10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Be that as it may, the worst thing they did was expose the DNC to the public for what they were, if knowing that swayed the election then that's the American people responding to the corruption exposed.
    No, the worst thing they did was omitting what they derived from the RNC hack. Isn't one of the main flaws of the MSM the fact that they omit information, to you lot?

At the very least I have grounds to maintain this government is illegitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The source is the CIA. The agency. The specific person is irrelevant. This represents agency opinion. Try again.
    Since you're here skroe, any thoughts on the FBI dimension of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Be that as it may, the worst thing they did was expose the DNC to the public for what they were, if knowing that swayed the election then that's the American people responding to the corruption exposed.
    The CIA is also claiming, and say that they've claimed officially to Congress, that Trump and the RNC were compromised as well. While McConnell's goon squad said "who cares?" and covered it up, others like McCain and Graham have also seen the evidence, considered it severe and damning, and are bipartisanly pushing for and supporting further investigation of Trump's connections and the hacks themselves.

Those two aren't exactly "RINOs" to attempt to discredit them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Since you're here skroe, any thoughts on the FBI dimension of the story?
    I need to research a bit finer before I say something on this. I'm bouncing between alt-run, here, and being overall miserable from a sinus infection atm ><

I'll have thoughts to share in a while once I look into it a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    There are zero grounds to consider the government is illegitimate based on leaked information. It doesn't matter if it tilted the opinion of the public or not. It doesn't even matter if the information was true or not. Now if you can show that Trump or some other U.S. Citizen was directly involved than pursue charges against him. If you can show Russia was involved, than press Sanctions. You don't get to a point to claim that the election was illegitimate until you show that some source changed the results directly, and then only if you can show it to a point that it would change the overall result.
    As far as I am concerned, the wide gap between the EC and popular results as well as the fact the outcome was influenced by a foreign entity and the FBI renders the Trump administration lacking any sort of mandate for government.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    As far as I am concerned, the wide gap between the EC and popular results as well as the fact the outcome was influenced by a foreign entity and the FBI renders the Trump administration lacking any sort of mandate for government.
    100% agree.

80,000 votes in three states is close enough that illegitimacy from Russian interference cannot be dismissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So TLDR....you will grasp at any straw that you think could get the results you favor?
    Considering that 'the results I favor' are a competent administration, I'm not sure why this end is a bad one to want.

Let's assume for a moment all the Russian hacker nonsense is legit even tho Assange denies it and there's no proof.

HRC and her campaign have never denied the content of the emails.

This is all about the fact that people are aware of her dirty dealings that were supposed to be kept secret. Think about that for a moment and how fucked up that is.

And they still refuse to take responsibility for any of their actions laid out in the emails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    Let's assume for a moment all the Russian hacker nonsense is legit even tho Assange denies it and there's no proof.

HRC and her campaign have never denied the content of the emails.

This is all about the fact that people are aware of her dirty dealings that were supposed to be kept secret. Think about that for a moment and how fucked up that is.

And they still refuse to take responsibility for any of their actions laid out in the emails.
    You mean like how the Republicans are refusing to admit to whatever 'dirty dealings' are contained in the emails stolen from the RNC?

Moreover, the DNC emails have been warped and misinterpreted to death. It's not a matter of 'informing the public' when the information itself is being framed to favor conclusions that are simply untrue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that your opinion of what a competent administration is held any water, what good is any government imposed by any means possible?
    I'm curious as to who is advocating 'any means possible'.

You mean like how the Republicans are refusing to admit to whatever 'dirty dealings' are contained in the emails stolen from the RNC?
    How does this negate any truth that's been exposed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Namely in the fact that the same is true of the other side and it creates the impression that only one side is at fault.

And clearly a majority of Americans don't care about the 'truth that's been exposed' in any case.

Namely in the fact that the same is true of the other side and it creates the impression that only one side is at fault.
    What is true about the other side? You just said nothing stolen from the RNC has been exposed.

No one is saying that it does. It's literally only you guys making that claim.

What people are saying is that the RNC and Trump were also compromised but the hackers did not release the information, saving it either for themselves for later or just choosing to never release it. High ranking members of the GOP were warned they were compromised too and basically said they didn't care and instead covered up the situation to make sure it didn't hit the mainstream news.

Now because Obama is dragging his feet with it, there's been a bipartisan push by Democrats and even pissed off Republicans to investigate the matter. The people who claim to have seen the evidence, including members of both political parties, have claimed that it's severe enough to warrant a deep investigation into Trump. The CIA was doing their own investigation the whole time, got pissed at the inaction of the White House and the GOP who both knew what was going on, and took action themselves.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2016-12-11 at 04:02 AM.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is true about the other side? You just said nothing stolen from the RNC has been exposed.
    In terms of likelihood, it's about a 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I am over-exaggerating "any means', but like I said before you are grasping at straws. I have no reason to believe you care anything about the situation outside your favored results.
    Again, my 'favored results' being a competent administration is a bad thing, apparently.

Maybe I am over-exaggerating "any means', but like I said before you are grasping at straws. I have no reason to believe you care anything about the situation outside your favored results.
    It's not really about real favored results at all or pushing for Clinton though. If they have evidence to nail Trump and the RNC to the wall, it would be another Republican like Romney or Kasich who would be sworn in by the House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It's not really about real favored results at all or pushing for Clinton though. If they have evidence to nail Trump and the RNC to the wall, it would be another Republican like Romney or Kasich who would be sworn in by the House.
    I'd actually like Kasich

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    No one is saying that it does. It's literally only you guys making that claim.

What people are saying is that the RNC and Trump were also compromised but the hackers did not release the information, saving it either for themselves for later or just choosing to never release it. High ranking members of the GOP were warned they were compromised too and basically said they didn't care and instead covered up the situation to make sure it didn't hit the mainstream news.

Now because Obama is dragging his feet with it, there's been a bipartisan push by Democrats and even pissed off Republicans to investigate the matter. The people who claim to have seen the evidence, including members of both political parties, have claimed that it's severe enough to warrant a deep investigation into Trump. The CIA was doing their own investigation the whole time, got pissed at the inaction of the White House and the GOP who both knew what was going on, and took action themselves.
    Your logic is that Obama had evidence of Russian hackers and sat on it instead of protecting the DNC and future of the party via the chosen one.

How ridiculous are you?

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of likelihood, it's about a 1.
    You have no answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Russia was right to be against Hillary. She would have destabilized the US by encouraging mass illegal migration. Glad we dodged that bullet.
    So you are more than happy with a guy whos already pissed off china before even becoming president, instead?
    im not a hillary fan, nor was I rooting for her, wanted bernie, but being so naive to think trump is going to help people is just...well plain silly
    So russia was right? if the situation was reversed and Hillary actively encouraged trump to be hacked, would you be so pro russia? No you would not.
    trump screwed up, and sheep who dont believe he can do anything wrong, still shout his name from the roof top like he is the second coming

Your logic is that Obama had evidence of Russian hackers and sat on it instead of protecting the DNC and future of the party via the chosen one.

How ridiculous are you?

- - - Updated - - -

You have no answer.
    Obama is basically coasting the rest of his presidency and isn't going to try to rock the boat or damage the election. He doesn't trust the Trump administration to get the bottom of things, which is why he wants the reports, but he's also not going to do or say anything himself until after inauguration.

The CIA, and even members from both sides of the aisle who have seen the evidence, have been trying to put pressure on the White House to act now, and have been doing so for about a month. Obama claimed yesterday he wasn't doing shit until right before leaving office, then conveniently this morning leaks were sent to news outlets.