Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glorf12 View Post
    Tested it out for myself today.
    On PTR we get all of our nighthold tier set and trinkets.

With 4 set, legendary shoulders and anger, plus the nighthold trinket (chance to reduce meta CD on hit) i was casting meta every 90-100 seconds.

On live i have 3 legendaries. Boots, Sephuz and Prydaz. Its extremely frustrating knowing I wont reach this point basically just due to the random legendary system
    at least you got the three worse legendaries and it can only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    not sure about that
    www . reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5hbb3e/duplicate_legendary_bug_is_still_not_fixed/

Unpopular opinion I'm sure but in Prydaz is absolutely monstrous in terms of added survivability now. Sure, it's we all want a dps increase but I'd prefer prydaz to the chest, sephuz, or the bracers (due to glaive build phasing out), in general and over the boots/helm in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Unpopular opinion I'm sure but in Prydaz is absolutely monstrous in terms of added survivability now. Sure, it's we all want a dps increase but I'd prefer prydaz to the chest, sephuz, or the bracers (due to glaive build phasing out), in general and over the boots/helm in raids.
    Indeed, I'm hoping for the neck as my next legendary, great for both specs.

Deleted
    Yes the new build is f*cking A IF (that's a really big if) you have certain items. Let's see what are those certain items :

1- Anger of the Half Giants : Why? It's still the BiS legendary and it's synergy with the new shoulder legendary is simply amazing. Generate more fury, spend more fury, get lower CD on Meta. Second reason, recent buffs to Chaos Strike and Chaos Cleave. As we all know you get to cast MANY more chaos strikes thanks to the amount of extra fury you generate with AotHG, which means it'll be even more important to have this, than now

2- New Shoulder Legendary : If it stays as it is, your meta will basically become a 2 min (mostly less) CD. This means every 2 minutes you will have meta + chaos blades + nemesis and do a crazy amount of damage. Especially considering the recent buffs to chaos strike, I see no reason why DH shouldn't be one of the best ST dps classes now.

3- The trinket from NH that has a chance to remove the cd of meta.

4- T19 4 set bonus.

Now the thing is, obtaining 3rd and 4th is not going to be hard, sooner or later, you will have them both. HOWEVER, good luck on obtaining the first 2 . It is completely possible that when the nighthold hits, you will have none. And you may not even get a single one of them for a very, very long time. It is possible. Soon we will have 10 possible legendaries in our loot table, and yep, if you are one of the unlucky players like me, you may get ALL OTHER 8 legendaries but just not those 2 for a veeeeeeeery long time. According to blizzard this system is supposed to be a fun and nice experience that we will SHARE with our friends. The only thing I will share is going to be my frustration when I get prydaz/sephuz instead of shoulders/AotGH, but who knows maybe that's the intention of blizzard.

So I wish all of you good luck on getting both of these legendaries because without them you will be so far behind on damage meters. Even more so than you are now without the bis legendaries. I like how they wanted to "nerf" the OP legendaries so that your class wont feel boring and useless without them, but just made them even more important now . Seriously, especially after they reverted the nerf on the ring and buffed Chaos Strike / Chaos Cleave, the gap between players who have the ring and who don't will be wider than now. Add the new shoulders on top of that and there you have a GIANT gap between the player who has Shoulders + AotHG and the player who has Sephuz/Prydaz/Any other legendary.

Incoming answers to this post :

"Dude, RNG is RNG, stop complaining!1!!1" - Casual who got 2 bis legendaries from emissary/LFR

"Stop comparing yourself to other players and stop caring about what others have!1!1" - Typical heroic raider that stomps everybody in his world rank 2000 guild with his bis legendaries.

