meant to be that way.
    7.2 isn't gauranteed to be the Tomb. It will probably be something more like how like 7.1 worked, but a large scale patch and maybe a filler raid. The thought process is something like this currently. 7.1.5 Class change patch, early Jan. Nighthold mid to late Jan if not early Feb. 7.2 sometime in march or April. Tomb raid sometime in May/June/July. Probably 7.2.5.

That is the current theory, hype, theme, that looks to be occurring. From what I've seen form speculators, hints etc.

A lot of you are confusing patch numbers with raid tiers. The term tier as used by the Devs means Raid Tier, the patch number is exactly that the current patch point number. The two do not have to coincide. I even thought Ion said this somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I've got no idea why "major content patch" is even a thing. They can preload an entire game worth of data in comparison to original WoW at this point. Really each patch up to this point is a tier in comparison to effort and time on their part.

Of course, I understand that the people complaining are likely under the age of ... 25? And thus have no really reasonable ability to complain outside of the social injustice the internet has graced them with.

Launch - Emerald Dream
    7.1 - Valor
    7.2 - Nighthold
    7.2.5 -- you know it will happen.
    7.3 - Argus.

That is *Really* 5 tiers. They have consolidated to make sure ilvls dont go insane (they already have) per patch, but that is reality.
    But you're still wrong.

7.0 EN/NH
    7.1 Valor
    7.2 Tomb
    7.3 Argus

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Well, that's my daily dose of pure stupid. Thanks OP.
    . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zic View Post
    But you're still wrong.

7.0 EN/NH
    7.1 Valor
    7.2 Tomb
    7.3 Argus
    This. NH was put in with 7.0. It just doesn't open till 7.1.5. Just like how BRF opened with 6.1 but was already in the game. Doors were just closed.

It'll come. I've got a feeling this time. Their plans seem structured for once.

Deleted
    The patch numbers have no importance anyway. And whether or not EN should be regarded as a separate tier from NH is not essential either.

At the end of an expansion, the only thing that matters is the number of bosses. That's where the actual content lies. Everything else is just naming conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    The expansion has been out for 3 months, I'm starting to get scared we'll never have the final patch since it isn't out yet.
    Based on what? They said they wanted to space it out.

Instead of 12 months of content and 12 months of tears. It will be 24 months of spaced out content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Based on what? They said they wanted to space it out.

Instead of 12 months of content and 12 months of tears. It will be 24 months of spaced out content.
    Pretty sure that was a satire.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a pessimist but I am starting to get really scared. Are we even going to get the *promised* 3rd raid tier? I am starting to really think 7.2 is going to be Nighthold and 7.3 is going to be Argus and that is that. Thoughts? Opinions.

Just to cover my tracks because I know the HURR THEY DIDN'T PROMISE SHIT HURR crowd loves these kinds of threads,

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

Direct Quote from MMOC itself "There are three raid tiers coming in Legion! Two raids are are coming with release, another raid in Patch 7.2 and one more raid in a later patch."
    Have you even watched Blizzcon?

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    7.2 isn't gauranteed to be the Tomb.
    7.2 will definitely contain the Tomb of Sargeras, it's what they said at Blizzcon, it just won't be open as soon as 7.2 launches.
    The patch 7.2 will launch while people are still doing Nighthold, and will go on the PTR shortly after 7.1.5 is live. The raid Tomb of Sargeras will be a component of that patch, but similarly to how Nighthold has been in the game since launch but still is not open, the new raid will not open until people have had a similar amount of time in Nighthold as they had in the Emerald Nightmare.

If there's to be a patch 7.2.5, I wouldn't be surprised if it launched in close vicinity to Tomb of Sargeras opening, but Tomb of Sargeras will be in patch 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I'm betting that they try to continue doing the 7.x.5 patches. So we'll ee 7.1,5, Nighthold (which wraps the 7.1 series), 7.2, 7.2.5, etc.

that makes sense as the .x.5 patches allow them to make changes that can't be done in hot fixes and that they'd like out before the next major patch.
    They will. In the dev Q&A Ion mentioned that other class changes will be looked at in 7.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You can still swim between the two like a cuban refugee did. You can't swim to Argus.
    That refugee must have gotten way off course to end up in Orgrimmar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    7.2 isn't gauranteed to be the Tomb.
    The patch is literally named "Tomb of Sargeras".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    This. NH was put in with 7.0. It just doesn't open till 7.1.5. Just like how BRF opened with 6.1 but was already in the game. Doors were just closed.
    just to clarify:
    brf did NOT open with 6.1.
    its a common misconception.

brf released on the 03.02.2015 whilest 6.1 released on 24.02.2015

Nighthold could have opened with 7.0, no patch required.

they will open it as they have said "early 2017" (i think they might have said feburary too somewhere).

i also think 7.2 will come sooner then most people think, but the Tomb of Sargeras wont be open for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The patch is literally named "Tomb of Sargeras".
    They've even finished the damn logo for the thing:

Can't get more official than that!

10+ Year Old Account
    they're dragging this expansion out a lot better than they did with WoD. It's called Proper pacing.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    I also think 7.2 will come sooner then most people think, but the Tomb of Sargeras wont be open for a long time.
    This, they have said they hope to release 7.2 while Nighthold is still relatively new content for most people. The release just won't coincide with Tome of Sargeras which will come at a later date.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    7.2 is called Tomb of Sargeras, itt: "I don't think tomb will be in 7.2" .....

Huh? The third tier comes after the second. I wouldn't worry about it buddy. The expansions been out for less than 4 months.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I wouldnt even look for 7.2 until at least late April/early May and even then they already said the raid wont release with the patch.