Poll: Will Hillary be President

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The election is over, Hillary conceded.

Start planning and preparing for the next election 4 years from now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    We can't afford 4 more years of Obama, or hillary, ffs let someone else fuck it up, or at least attempt to make it better.
    how do you figure.....in what ways has Obama done to "destroy" america?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Yeah Right.

The CIA provided remotely sensed photos to Gen Colin Powell for his exhibit at the United Nations.

It was all FOOBAR
    There is nothing innately wrong with remote sensing, as it is done plenty of times with many satellite pictures and can provide valuable intelligence, when done correctly. Clearly this wasnt the case here, but the method itself is not necessarily to blame.

i dont know much about american laws, but in austria we had to repeat the presidential election because of some formal stuff (envelopes opened too early by the official counting commitee in several cities).

If it is found out the election was rigged (what i personally think is not so unlikely) , what will happen than? New election, or will trump be sent to prison and his vice president will take over? What if vice president was involved too? ... Is the senat able to rule instead of a president if he is in prison?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible. Trump hasn't technically won the presidency yet; the electoral college will cast their votes later this month.

That being said, I would kind of rather have Trump at this point so we can have a reminder down the line of why a half-brained troglodyte shouldn't lead the most powerful country in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Please, link the part when he bragged about fucking his own daughter if he could. And sexually assaulting women part.
    Trump is on tape in his 50s, in his own words, bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women. On the same tape he refers to a young girl walking up to him as "it."

Trump is also on tape multiple times bragging about how he would fuck his own daughter if he could.

None of this is classified information, it's all over the place.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    I found Hillary 'vast right wing conspiracy' Clinton losing mildly amusing. But I was soo wrong; I underestimated it. It's a gift that never stops giving. Half this forum going mad cow stew crazy with denial and delusion is hillarious. How's that recount of yours going btw?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Mike Pence can still be removed along with Trump if they find out that the entire election was hacked. They most likely will do another election with a more secure system or hopefully Obama stays in office for another 4 years.
    Unfortunately there is no Constitutional mechanism for what you are describing. If it turns out, as all the evidence is pointing towards, that a foreign government dramatically (and this is a key issue) interfered with our Presidential election, there is no set recourse (that I know of) for the election to be set aside and redone.

Does anyone have an idea of how this would work if the United States walked down this path?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Trump is on tape in his 50s, in his own words, bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women. On the same tape he refers to a young girl walking up to him as "it."

Trump is also on tape multiple times bragging about how he would fuck his own daughter if he could.

None of this is classified information, it's all over the place.
    You are one of the few brights spots of dialogue and information in these forum topics. Have you heard of any mechanism for a national election redo?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It's possible. Trump hasn't technically won the presidency yet; the electoral college will cast their votes later this month.
    I wonder if the Electoral College has a method of requesting a redo of the national vote?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Please, link the part when he bragged about fucking his own daughter if he could. And sexually assaulting women part.
    You liberals are growing more mental with each day. Maybe one day you'll all "short circuit" and drop dead, the world would be a better place.
    God I love you Emp - all the feels with none of the reals - you are the embodiment of why Trump "won" this election. It's becoming more and more clear that he didn't actually win, so much as he stole it.

Why is the GOP fighting a recount again? Oh, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

(this might not be the best OP to discuss the possibilities of a "redo" on the election)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You are one of the few brights spots of dialogue and information in these forum topics. Have you heard of any mechanism for a national election redo?
    Bawww <3 I just hate people who gleefully try to cause harm to others. I'm not religious, but I'm also no relativist. Some things are just evil.

As for an election redo, I've heard of it happening on the local level but never on the national level. I'm not a huge history buff though, someone else might have specific examples of when it happened or came close to happening in the US past.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

No and I rather not set such a precedent. Trump has already set so many precedents, conservatives will come to regret them soon enough. Trump will fall on his own. We just need to wait and laugh.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump impeached. But then Pence will be president. Up to you all to decide what is worse.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    No and I rather not set such a precedent. Trump has already set so many precedents, conservatives will come to regret them soon enough. Trump will fall on his own. We just need to wait and laugh.
    I see a much darker future of Trump's "election". I see the GOP being quite content with Pence running the White House and Trump keeping the crazies rev'd up. Conway's new Group is entirely terrifying outside the rest of these shenanigans.

Trump won when he shouldn't have. Trump will be in a much better position to win in 2020. And then there is his son, Donald Trump, who could continue the run. The majority of Trumpers are so dumb they wouldn't even know it wasn't the same guy.

Our first indication of how dramatically the effect of Trump will be on our politics will be the mid-terms. If the GOP gains, the DNC and the country are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump impeached. But then Pence will be president. Up to you all to decide what is worse.
    Mike Pence is president, Trump doesn't want to go to briefings last report once per week he is more interested in doing reality show style musing for his cabinet and Twitter. Mike Pence is the one really running the show, Trump is too busy creating distractions for himself to care about you know running the country.

No, I don't think so. I think that Democrats' best hope is to plan ahead for the next four years. Even that will be difficult, most presidents get reelected for a second term.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I'd vastly prefer Pence. I'm fairly certain that I disagree with almost every one of Pence's policies, but he at least acts like a human being deserving of the title of President. Unlike our current Cheeto-colored President-Elect, who spends his days making snarky comments on Twitter...

It is more difficult than people realize to impeach a president. I don't know if it will happen to Trump, but I do think that based on his behavior and rhetoric he is more likely to be impeached than our last 3 presidents combined. He needs to be careful to separate his business interests from politics and not fall into nepotism regarding his family's involvement in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    A lot of people don't realize this. Even if she conceded, she can still be president
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    lol this level of ignorance is hilarious

"if I complain about my preferred candidate losing loud enough maybe she can become president?"

buckle up for 8 years of memes fammo

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    They don't know, but they just "know", ok?
    If I had room, i'd make this my signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please cite specifics when accusing Wikileaks of distributing "fake news." Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Please cite specifics when accusing Wikileaks of distributing "fake news." Thanks.
    I kind of did without getting into any details of the stupid thing and I'm not going to take the bait and say the actual name of it since its considered "a conspiracy theory"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of how this would work if the United States walked down this path?
    Sufficient numbers of electors can switch to throw it to the house.
    Or failing that, impeachment.