"You will outdps everyone if you are the better player, just improve yourself!11". - Genius who thinks that a 60k dps difference can be closed with skill. (if the player with the bis legendaries is an absolute derp then yes)

Just got my 3rd legendary yesterday and it's not the ring again. See the problem in this approach? "Not the ring again". The legendary system is not supposed to be like this. I am supposed to be happy when I get a "legendary", but I am, and many other players, are not happy if the legendary they received is not the BiS one. When I saw that it was Raddon's, I was like "meh, god knows when im getting the ring." This is stupid, I dont care how good it is from a corporate point of view or how much more profit you will make because of this "carrot on a stick" system blizzard, but the only thing I know is soon enough people are going to stop playing this slot machine game unless you introduce a token/targeting system for legendaries.
    Last edited by mmoc8fa71e8d95; 2016-12-10 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Yes the new build is f*cking A IF (that's a really big if) you have certain items. Let's see what are those certain items :

1- Anger of the Half Giants : Why? It's still the BiS legendary and it's synergy with the new shoulder legendary is simply amazing. Generate more fury, spend more fury, get lower CD on Meta. Second reason, recent buffs to Chaos Strike and Chaos Cleave. As we all know you get to cast MANY more chaos strikes thanks to the amount of extra fury you generate with AotHG, which means it'll be even more important to have this, than now

2- New Shoulder Legendary : If it stays as it is, your meta will basically become a 2 min (mostly less) CD. This means every 2 minutes you will have meta + chaos blades + nemesis and do a crazy amount of damage. Especially considering the recent buffs to chaos strike, I see no reason why DH shouldn't be one of the best ST dps classes now.

3- The trinket from NH that has a chance to remove the cd of meta.

4- T19 4 set bonus.

Now the thing is, obtaining 3rd and 4th is not going to be hard, sooner or later, you will have them both. HOWEVER, good luck on obtaining the first 2 . It is completely possible that when the nighthold hits, you will have none. And you may not even get a single one of them for a very, very long time. It is possible. Soon we will have 10 possible legendaries in our loot table, and yep, if you are one of the unlucky players like me, you may get ALL OTHER 8 legendaries but just not those 2 for a veeeeeeeery long time. According to blizzard this system is supposed to be a fun and nice experience that we will SHARE with our friends. The only thing I will share is going to be my frustration when I get prydaz/sephuz instead of shoulders/AotGH, but who knows maybe that's the intention of blizzard.

So I wish all of you good luck on getting both of these legendaries because without them you will be so far behind on damage meters. Even more so than you are now without the bis legendaries. I like how they wanted to "nerf" the OP legendaries so that your class wont feel boring and useless without them, but just made them even more important now . Seriously, especially after they reverted the nerf on the ring and buffed Chaos Strike / Chaos Cleave, the gap between players who have the ring and who don't will be wider than now. Add the new shoulders on top of that and there you have a GIANT gap between the player who has Shoulders + AotHG and the player who has Sephuz/Prydaz/Any other legendary.

Incoming answers to this post :

"Dude, RNG is RNG, stop complaining!1!!1" - Casual who got 2 bis legendaries from emissary/LFR

"Stop comparing yourself to other players and stop caring about what others have!1!1" - Typical heroic raider that stomps everybody in his world rank 2000 guild with his bis legendaries.

"You will outdps everyone if you are the better player, just improve yourself!11". - Genius who thinks that a 60k dps difference can be closed with skill. (if the player with the bis legendaries is an absolute derp then yes)

Just got my 3rd legendary yesterday and it's not the ring again. See the problem in this approach? "Not the ring again". The legendary system is not supposed to be like this. I am supposed to be happy when I get a "legendary", but I am, and many other players, are not happy if the legendary they received is not the BiS one. When I saw that it was Raddon's, I was like "meh, god knows when im getting the ring." This is stupid, I dont care how good it is from a corporate point of view or how much more profit you will make because of this "carrot on a stick" system blizzard, but the only thing I know is soon enough people are going to stop playing this slot machine game unless you introduce a token/targeting system for legendaries.

Hi there man, i aggre with you in some points, to nerf the ring like they did is idiotic. They should actually buff the class and not nerf legendary to the ground. It's just stupid to balance classes because of legendary, they should be a nice addition and not something mandatory to all. Well thats my opinion

thats what i tell myself. but i'm playing way way less than i was before so i doubt i'll see another one for a few months

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    For me it's vice versa, most people I know would not like to play havoc without it.

