Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    whats sad is that teachers accept this and pass it cuz they dont care any more than you do lol

A+ in comp 1 and 2 and didnt learn shit proves that
    Either you wrote properly, or you're full of it.

As an English teacher, I'd give you an F, E on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Someone wanted power, but it took thousands of nutters to believe their nutterness.

Now, are you suggesting that 9/11 and the numerous other attacks, are not motivated by religious fervour?
    Yes, they were motivated by religious fervor, as well as a desire to increase and solidify power. In the case of Bin Laden, it was to undermine the power of the United States government.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Either you wrote properly, or you're full of it.

As an English teacher, I'd give you an F, E on a good day.
    sadly im not joking at all, i actually tried tho for those classes, i admit i did this paper here in like 2 hours and didnt really care much about rechecking it since i dont like the class much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, they were motivated by religious fervor, as well as a desire to increase and solidify power. In the case of Bin Laden, it was to undermine the power of the United States government.
    He is an individual, his motives are easily discussed and contextualised.

Why is the discussion of the religious fervour present in modern day Islam so taboo?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    it's not a question it's literally "tell your professor why his/her opinions are legitimate"
    Legitimizing opinions to a professor : sounds like every social science class I took. Crazy!

Deleted
    sadly im not joking at all, i actually tried tho for those classes, i admit i did this paper here in like 2 hours and didnt really care much about rechecking it since i dont like the class much
    I deal with people like you all day. Do you think we don't know when you're lying? Just type like a normal human being.

90% of the time I pretend not to know something, like what Snapchat is, because I don't want to have to deal with it.

He is an individual, his motives are easily discussed and contextualised.

Why is the discussion of the religious fervour present in modern day Islam so taboo?
    It's not taboo, but it's also more of a symptom than an actual cause. What was the cause of that religious fervor? It does not end with religious radicalization, that's only the first step. It is logical to find out why they became radicalized, so as to avoid it in the future.

Of the half-ish paragraph I've read, it sounds like an opinon piece more than a factual report. Not to mention that it frequently has phrasing that doesn't make a ton of sense, both in individual statements and in the connection between statements.

After skimming it a bit, I haven't noticed a single mention of the 9/11 commission. And it's definitely not a structured report as there's no clear thesis.
    Last edited by Sunaka; 2016-12-11 at 11:16 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I deal with people like you all day. Do you think we don't know when you're lying? Just type like a normal human being.

90% of the time I pretend not to know something, like what Snapchat is, because I don't want to have to deal with it.
    how do you mean? like grading papers by people who dont care?

maybe you should look at yourself if there is that many papers like mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    Of the half-ish paragraph I've read, it sounds like an opinon piece more than a factual report. Not to mention that it frequently has phrasing that doesn't make a ton of sense, both in individual statements and in the connection between statements.
    pretend like you are a really bad poli sci professor and you can barely speak grammatically correct English yourself because your an immigrant, what grade would you give it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post

After skimming it a bit, I haven't noticed a single mention of the 9/11 commission. And it's definitely not a structured report as there's no clear thesis.
    good thing my teacher is an idiot and you arent teaching the class. imagine if you are my teacher tho lmao what a scenario that would be

- - - Updated - - -

pretend like you are a really bad poli sci professor and you can barely speak grammatically correct English yourself because your an immigrant, what grade would you give it?

- - - Updated - - -

good thing my teacher is an idiot and you arent teaching the class. imagine if you are my teacher tho lmao what a scenario that would be
    You seem pretty butt hurt over all of this. Lighten up, Francis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not taboo, but it's also more of a symptom than an actual cause. What was the cause of that religious fervor? It does not end with religious radicalization, that's only the first step. It is logical to find out why they became radicalized, so as to avoid it in the future.
    Religion gains power in poverty and ignorance, I know all too well with being Irish.

But just saying that is taboo in many circles, but political and in the media.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I teach clever kids, hard working kids, and kids who think they're clever. You'd be the latter. And, ultimately, it's all the same in the end. The only real difference is the student's attitude to learning. No matter how well I teach them, some assholes just don't want to bother. And so, I fail them.

Based on what I've read, what you've said the assignment to be, and that even ESL teachers generally understand construction, I probably stick with my earlier statements: this paper is either in the "it doesn't make any sense/follow the assignment guidelines and I'm not grading it" or "you clearly half-assed the hell out of it so you're not getting above a D on this" category. After reading the first paragraph, the only thing I'm able to glean that you're going to argue is that the War on Terror was a good thing, which I'm not aware has a lot to do with a factual discussion on the 9/11 report nor the resulting political discussion. I mean, it could, but that's not what I see you properly constructing here.

Religion gains power in poverty and ignorance, I know all too well with being Irish.

But just saying that is taboo in many circles, but political and in the media.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I teach clever kids, hard working kids, and kids who think they're clever. You'd be the latter. And, ultimately, it's all the same in the end. The only real difference is the student's attitude to learning. No matter how well I teach them, some assholes just don't want to bother. And so, I fail them.
    Personally, I don't think anything should be taboo. I don't ever get offended, and I don't care if I piss off others. Self censorship in order to cater to the thin skin of others is a major problem in this world.

Has anyone seen my pal Leading? His last name is Question. I've been looking for him for weeks!

good thing my teacher is an idiot
    Is there any support for this other than him being an immigrant, clearly being ESL, and having differing opinions? I understand you feel his class is in the realm of indoctrination, but that doesn't necessarily mean "idiot" so much as "asshole." Him being a bad teacher (if going by ratemyprofessor) also doesn't necessarily mean he's an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    More utilitarian. There's not really any social benefit in prostitution being legal; if it's legal it can be regulated and taxed.
    That is more what I expect from you, you are ok with anything that is regulated and taxed.....

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Has anyone seen my pal Leading? His last name is Question. I've been looking for him for weeks!
    I believe the Benghazi and email committees were holding him for a couple years. You might try Capitol Hill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    First, while this is poorly worded, islamist terrorist, while not what people think when mentioning ''right wing terrorism'', is kinda right wing.

Second, ''CSA'' in this case means the Covenant Sword and Arm of the Lord, a bog standard charming US militia, that do the thing the alt right advocate for : shooting Jewish people, shooting African american cops....you know the wholeseome activities that are ''resistance'' and not ''terrorism'' because the dudes are white and have 20 different guns.
    Silly me, I saw CSA and immediately thought Confederate States of America. Part of growing up in the former Confederacy, I suppose.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    That is more what I expect from you, you are ok with anything that is regulated and taxed.....
    If it's a nonharmful activity I don't see why it shouldn't be. Same thing applies to gambling and drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    What's this even supposed to mean? Taxed means more money for the government for...I guess Defense? Regulated means people don't get VD all willy-nilly. Are you suggesting that regulating and taxing stuff like cigarettes and cars/fuel is somehow damaging society?