Thread: Where is 7.2?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do so many people thing NH is 7.2 content?

7.2 - ToS
    7.3 - Argus
    7.4 - ???
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Why do so many people thing NH is 7.2 content?
    cause they're not educated on the patch scheme & content distribution for Legion. it is a fault with the developers, not the community for ensuring their player base knows whats coming and when.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    A couple months? If NH is releasing in Jan/Feb it isn't coming out till fucking June/July. We have literally 0 proof, afaik, that 7.2 is ToS either, hell it would make more sense for Argus and ToS to be the same raid.

Alright, my position still holds value, this kind of thing is especially important after WoD because of the shit Blizzard pulled.

Tinfoil Time: They do it on purpose so when we don't get a 3rd raid tier they can say EN and NH were separate tiers and the average consumer will think it was always meant to be that way.
    First of they already confirmed and laied out the entire plan for the raids on this xpac. Nighthold (wich si already in the game, just locked, it is 7.0 content) > Tomb of Sargeras (wich will be released as part of 7.2 but much like Nighthold will stay locked for awhile, while we quest and do lore related stuff and clear Nighthold properly) > Argus and the raid that will be there (they didn't confirm this was gona be 7.3, there could be another patch before Argus, we could even get another ToV like raid).

You know that thing where Blizz rushed raids early on the expansion giving ppl 4 months to clear a 13 boss raid like Thronoe of Thunder then runed out of content on the later life of said expansion and leaved us for over 1 year with Siege of Orgrimar ? Ye they aren't doing that anymore, every raid this expansion will be properly spaced from each other, this way we get enought time to clear the tier and we never end up with tiers that last a year and a half before the next xpac comes out. Using my Pandaria example, imagine if Terrace of Endless Spring/Heart of Fear/Mogushan Vaults had lasted 7 months instead of 4 and Throne of Thunder also had lasted 7 months that would leave us with a 8 or so months long Siege of Orgrimmar. Everyone woudlve had enought time to enjoy tiers 1 and 2 and no one would have goten dead sick from tier 3, the way they actualy did it, ppl felt the need to rush tiers 1 and 2 and died of boredom on 3. So don't worry the raids will come, in due time. Nighthold is likely to open late January early February and then we can probably expect Tomb somewhere by the end of July or begining of August.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-12-10 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    cause they're not educated on the patch scheme & content distribution for Legion. it is a fault with the developers, not the community for ensuring their player base knows whats coming and when.
    Except they did communicate it quite clearly. It's not their fault when the community refuses to listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I got a feeling Argus isn't just a raid but a whole new zone to explore/quest in + raid
    Wow it's almost as if they said we'd be visiting Argus and then a raid would open there in a later patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    7.2 will definitely contain the Tomb of Sargeras, it's what they said at Blizzcon, it just won't be open as soon as 7.2 launches.
    The patch 7.2 will launch while people are still doing Nighthold, and will go on the PTR shortly after 7.1.5 is live. The raid Tomb of Sargeras will be a component of that patch, but similarly to how Nighthold has been in the game since launch but still is not open, the new raid will not open until people have had a similar amount of time in Nighthold as they had in the Emerald Nightmare.

If there's to be a patch 7.2.5, I wouldn't be surprised if it launched in close vicinity to Tomb of Sargeras opening, but Tomb of Sargeras will be in patch 7.2.
    Yeah, I'm meaning the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
    7.2 is called Tomb of Sargeras, itt: "I don't think tomb will be in 7.2" .....
    It will definetly be in 7.2, it just won't open as soon as 7.2 releases, the raid will be there with its gates shut tight and you seing every boss and theire lot on the Advennture Journal. We are going to do a lot of Suramarlike quests, grind rep, do a lote of lore related stuff, have a long and confortable time to clear Nighthold, then Tomb will open. Id wager theire gona let Nighthold run as the main raid for at least 6 months, it is a big raid with 10 bosses and when 7.2 comes out theyll readjust Mythic+ making them more rewarding and more chalenging wich will keep even those who clear Nighthold fast engaged. They are taking every possible step to prevent another 1 year+ last tier of the xpac situation.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That refugee must have gotten way off course to end up in Orgrimmar.

