Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Not sure what assets were added into the deal, but it's sort of funny. Ollie lost Queen Consolidated through TV-logic ("we vote against you, so you lose all your stocks" or whatever), while Barry got a defunct closed down dark matter reactor and somehow isn't bankrupt via inheritance/ property taxes.
    Wells was LOADED and left it all to Barry. Wonder if they will go along with HR's plan of reopening STAR labs.

I like to imagine that the Reverse Flash we're seeing this season in Legends of Tomorrow is from a time right after Nora Allen was murdered. He returns Barry to the present, having undone Flashpoint, and runs off to go play with Damien Darhk and the Legion of Doom. The Legends of Tomorrow season finale comes around next year, and Eobard gets onboard the Waverider again after the Legends thwart their plans once and for all. He steals Gideon, and plans to use her knowledge to make another attempt on Barry's life in the past. As he jumps into the Speed Force, Amaya blasts him with a powered-up version of the anti-speedster gun seen in the LoT midseason finale. He reappears on the street outside of Barry's house, and stumbles.

Eobard: Gideon, what's happening to me?
    Gideon: Your latest time jump against The Flash caused a massive drain on your powers. Your cells contain no trace of The Speed Force.
    Eobard: That's impossible!

End Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow, and begin Season 1 of the Flash.

I know this won't happen, but it's nice to dream.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-12-09 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I like to imagine that the Reverse Flash we're seeing this season in Legends of Tomorrow is from a time right after Nora Allen was murdered. He returns Barry to the present, having undone Flashpoint, and runs off to go play with Damien Darhk and the Legion of Doom. The Legends of Tomorrow season finale comes around next year, and Eobard gets onboard the Waverider again after the Legends thwart their plans once and for all. He steals Gideon, and plans to use her knowledge to make another attempt on Barry's life in the past. As he jumps into the Speed Force, Amaya blasts him with a powered-up version of the anti-speedster gun seen in the LoT midseason finale. He reappears on the street outside of Barry's house, and stumbles.

Eobard: Gideon, what's happening to me?
    Gideon: Your latest time jump against The Flash caused a massive drain on your powers. Your cells contain no trace of The Speed Force.
    Eobard: That's impossible!

End Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow, and begin Season 1 of the Flash.

I know this won't happen, but it's nice to dream.
    that would mean he lost his powers not due to flash never being created but because of being shot. in which case, how come he started getting his powers back after barry got his? unless you just explain that away via flashpoint
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that would mean he lost his powers not due to flash never being created but because of being shot. in which case, how come he started getting his powers back after barry got his? unless you just explain that away via flashpoint
    Remember, "Wells" was spending all his time sitting in a wheelchair with a speed battery under the seat charging him up (which for all we know might've been powered by proximity to Barry). It was never fully explained why Reverse Flash lost his powers except an absence of Speed Force in his cells "caused by his latest time jump", but we do know he assumed Wells identity in order to make Barry become the Flash faster so he could use Barry's speed to get home sooner.

Or it could just be that Eobard did lose his speed because he killed Barry's mom and changed his own past/future, but post-Flashpoint it happened differently. Either one works for me.

I like to imagine that the Reverse Flash we're seeing this season in Legends of Tomorrow is from a time right after Nora Allen was murdered.
    I think it's the party line of this being the RF that has tangled with Future Barry for a long time before heading back to kill Nora Allen. It would be neat if he grabs a copy of Gideon, if not the original, but hard to say. It'd also be neat if they acquire the Spear of Destiny, the one artifact that will empower the Reverse Flash to travel through time and kill Nora Allen or something, but eh.

It is a little tedious with Savitar and RF though, that we have these super villains that have been so soundly defeated by the great Flash that they travel back in time to screw him over...

At some point I think I'd rather see these epic battles that drove them to time travel, rather than year 3 of "Flash is just learning".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Remember, "Wells" was spending all his time sitting in a wheelchair with a speed battery under the seat charging him up (which for all we know might've been powered by proximity to Barry). It was never fully explained why Reverse Flash lost his powers except an absence of Speed Force in his cells "caused by his latest time jump", but we do know he assumed Wells identity in order to make Barry become the Flash faster so he could use Barry's speed to get home sooner.

Or it could just be that Eobard did lose his speed because he killed Barry's mom and changed his own past/future, but post-Flashpoint it happened differently. Either one works for me.
    I actually realized shortly after i posted that, easy answer is he was simply siphoning speed force from barry like barry did with jay when he had to get faster to throw the box.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabola10 View Post
    Seems like the CW network doesn't know how to write past two seasons and suffers the same fate with every hero show where they shift focus from the actual hero and create an ensemble piece stuffed of characters full of cliches so all the story lines turn into teenage angst bullshit and the hero is a glorified ryan seacrest host
    There's hardly much Teenage angst, I think the phrase or trope isn't as overused as people in this whole thread like to believe.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So in the timeline change Iris wasnt talking to Joe because he didnt tell her about her mother?

