Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Fair enough.

Regarding specs, a two-spec class makes the most sense to me: Tanking and Ranged DPS.

Tanking because of course a giant metal war machine should lead the force and take a beating. That is literally why tanks were invented in WWI.

Ranged DPS because guns and rockets and lasers oh my!

addendum:

Melee DPS mechs are obviously supported in WoW lore, but I want to rule it out as there are currently more melee specs in game, and melee players don't need another big figure crowding boss ass in raids.

Healing is a "no reason not to", but also "no reason to do so". If it really is a mech-driving class, might as well focus on the key elements of doing and taking damage.

I think the community wants another healing spec, but the demand for a new physical ranged class is even higher, since every new class released has been melee.

I agree with you that the chances of them releasing another melee DPS spec is pretty slim, especially one inside a mech. I do believe that we're more likely to see a Tri-spec class with Tanking being melee, DPS physical ranged, and a healing spec. I really don't think they're going to go two specs with a class that can easily support 3-4 specs and still maintain a class fantasy.

My guess is it would look something like this;

Tanking: Mech spec, similar to Druid bear form with supportive ranged and self-healing abilities.
    DPS: Physical ranged with guns, focused on turret gameplay (thanks Rhamses and Thimagryn). Mech is a cooldown similar to old Metamorphosis in MoP/WoD
    Healing: Healing beams, Healing turrets, robotic assistants that heal players, etc. Mech form CD to increase healing for brief time. Perhaps the game's first non-mana healing spec?

IMO, if Blizzard goes the mech route, the class will be Goblin/Gnome only. If Blizzard goes more of a GW2 or TL2 style tech class, you could see it spread to other races and tanking could be out of the equation with a possible DPS/DPS/Healing class. I really don't think Blizzard would go pure DPS with a new class.

I like what Thimagryn came up with in regard to turrets and cluster rockets. What about the other abilities like Pocket Factory, Xplodium Charge, Grav-O-Bomb, and Death Lazor?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2016-12-10 at 02:37 PM.

No to turret gameplay.
    It has to be simple not overly complex or else it wont work.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    No to turret gameplay.
    Turret gameplay really makes sense though.

I mean, you can apply it to several modes of gameplay. They can be used for just about any role in the game (Tanking/DPS/Heal).

Also I think players appreciate gameplay that's simple on the surface, yet has depth.

Too much time maintaining turret not enough on dps.
    They will be shit

Too much time maintaining turret not enough on dps.
    They will be shit
    Nah, you won't be next to them repairing them. You'd drop them and performing DPS on your own. You would also have CDs that boost their DPS output. Like you press a button and all of your turrets start multi-shooting for X seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Nah, you won't be next to them repairing them. You'd drop them and performing DPS on your own. You would also have CDs that boost their DPS output. Like you press a button and all of your turrets start multi-shooting for X seconds.
    That's not how "turret-focused gameplay" would work. Just dropping the turrets and forgetting about them, feels too much like a shaman just drops totems and forgets about them. Besides, if you're more focused on doing DPS than taking care of your turrets it's not exactly "turret-focused" gameplay, is it?

On a "turret-focused" gameplay, the focus are on the turrets, not on dealing direct damage. You'd have to spend more time taking care of your turrets than doing DPs yourself, because it's the turrets that would do DPS for you.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-12-10 at 07:10 PM.

No to turret gameplay.
    As long as it's part of your rotation and non intrusive to your basic gameplay, Turrets can be an added layer of complexity to your standard DPS style. It's not much more different than current Pet-based DPS, Hunters and Warlocks aren't wracking their brains over pet management. The idea is simply that they'd be more involved than Shaman Totems, which were basically static buff props that you had little interaction with. Waiting for Searing Totem to proc your Lava Lash is not very involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I like what Thimagryn came up with in regard to turrets and cluster rockets. What about the other abilities like Pocket Factory, Xplodium Charge, Grav-O-Bomb, and Death Lazor?
    Seems like a good assortment of abilities to adapt into WoW. I had speculated back in the day that Illidan's abilities in HotS could be a basis for a WoW DH class, and they do seem to have done just that.

Could we look even broader for what Blizz might draw from? I think Overwatch has a lot of tech concepts that could get a fun adaptation into a WoW tinker class. Things like Reinhardt's rocket charge for a tank mech, or D.Va's eject/self destruct for a DPS mech...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Seems like a good assortment of abilities to adapt into WoW. I had speculated back in the day that Illidan's abilities in HotS could be a basis for a WoW DH class, and they do seem to have done just that.

Could we look even broader for what Blizz might draw from? I think Overwatch has a lot of tech concepts that could get a fun adaptation into a WoW tinker class. Things like Reinhardt's rocket charge for a tank mech, or D.Va's eject/self destruct for a DPS mech...
    I think the character that builds and upgrades turrets from Overwatch is a pretty good source to pull from, and I would love a mech spec like D.va's where you can self destruct.

There is the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter that uses rockets, missiles, grenades, turrets, etc.

That might be stretching things a bit though, since it's a blend of engineering and shadow magic.

Of course there are examples of shadow magic and engineering merging in WoW with the Legion, so there you go.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2016-12-11 at 12:20 AM.

Of course there are examples of shadow magic and engineering merging in WoW with the Legion, so there you go.
    I'd be down for a spec that uses repurposed Legion tech. The Iron Reaver was a good looking mech.

I am anti tinker with the crap turret system idea.

I am anti tinker with the crap turret system idea.
    Would a DPS spec based on the Goblin/Legion Iron Reaver make you feel better?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    any thread with the slightest mention of tinker should be closed immediately this shits been said. you have no new ideas. go away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I'd be down for a spec that uses repurposed Legion tech. The Iron Reaver was a good looking mech.
    That would have to be a secondary DPS spec. I couldn't imagine Blizzard giving this class a Legion-based DPS spec without a standard Gnome/Goblin DPS spec. The good news is that a spec utilizing Goblin/Legion tech has a strong basis in lore, since Blackfuse designed the Iron Reaver.

I could see a spec like that emerge if the class is DPS/DPS/Heal, or Tank/DPS/DPS/Heal both of which are possible.

I'd personally love to play that. I also loved the Iron Reaver design.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    any thread with the slightest mention of tinker should be closed immediately this shits been said. you have no new ideas. go away
    When has 'new ideas' ever a requirement for discussion threads, lol

I'm looking at page 1 of Gen Discussion and there's not one topic that hasn't been discussed (or some variation of something that's already been discussed).
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Guys this shit is never going to happen. Holy fuck.
    The same was said of Demon Hunters... a class I don't care for, but still exists.