- - - Updated - - -

The patch is literally named "Tomb of Sargeras".
    I'm meaning the raid, sorry I didn't clarify this. I think it will be like 7.0 and 7.1 with Nighthold. I think the raid will be delayed. So in essences the tier is delayed and not open with 7.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Yeah, I'm meaning the raid.
    The raid will come out in 7.2 and won't be unlocked until a later patch, albeit one that probably won't be as big of a time distance as 7.0 to 7.1.5.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nighthold will open in January around the same time Patch 7.1.5 comes out.

Tomb of Sargeras is 7.2.0 and will add a new dungeon, the Broken Shore zone, and flying, with new flying mounts for each class.

Patch 7.2.5 comes after that.

7.3 is Argus.

They outlined all of this at Blizzcon, with gameplay footage and artwork and models and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You can still swim between the two like a cuban refugee did. You can't swim to Argus.
    that's what the exodar is for :P if you stayed long enough when doing the light's heart quest, you would have heard velen say something along the lines of 'tell ramuul to fix the ship, we're going home'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I wouldnt even look for 7.2 until at least late April/early May and even then they already said the raid wont release with the patch.
    Is it that hard?

EN + ToV = 10 Bosses -> roughly 4 months until next raid opens
    NH = 10 Bosses -> roughly 4 months until next raid opens (which will be May/June 2017)
    ToS = 10 Bosses(?) -> roughly 4 months until next raid opens (which will be Oct/Nov 2017)

So we are going to argus by the end of 2017. That tier will probably last a bit longer than the others, but not over 1 year. I still doubt that there won't be a content drought. I predict at least 8 months until the 8.0 pre-patch releases from when we go to argus. 12 months is more likely, but not longer.

8.0 release will be around Q3/Q4 2018
    Last edited by mmoc5b249aa738; 2016-12-10 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gurl paula, calm down.

It's like you haven't been paying any attention at all, Nighthold will come out in Jan around 7.1.5 release, 7.2 will hit ptr probably a month after, 3 months after that 7.2, 2 months after tomb will prob release (maybe 2 1/2), at that point 7.2.5 might be making its way onto live, or close, then 7.3 will hit ptr.

Nighthold the raid itself will prob last 6 months. Which will put it almost at 1 year of legion on one tier, sure 7.2 will be out, but the raid wont release right when 7.2 does.

They're doing things right, for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    just to clarify:
    brf did NOT open with 6.1.
    its a common misconception.

brf released on the 03.02.2015 whilest 6.1 released on 24.02.2015

Nighthold could have opened with 7.0, no patch required.

they will open it as they have said "early 2017" (i think they might have said feburary too somewhere).

i also think 7.2 will come sooner then most people think, but the Tomb of Sargeras wont be open for a long time.
    I can't tell if you're trying to correct me or elaborate on what I said, but what I said wasn't wrong..."open" meaning "to be able to enter".

But yeah, I agree. The patch could land anytime after 7.1.5 is done. I think they even said 7.2 was going up on the PTR after 7.1.5 is done. There is no reason for them to not be able to just throw patches at us. The raids can open up independently of everything else happening (most likely tied to a multi-week questline, similar to this pre-Nighthold questline).

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a pessimist but I am starting to get really scared. Are we even going to get the *promised* 3rd raid tier? I am starting to really think 7.2 is going to be Nighthold and 7.3 is going to be Argus and that is that. Thoughts? Opinions.