Even writing that sounded like a line from days of our lives or vampire diaries
    Not really, Barry traveling through time creating Flash point created consequences. Yeah it caused drama between IRis and Joe West. That's not necessarily a bad thing, she never knew her mother and whatever and she was dying. I mean it's understandable she was upset.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

or vampire diaries
    you.. you do know that this is the cw right? just because its a comic book show doesnt mean their demographic has changed..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah teenage angst, my point. Where was gun wielding batman, or evil aquaman. Oh wait that would be cool. And even if you cant use those characters because of copy right issues with the films or something could have gone in a lot cooler directions than Iris is upset as one example.
    aliens tried to conquer earth because of flashpoint. not nearly as huge as in the comics but its not like nothing happened. not to mention they have said more and more changes from flashpoint will be shown.

like, did you even watch the show past the first episode this season? because i highly doubt future barry sent a message to rip hunter warning him about the timeline just because iris was upset with joe for like 2 episodes dude

I tried to watch a few more episodes it just felt bad and like arrow season 3 all over again. Also Draco Malfoy turning up as the new villian does. They didnt even try make it interesting, compared to the RF reveal or who is Jay Garrick
    did you watch the reveal because its nothing like either of those, julian isnt a bad guy, savitar just mind controlled him when he touched the stone

yet Earth-3 Jay Garrick has already heard of Savitar from way back.
    have to remember that has less to do with what earth/timeline hes from and more to do with the speed force itself that encompasses ALL of them . Its quite easy as he mentioned something about hearing about it in the speed force

In your honest unbiased opinion, do you think it gets better on? Caitlyn snow getting powers, wally getting powers/complaining about powers. I want the flash not these massive ensemble pieces the shows turn into. Ill give it another shot if you think its up with s1 and s2.
    the main problem with this season is everyone being emo at barry because of flashpoint. wally hasnt even suited up yet and outside of the one episode where caitlyn freaked out about turning evil she hasnt used her powers except to make it snow at christmas.

i would say skip everything until the killer frost episode and then watch the crossover and the mid season finale.

it looks like its going to be pretty good from here on out but so far this season id say arrow is the best show with legends having the most fun.

this season of arrow if it holds up in the next half will probably be the best of the series since its gone back to its season 1 roots

Yeah teenage angst, my point. Where was gun wielding batman, or evil aquaman. Oh wait that would be cool. And even if you cant use those characters because of copy right issues with the films or something could have gone in a lot cooler directions than Iris is upset as one example.
    You know, it would have been great if Arrow was a sniper for hire or something. At the least it's a shame we missed Citizen Cold. It also sucked that they already wasted the "electrocute Barry" power-back thing last season with Zoom. There was a lot they could have done, but just didn't.

Another odd thing is that they seem to refer to him returning the timeline as Flashpoint sometimes, vs the alternate "saved mother" timeline being Flashpoint, but that could just be my perception.

And lastly, the lack of big changes in the Flashpoint timeline really made his reversing it seem off. He saved his parents and Rival killed Wally, but otherwise... what was so bad? What was so wrong? Cisco being wealthy? Heck, for that matter, would Wally have died if Flash hadn't tried to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You know, it would have been great if Arrow was a sniper for hire or something. At the least it's a shame we missed Citizen Cold. It also sucked that they already wasted the "electrocute Barry" power-back thing last season with Zoom. There was a lot they could have done, but just didn't.

Another odd thing is that they seem to refer to him returning the timeline as Flashpoint sometimes, vs the alternate "saved mother" timeline being Flashpoint, but that could just be my perception.

And lastly, the lack of big changes in the Flashpoint timeline really made his reversing it seem off. He saved his parents and Rival killed Wally, but otherwise... what was so bad? What was so wrong? Cisco being wealthy? Heck, for that matter, would Wally have died if Flash hadn't tried to help?
    flashpoint is what all major changes that cause split timelines are called, atleast when speedsters do it. the side effects cause speedsters to lose their memories of the old timeline slowly, and since barry never was the flash in wallys timeline that would mean at some point barry wouldve lost all memory of his old life to the point he wouldnt even be able to access the speedforce anymore.

or atleast thats what reverse flash claimed.

Honestly......of all 4 shows, I've enjoyed Legends the most this year, followed by.......Supergirl. It's bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Honestly......of all 4 shows, I've enjoyed Legends the most this year, followed by.......Supergirl. It's bizarre.
    i like supergirl but it feels like the villain isnt really much of a presence on the show so far unlike the other shows. if she wasnt luthors mother and some random nobody it be a really awful villain

Supergirl and Arrow have been mostly good for me, Legends is just a bit too silly with their time traveling, and Flash just seems to be lacking something.

I think I really just like them playing dress up in different time periods while ignoring the fact that two of them are black and would be shunned in most time periods they visit........except for the one time being black in a racist place was the B storyline in, of all places, Nazi Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think I really just like them playing dress up in different time periods while ignoring the fact that two of them are black and would be shunned in most time periods they visit........except for the one time being black in a racist place was the B storyline in, of all places, Nazi Germany.
    Yeah, one of my complaints with Legends is that they ignore race/sex unless they want to hit you over the head with it. For folks that time travel to fix stuff, they break stuff too much. Most episodes are fun, last episode was bleh, but the team dynamic doesn't do a lot for me.

Flash has always had a good family vibe, but they rely too much on manufactured drama some times. It is the CW though, not sure if folks have seen the Riverdale teaser, but it is almost hilarious how dark it is with drama, looked like Vampire Diaries more than Archie & Jughead. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    flashpoint is what all major changes that cause split timelines are called, atleast when speedsters do it. the side effects cause speedsters to lose their memories of the old timeline slowly, and since barry never was the flash in wallys timeline that would mean at some point barry wouldve lost all memory of his old life to the point he wouldnt even be able to access the speedforce anymore.

or atleast thats what reverse flash claimed.
    Actually this is incorrect, Flashpoint is a specific event, not time changes caused by any or all speedsters.