Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Again, I have said more than a few times now that a square meets all the qualifications of a rectangle. Do you really have this much trouble parsing that simple statement? Should I use smaller words? Maybe I could do it up like a pop-up book and you can read it with your daddy when he tucks you in tonight?

And, if you're going to make the assumption that I'm a "Leftie" and use the term in a disparaging fashion than I see no reason not to make the assertion that you are a "Rightie". But, again, I'm really not sure why you want to bring political distinctions into a discussion regarding geometric nomenclature.

Again, you go way off base with your antics. You continue to argue the opinions and ignore the facts. My statement was that you lied. I'll present my proof in your own words:

Not sure why my political leanings have anything to do with this particular conversation. Especially since refusing to admit when one is wrong id even more true about the right. You people still can't admit that climate change is happening, that gays have the same rights as anyone else, or that women have rights over their own bodies. But hey, at least you're sticking it to me over the very important issue about squares also qualifying as being rectangles. A fact that I have never actually denied. I have said on multiple occasions now that a square does meet all the requirements of a rectangle. My point was always that a square is more than a rectangle.
    Actually, No Square is a Rectangle.

The more accurate way of phrasing your statement is that all Squares are Quadrilaterals...but not all Quadrilaterals are Squares.
    So again, make a false statement when you say that you've never denied that squares are rectangles. Even in the full face of actual evidence you make the false statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Again, you go way off base with your antics. You continue to argue the opinions and ignore the facts. My statement was that you lied. I'll present my proof in your own words:

So again, make a false statement when you say that you've never denied that squares are rectangles. Even in the full face of actual evidence you make the false statement.
    A square isn't a rectangle...it's more than a rectangle. It happens to share the same basic qualifications of a rectangle...but it has it's own classification.

And, considering you've tried to turn this into a political discussion when all we are talking about are the different classifications of shapes...calling me out on my "antics" is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

A square isn't a rectangle...it's more than a rectangle. It happens to share the same basic qualifications of a rectangle...but it has it's own classification.

And, considering you've tried to turn this into a political discussion when all we are talking about are the different classifications of shapes...calling me out on my "antics" is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
    Ok, I agree that I was wrong to make this a political discussion, but you are still doing everything possible to avoid saying you are wrong.

You're original statement was that a square is not a rectangle. Simple plain statement with no room for interpretation. That statement is incorrect and is in contradiction to your later statement that you never said that a square is not a rectangle. One is incorrect the other is lie - whether intentional or unintentional still makes it a lie. Why do you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions/words?

Ok, I agree that I was wrong to make this a political discussion, but you are still doing everything possible to avoid saying you are wrong.

You're original statement was that a square is not a rectangle. Simple plain statement with no room for interpretation. That statement is incorrect and is in contradiction to your later statement that you never said that a square is not a rectangle. One is incorrect the other is lie - whether intentional or unintentional still makes it a lie. Why do you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions/words?
    How many times must i repeat that I acknowledge that a square meets all the requirements of a rectangle before you understand? When is that going to sink in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    lol! The amount of shock related fear response lately is amusing. Trump will not be able to get all he wants because we have checks and balances to make sure no president can be a dictator. People need to understand the real power in our government is the Supreme Court.

And the US is a Constitutional/ Representative/Democratic Republic of States.
    That is exactly why people are afraid. In addition to the vacancy left by Scalia, with Ginsburg, Kennedy, and Breyer at 83, 80, and 78 respectively, that's potentially four seats that will be filled by, and this bears repeating, the least informed and least qualified president we have ever elected. Those appointments would shape the nature of the court for a generation, and could potentially undo a good 50 years of progress.

7+ Year Old Account
    We have a Constitutional Republic.

“A republic, if you can keep it.” (Benjamin Franklin)

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.” (Benjamin Franklin)

The democrats seem to think we are a banana republic and foreign governments can install whoever they want as president here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    We have a Constitutional Republic.

“A republic, if you can keep it.” (Benjamin Franklin)

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.” (Benjamin Franklin)
    Thats happens to be a democracy.

How many times must i repeat that I acknowledge that a square meets all the requirements of a rectangle before you understand? When is that going to sink in?
    I understand that completely. Note in my last post, I said I was wrong. Directly said that. I believe in being responsible for my actions/words. You still have not acknowledged being wrong. You truly haven't even directly admitted that squares are rectangles - only "that a square meets all requirements of a rectangle." You have even said that squares are more than rectangles. What you are doing is deflecting. You are trying to use language to protect yourself from the concept of being wrong. I have asked many times when you were going to admit that you were wrong? You still haven't done. When is that going to sink in?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fact challenge:

Is this picture white or black?

/s
    Yes.

/10char
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Stop being a child. People don't have to literally say the words, "I was wrong," to acknowledge they were incorrect. @Sicari has acknowledged that squares are indeed rectangles. Move on and stop trying to derail the thread to geometry topics.
    Sometimes one does have to literally say the words "I was wrong" to acknowledge that they were incorrect. These times include when you do/say something wrong, continue to argue your case incorrectly, then try to change the narrative to it was a misunderstanding/technicality, personal attacks, then on to denial of the original actions/words. These actions are pretty much textbook definition of childish behavior, so your accusation of being a child is misplaced.

