Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this what it's come to?

Game is fucking horrible now. Every game is either against some brainless rush deck or a Jade Druid deck that's unbeatable unless you play a brainless rush deck. No fun to be had.

Thats more or less what was to expect when you saw the cards from the expansion:

1. Cheap cards that buff for face decks
    2. Cards that do something when you have no duplicates, so they boost reno

So its reno or face

I've had the most fun with this expansion. I've never had so many decks to play. Rogue alone I have 3 and none of my decks are aggro.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must be new here.jpg

The game has been this way since beta. Instead of Jade Druid we had Miracle Rogue/Secret Paladin/Patron Warrior/Freeze Mage/Combo Druid etc.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    You must be new here.jpg

The game has been this way since beta. Instead of Jade Druid we had Miracle Rogue/Secret Paladin/Patron Warrior/Freeze Mage/Combo Druid etc.

And that's why this game is really a lot of unrealized potential. No, not the RNG that everyone seems to hate. It's because the only viable strategies are early aggro face or OTKs. And for some reason, Blizzard keeps developing more cards that support these strategies and few cards that can stop them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Game is fucking horrible now. Every game is either against some brainless rush deck or a Jade Druid deck that's unbeatable unless you play a brainless rush deck. No fun to be had.
    Reno lock, Reno priest, and dragon priest all work fairly well against aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    And that's why this game is really a lot of unrealized potential. No, not the RNG that everyone seems to hate. It's because the only viable strategies are early aggro face or OTKs. And for some reason, Blizzard keeps developing more cards that support these strategies and few cards that can stop them.
    It it is because people spend more time whining about those decks and no time actually countering them.
    A deck works so well only when players aren't doing anything to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

To be honest I think a lot of this boils down to most players not taking the time to tinker with their own ideas in the game, mostly leaving it up to fansites and streamers telling them what to do, try, what will work, what won't work.

For example, many streamers will say that Jade Druids will almost always beat rogues, yet if you ignore the discouragement that 'Druid is flat out better than rogue' you can actually find that they can beat druids as Jade Rogues if you battle for early pressure then start beating them down before the spam of massive golems.

It's really just about finding your own personal niche, regardless of the arbitrary socially constructed tier system. TONS of decent non-tier 1 decks can and will make it to legend so long as you are patient and stick out the expected drawn out legend grind, it will just be at a slightly lower win rate for some of the ranks between 20 & legend.

Check out Reynad's video he posted about the meta. I don't usually like him all that much but he gave me some hope. He claims the best two decks are Reno Lock and Reno priest. Reno lock being the best deck as he claims it beats Reno priest which beats everything except Reno Lock.

I haven't queued for ranked so I don't really know. I've just been playing my old decks. I don't have that great Mean Streets cards to integrate into them, even.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still grinding arena for packs with saved up gold, haven't bought a single MSG pack yet.

Pretty much every deck type is good-ish this meta except for traditional control decks. Don't really see a problem here unless you think the stock Control Warrior build with 10 legendaries is the epitome of Hearthstone.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Pirate Warriors are so OP!" yell people without so much as a single Ooze teched into their decks

Seriously

Work out what your most common hassle is for your ranking bracket, and build/tech for it

Ooooooor you could just keep your net-decked favourite as it is 100% without making any alterations of your own, and complain. That seems a lot easier.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Pirate Warrior *is* format-warping. The fact that you can play answers does not change that.

Dragon priest win most games vs rush decks ... and have a ok chance vs the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    "Pirate Warriors are so OP!" yell people without so much as a single Ooze teched into their decks

Seriously

Work out what your most common hassle is for your ranking bracket, and build/tech for it

Ooooooor you could just keep your net-decked favourite as it is 100% without making any alterations of your own, and complain. That seems a lot easier.
    Ah but then you face the catch 22 of adjusting your deck to face what you've seen for 80% of your last games then see 0 for the next 20 games!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ah but then you face the catch 22 of adjusting your deck to face what you've seen for 80% of your last games then see 0 for the next 20 games!
    That just means the next 80 games should all be pirate warriors though, right?

The current decks of the moment.

Renolock - Widely considered the strongest deck in the meta right now, main snag is you need to "git gud" with it to win when you don't get the right cards in the mulligan.

Dragon Priest/Dragon Reno Priest - Normal Dragon Priest is basically Curvestone and it shits on aggro and has a decent shot against the current control crop providing you build a good enough board in the mid game to pressure out the Control player before they hit their endgame. Dragon Reno is a little better against Control but more inconsistent against aggro.

Jade Druid - Theoretically the strongest Control deck ever, just tends to get run over against aggro until someone works out a less greedy list.
    K'thun Druid - Build the old C'thun list but place in Aviana and Kun. Probably better against aggro and turn 10 Aviana into Kun into Brann C'thun should kill any control decks. Think this is actually going to be stronger of the two archetypes when more people pick it up.

Jade Rogue - Curves out well, very aggressive and gets surprisingly large Golems in the late game alongside a N'zoth which ends up spawning 10/10's+ if they can deal with that.
    Pirate Rogue - More aggro but you can tech in Beneath the Grounds to neuter Renolock come backs.

Jade Shaman - SMOrc. Shaman got faster basically.

Pirate, Pirate Dragon Warrior - More SMOrc. Straight Pirate is faster, Dragon Pirate is better in mid game.

Hunter/Paladin - Goons suck, don't expect to see much atm but someone will eventually come up with a good Hunter list that will make you rage like it always has. Pally looks fucked though but who knows.

Mage - Ink Master is bad so it's Reno deck is unchanged and it didn't get anything for Tempo Mage either. RIP Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Seriously

Its not like rank 20-10 only have Jade Druids, 10-5 only have Pirate Warriors and 5-1 only have Reno decks.

The average match against a Pirate Warrior lasts until turn 7. There are far more chances that you will NOT draw your Ooze than that you will. Its actually more likely for the pirate warrior to get an unlucky opening than for you to draw the ooze in a useful setting. However, that ooze will lower your winrate(unless you're playing warlock) in other matchups because its just a 3/2 for 2.

I don't think Pirate Warrior is even OP(but I think its far too easy to play), in fact I could make an anti-deck that wins against it 90%+ of the time. The reason you don't see such anti-decks on the ladder(and instead see netdecks) is because I can accept a normal 50/50 chance against a Pirate Warrior much easier(even if the guy topdecks and wins) than I can accept a 10/90 chance against every other deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That just means the next 80 games should all be pirate warriors though, right?
    Only once you've adjusted your tech to deal with the new issue and take out the pirate tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."