Just to cover my tracks because I know the HURR THEY DIDN'T PROMISE SHIT HURR crowd loves these kinds of threads,

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

Direct Quote from MMOC itself "There are three raid tiers coming in Legion! Two raids are are coming with release, another raid in Patch 7.2 and one more raid in a later patch."
    Well they said that Tomb of Sargeras will come with 7.2 but the instance will not be open for a few month after the release of the Patch, so people can fully progress through Nighthold before they open the new raid.

Take BRF for exemple, it's exactly the same as Nighthold, it was in the game at launch but didn't open after quite awhile (it opened early in 6.1). Then they released HFC in 6.2 , they opened the raid the exact same date as the patch. What would have happened if they opened HFC like 2-3 months into 6.2 instead ? Well this is what they want to find out with Nighthold and ToS in 7.2.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2016-12-10 at 03:56 AM.

From what I understand they've finally accepted the fact that they aren't able to pump out expansions yearly like they've been saying for years. So hopefully they can keep content coming every few months instead of bombarding us with the excuse, "Hey guys, we're working on the new expansion so no new content for a year!" Or at least we can hope.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Is it that hard?

EN + ToV = 10 Bosses -> roughly 4 months until next raid opens
    NH = 10 Bosses -> roughly 4 months until next raid opens (which will be May/June 2017)
    ToS = 10 Bosses(?) -> roughly 4 months until next raid opens (which will be Oct/Nov 2017)

So we are going to argus by the end of 2017. That tier will probably last a bit longer than the others, but not over 1 year. I still doubt that there won't be a content drought. I predict at least 8 months until the 8.0 pre-patch releases from when we go to argus. 12 months is more likely, but not longer.

8.0 release will be around Q3/Q4 2018
    Your math is wrong, ToV is technically part of Nighthold as the Cutting Edge (in the PTR theres no Cutting edge for ToV on live) lasts until Tomb of Sargeras opens, being completly fair, ToV is just wierd and they made it to throw a bone for the world first raiders. Also having large raids last 4 months is what makes us end up with a 1 year+ raid in the end of the xpac. EN is a 7 boss raid and will stay around for 4 months more or less, Nighthold is likely staying for around 6 months. This xpac is suposed to last about 2 years, Nighthold, Tomb and Argus raid have to cover 1 year and a half more or less, if they are serious about avoiding a super long tier on the end of the expac they better let Nighthold run for 6 or so months.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-12-10 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude we're not gonna see 7.2 until late Spring at the earliest.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    So how do you define a tier?

Isn't the general idea of a raid "tier" progressively harder, different raids? IE you progress through and farm one until the new one comes out and starts a new "tier" of gear and challenge?

Am I missing something? Why are they being called the same tier again?
    A Tier has always meant Tier set gear drops. The first raid that drops Tier gear will be considered the first tier, along with any raids before that.

Then whenever another raid is released that drops a new Tier set, that will be the second Tier, along with any raids before that but after the 1st tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard is pretty dumb to try and change the way tiers have always been. Nighthold is T19 and I would go as far as to say that EN is part of T19 as well, despite its difficulty and lack of tier sets. They might be listed as different tiers (as in, not just one listing of 20/20M on the rankings) but in the end they certainly do belong to the same tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Your math is wrong, ToV is technically part of Nighthold as the Cutting Edge (in the PTR theres no Cutting edge for ToV on live) lasts until Tomb of Sargeras opens
    Except the EN achievement isn't very specific and could very well last until Tomb of Sargeras as well.

This xpac is suposed to last about 2 years, Nighthold, Tomb and Argus raid have to cover 1 year and a half more or less, if they are serious about avoiding a super long tie ron the end of the expac they better let Nighthold run for 6 or so months.
    I'm not sure why you're talking about somebody's math when we have absolutely no idea just how long this expansion is supposed to last. We were given the minimum number of content that will be released, Legion could go past Argus for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Dude we're not gonna see 7.2 until late Spring at the earliest.
    Going by Blizzard's patch schedule so far, I'd say 7.2 by April/May and the raid by early-mid Summer would be an ideal time frame.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-12-10 at 07:28 AM.