Initial statement/action
    Actually, No Square is a Rectangle.
    The more accurate way of phrasing your statement is that all Squares are Quadrilaterals...but not all Quadrilaterals are Squares.
    Continual debate even when incorrect
    Rectangles are Quadrilaterals with equal angles and 2 pairs of sides that of equal length.
    Squares are Quadrilaterals with equal sides and angles.
    It's just a technicality
    Sure, the same way all humans are apes...all squares are rectangles. You've got me on that technicality.
    Misunderstanding
    I've stated a few times already that a square meets the technical definition of a rectangle. I just view it as being more than a rectangle (because it is).
    Denial of the original behavior
    Not sure why my political leanings have anything to do with this particular conversation. Especially since refusing to admit when one is wrong id even more true about the right. You people still can't admit that climate change is happening, that gays have the same rights as anyone else, or that women have rights over their own bodies. But hey, at least you're sticking it to me over the very important issue about squares also qualifying as being rectangles. A fact that I have never actually denied. I have said on multiple occasions now that a square does meet all the requirements of a rectangle. My point was always that a square is more than a rectangle.
    Personal attack
    Again, I have said more than a few times now that a square meets all the qualifications of a rectangle. Do you really have this much trouble parsing that simple statement? Should I use smaller words? Maybe I could do it up like a pop-up book and you can read it with your daddy when he tucks you in tonight?

And, if you're going to make the assumption that I'm a "Leftie" and use the term in a disparaging fashion than I see no reason not to make the assertion that you are a "Rightie". But, again, I'm really not sure why you want to bring political distinctions into a discussion regarding geometric nomenclature.
    Back to original statement

At which point I admit to being in the wrong - actual adult behavior

I understand that completely. Note in my last post, I said I was wrong. Directly said that. I believe in being responsible for my actions/words. You still have not acknowledged being wrong. You truly haven't even directly admitted that squares are rectangles - only "that a square meets all requirements of a rectangle." You have even said that squares are more than rectangles. What you are doing is deflecting. You are trying to use language to protect yourself from the concept of being wrong. I have asked many times when you were going to admit that you were wrong? You still haven't done. When is that going to sink in?
    I admitted squares are rectangles

Originally Posted by Sicari
    Sure, the same way all humans are apes...all squares are rectangles.
    It's also true that they are more than rectangles.

I admitted squares are rectangles

It's also true that they are more than rectangles.
    And since that statement - which still didn't acknowledge that you were wrong since you are trying to make it some kind of technicality - you have said differently...

and even denied making the original statement in the first place
    Your statements over the course of this conversation have been erratic and contradictory not to mention untruthful.

And since that statement - which still didn't acknowledge that you were wrong since you are trying to make it some kind of technicality - you have said differently...

and even denied making the original statement in the first place

Your statements over the course of this conversation have been erratic and contradictory not to mention untruthful.
    Actually, i never denied that squares also meet the qualifications of being rectangles...I just said that they aren't rectangles. They aren't. They are squares.

Actually, i never denied that squares also meet the qualifications of being rectangles...I just said that they aren't rectangles. They aren't. They are squares.
    If this type of mental gymnastics to avoid thinking that you are wrong helps you sleep better at night, then I throw my full support to you. You may live in childhood all your life in peace.

If this type of mental gymnastics to avoid thinking that you are wrong helps you sleep better at night, then I throw my full support to you. You may live in childhood all your life in peace.
    Now who's back to making the personal attacks?

A square is a discretely classified shape. There is nothing wrong with that statement and I'm not going to say there is just to make you feel better.

Now who's back to making the personal attacks?

A square is a discretely classified shape. There is nothing wrong with that statement and I'm not going to say there is just to make you feel better.
    It's not a personal attack. It's an observation. Children invent fantasy worlds to protect themselves from their fears of the real world. Your failure to acknowledge a solid fact make your world based in fantasy.

It's not a personal attack. It's an observation. Children invent fantasy worlds to protect themselves from their fears of the real world. Your failure to acknowledge a solid fact make your world based in fantasy.
    Why won't you just admit you were wrong to make a personal attack?

Why won't you just admit you were wrong to make a personal attack?
    Ok. I admit that I was wrong to make a personal attack.

update:

I even apologize for doing so. After self contemplation, I find that whether or not it was an observation, I did mean it as a personal attack. My apologies again for doing so.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2016-12-11 at 04:47 PM.

Ok. I admit that I was wrong to make a personal attack.

update:

I even apologize for doing so. After self contemplation, I find that whether or not it was an observation, I did mean it as a personal attack. My apologies again for doing so.
    See, now don't you feel better now that your being honest with yourself.

You've inspired me. While I still hold to my stance that a square is more than a rectangle which is why it is classified differently... I will once again confirm that it does indeed hold a place in the rectangle family.