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you did there! xD
    Same . Like every DH i know that still plays a DH loves and plays Momentum. And for those who dont there is a ton of other melee dps specs, idk why they had to ruin it with the artifact trait nerf :/

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

It might just feel like a consolidation for those who have Raddon but I am thinking its quite a valid point:

With the new Blind fury, you can actually happen to be an M+ wrecker with demonic, increasing your chance to get another legendary quite easily. I have AotHG, Chest and the Bracers(Latest drop, it is quite good but not as much given bloodlet is falling down from grace) and I think if I had the chance, I would trade both the chest and the bracers (And even losing my accumulated bad luck protection shizz) for the helm. Eye Beam into meta into Chaos Cleave Annihilations and/or spamcasting Eye Beam looks like it is quite hell of an AoE. You can actually go for Demonic Appetite as well for the biggest AoE burst/sustain spec wow has ever seen. Now who am I asking for a legendary when I have AotHG? Well, I feel like if I had Raddon instead of the ring, I wouldn't feel as happy for the incoming expansion but I still would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Same . Like every DH i know that still plays a DH loves and plays Momentum. And for those who dont there is a ton of other melee dps specs, idk why they had to ruin it with the artifact trait nerf :/
    This type of thinking is really cancerous. You're trying to put a stranglehold on the DH class by making a talent the entirety of the classes' theme, when that's never been the case. Momentum is a strong playstyle and has its uses in 7.1.5, but now the other 2 talents in that tier will see their share of play.

Saying to people who don't agree with you to go play another class is massively immature and I feel second-hand embarrassment every time I read one of these comments. Stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Marshal Sigismund View Post
    This type of thinking is really cancerous. You're trying to put a stranglehold on the DH class by making a talent the entirety of the classes' theme, when that's never been the case. Momentum is a strong playstyle and has its uses in 7.1.5, but now the other 2 talents in that tier will see their share of play.

Saying to people who don't agree with you to go play another class is massively immature and I feel second-hand embarrassment every time I read one of these comments. Stop.
    A voice of reason, but I fear it will fall on deaf ears.

Just got my 3rd legendary yesterday and it's not the ring again. See the problem in this approach? "Not the ring again". The legendary system is not supposed to be like this.
    The major problem with the system in this scenario is that you allready got 3 different legendaries, really how legendary is it to get 3 different ones during same expansion..

The personal problem is "Not the ring again", which basicly says you feel entitled to getting a specific item, this problem is only player mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    The major problem with the system in this scenario is that you allready got 3 different legendaries, really how legendary is it to get 3 different ones during same expansion..

The personal problem is "Not the ring again", which basicly says you feel entitled to getting a specific item, this problem is only player mindset.
    Well they are not legendary in the sense that they are rare (Well, somewhat), they are in the sense that they might alter your playstyle.

Also, that's not an entitlement issue, it's a balancing issue.
    It's like saying, I got this stale piece of bread to it, oh crap I wish it was cake. - Wanting what's best is human nature, and a basic pillar of WoW.

Deleted
    UPDATE

Edited main post with some numbers/charts in different kinds of gear and with different talents, check my first post for more details. If you want me to test any other build or with different kind of gear/legendaries feel free to ask away I'll soon be updating the thread with the legendary shoulder+trinket to see which one would yield better numbers.

Sadly all my alts which I no longer play have legs but my main Dh does not I'm only ilvl 852 as I play once or twice a week, I doubt I'll get them on my dh, if I do then it'll probably be a crap one. I'm not took bothered as I still think chaos cleave, fel blade etc will be an upgrade for me so I'm happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    The comparison between chaos cleave and first blood on single target is an interesting one, because first blood is simply a static X dmg every 10 seconds, whereas chaos cleave does more dmg the more you use chaos strike.
    I haven't done the math yet on my own numbers to see where that breakpoint would fall. Since the number of chaos strikes one can cast is a function of fury generated, it's possible that this could create a separation between AotHG haves and have-nots, or one where the T19 set bonus is the difference between using first blood ST and using chaos cleave.
    I kinda like that anyway.. It's almost like getting the item unlocks a better skill with it. Quite exciting and gives you an excuse to grind those annoying dungeons etc to try get the items.

Deleted
    So seeing the tests you've done, I see that the ring is still a good 10% dps increase for pure single target. The amount of extra chaos strikes you cast thanks to the extra fury is just crazy. So we can safely assume that before the fixed the bug, when the ring was working 1-20 I am pretty sure it was rougly a 15% dps increase.

I'm sorry, but this legendary system is pure bs . On one side we have legendaries like Achor or Prydaz that are zero dps gain, and on the other side we have legendaries like this ring and the new shoulders which should provide 15-20% dps increase combined. And somehow people that get legendaries like Achor/Prydaz/Sephuz are supposed to be cool with this and accept their stupid fate while the lucky players who got AotGH are enjoying the top parses.

Please blizzard, change this stupid system. Either let us target the legendaries we want or simply introduce a legendary token system. It is NOT FINE when a player spends half an expansion, and possibly even more, without his bis legendaries. IT IS NOT FAIR.

So seeing the tests you've done, I see that the ring is still a good 10% dps increase for pure single target. The amount of extra chaos strikes you cast thanks to the extra fury is just crazy. So we can safely assume that before the fixed the bug, when the ring was working 1-20 I am pretty sure it was rougly a 15% dps increase.

I'm sorry, but this legendary system is pure bs . On one side we have legendaries like Achor or Prydaz that are zero dps gain, and on the other side we have legendaries like this ring and the new shoulders which should provide 15-20% dps increase combined. And somehow people that get legendaries like Achor/Prydaz/Sephuz are supposed to be cool with this and accept their stupid fate while the lucky players who got AotGH are enjoying the top parses.

Please blizzard, change this stupid system. Either let us target the legendaries we want or simply introduce a legendary token system. It is NOT FINE when a player spends half an expansion, and possibly even more, without his bis legendaries. IT IS NOT FAIR.
    Their plan is for you to eventually have every legendary and to just switch them out based on what you think would me most useful for that encounter. They just want to spread the drops out over a few months and not give you everything immediately

Having said that its not fair if your BiS is the one that drops 6th or 7th. They should have just give you a legendary drop token which lets you pick which legendary you want. But thats a discussion for another thread

This is correct to initial calculations & tests - the ring post DB buffs was considered a 15% dps increase, but people compromise and say 10~% just to not get tied up in pedantic arguments to those denying it's power.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by High Marshal Sigismund View Post

I'm saying that there is plenty of options already out there for the people who may not enjoy momentum playstyle. But yeah if the person is determined to play DH - go for it . Don't wanna play momentum ? Don't , pick another talent . Nemesis isn't that far off. Hell I really don't care if they up the performance of other talents - more variety . However what I do mind , is them wrecking the fluidity of the momentum playstyle by removing half of fel Rush charges , because of people whining "I don't wanna play momentum , but I wanna playyy DH and be the super duper best but I can't play with momentum , so no one should ". See without 2 extra charges I won't be personally able to keep momentum as much as I need to and hence no longer can play the playstyle I like ? See the problem there ? They could've tweaked the numbers but instead they listened to people like you and fucked up the playstyle . If anything I feel embarrassed for you for bashing on other peoples opinion , thinking that you're acting valarous

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Blur trait wasn't changed to nerf momentum, it was changed so that we actually use our defensive defensively rather than being forced to use it rotationally for dps and then having absolutely nothing for when we need a defensive.

Yes, the side effect of it nerfing momentum so that it was in line roughly with the other talents appealed to blizzard too (hence there being no replacement instant momentum charges currently) it seems. That is not why blur was changed though. Blur was ALWAYS going to be changed regardless of momentum because as long as it was a DPS increase we'd use it for that.