Poll: Will Hillary be President

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Russia did not hack the election. They ALLEGEDLY, according to the all reliable CIA, who surely do not have their own agenda, supposedly they were the ones who leaked the emails to wikileaks and possibly spread other misinformation. All this means is the Russian government is effectively better at subverting the will of the American people than the US government is. This does not mean Trump was not still legitimately chosen by the people. Though perhaps under false pretenses, that's nearly true for any election. It is no grounds for Trump to not be sworn in.

However, I don't really think it matters anyway. I don't believe there is currently a single person on this planet that's holds the real power that Trump does. That is, power over the people. And denying him the presidency would only solidify that power.

There is an immense transfer of power happening right now that goes way beyond Obama -> Trump. It's 2 sides of the same coin for sure, and I do believe it is for the best, although still not as great as it could be. That would be the coin getting tossed away forever, which neither of them want and is why this is being handled so delicately. It's MAD politics, simply.

But believe it or not, denying Trump the presidency would increase his influence 100 fold. He would have more power as the illegitimate president than as the actual sworn in, because then he gets to play his own game by his own rules. If Obama nullified the election results and declared himself or someone he appoints to be in power until (TBD), do you think Trump will not immediate take to Twitter and declare himself the Official Leader of the Free World from a Beyond the Control of Washington?

At that point, assassination would only make him a martyr.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    When she has 3 million more votes than Trump. Yes it does.
    Winning a ton of votes in two states doesn't make one president.

The problem is you people forgot you actually have *GASP* talk to the plebs out in Ohio and Michigan.

I know they are dirty inferior scum compared to superior enlightened inhabitants of glorious Brooklyn or San Fran, but yes, that is how our electoral process works.

There are only 18 Democratic governors left across the nation. Republicans now control 31 governor’s mansions. In only 5 states is the legislature controlled by democrats, even in liberal states like Washington, New York, Illinois and Vermont the Dems have to share power. Where as the republicans hold 26 state legislatures outright.

The Democrats lost the House AND the Senate.

The problem is the Dems' thought that racking up vote totals in NYC, LA, San Francisco and Portland made one president. It actually doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Hillary isnt going to be president no matter what happens in the next couple of months. Nothing was hacked, no one colluded to fuck her over, no one stuffed the ballot boxes, or any other bs people keep coming up with to get Trump out. The only reason she lost is because she lost Democratic stronghold states and low voter turnout for Dems in the minority groups, thats it, there is nothing more to it.

Trump got basically the same number of white votes as Romney did but got more Black, Hispanic and women votes than Romney did. Run a better Democrat and win next time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The US has the Electoral College System in place. That means it wasn't hacked.
    Clearly the Russians mindcepted the founding father's.

OP is one special kind of libtard.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Turnip lost the popular vote by over 2.8 million+ and got almost the same amount of votes as Romney when he lost in 2012.

Low voter turnout always benefits Republicans, that's why they worked so hard to disfranchise millions of US voters. I guess that's one way to steal an election, as long as you don't give a fuck about the US or its citizens.
    Donald Trump wins the popular vote by like 5-6% when you go by the average percentage for each candidate, which is actually relevant since we go by the Electoral College.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Donald Trump
    Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 million, and got around the same amount of votes as Romney when he lost in 2012.

Again, low voter turnout always benefits Republicans, which is why they worked so hard to disfranchise millions of US voters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I know they are dirty inferior scum
    Well he did have the uneducated vote on lockdown.

The Southern Strategy certainly helped build a coalition of bigots and morons for the votes Republicans couldn't outright steal.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Again, low voter turnout always benefits Republicans, which is why they worked so hard to disfranchise millions of US voters.
    So the highest density of engaged, committed, gonna-vote-no-matter-what participants in the civil society are voting against the Democrats? Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Donald Trump is elected President and will be a Great President
    If he does half of the stuff he has said he would, then no, he definitely won't

He will become president thou.

people thinking that Hillary still has a shot is delutional, and people thinking Obama might get 4 more years are just plain stupid.
    I've no idea what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    So
    I guess you missed the part where their strategy doesn't work without disfranchising millions of US citizens.

As long as you don't give a fuck about this country I'm sure you're perfectly fine with that.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I know they are dirty inferior scum compared to superior enlightened inhabitants of glorious Brooklyn or San Fran, but yes, that is how our electoral process works.
    He neither said nor implied this Theo.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    No he wont
    It's sure strange that you like Sylvanas, but not Trump. They have very similar core values.

I guess you missed the part where their strategy doesn't work without disfranchising millions of US citizens.

As long as you don't give a fuck about this country I'm sure you're perfectly fine with that.
    No, I'm just flatly rejecting the lunacy that is this notion that there are millions of people who want to vote who are genuinely being barred from doing so. Being turned off from voting, not being arsed to go vote, not being arsed to register or commit to making it happen... these are not disenfranchisement.

No, I'm just flatly rejecting the lunacy that is this notion that there are millions of people who want to vote who are genuinely being barred from doing so. Being turned off from voting, not being arsed to go vote, not being arsed to register or commit to making it happen... these are not disenfranchisement.
    Ludicrously crafted and enforced requirements for voting are though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Ludicrously crafted and enforced requirements for voting are though.
    I'm sure ludicrous ones would be, but entirely reasonable ones aren't. Like presenting a photo ID, something without which the 3rd standard deviation of people can't even function in daily life without a) having and b) presenting regularly, and for anyone else requires an expense of time and money equivalent to eating out three fewer times every 2-3 years.

I'm sure ludicrous ones would be, but entirely reasonable ones aren't. Like presenting a photo ID, something without which the 3rd standard deviation of people can't even function in daily life without a) having and b) presenting regularly, and for anyone else requires an expense of time and money equivalent to eating out three fewer times every 2-3 years.
    Texas doesn't accept student ID cards issued by state schools but accepts fire arm permits. There's really no ground to claim that these laws are crafted reasonably.

Hillary won't be president. Full Stop.

The most sensible move is for the EC to put in a sensible Republican candidate instead of Trump.

The likely thing will be that all the power brokers surrounding Trump will wait until the middle of next year and dump him (impeach him).

The whole world, republicans and democrats will all sing happy songs in unison even if a sane nutter like Pence becomes president.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Texas doesn't accept student ID cards issued by state schools but accepts fire arm permits. There's really no ground to claim that these laws are crafted reasonably.
    That's entirely reasonable given that a firearms permit is going to have required everything required (Real ID wise) to get a driver's license, or a passport card, etc, but a student ID, across the entire spectrum of academic institutions, may be issued as a matter of course based on widely different standards of verification, probably much more vulnerable to forgery, etc. I mean, you can get a novelty photo ID that calls you certified pimp, but that doesn't prove your identity in a reliable way. Why do you think you have to jump through mishigas like bringing mail and such to the DMV when you get your ID? It's so that the ID itself can be relied on as suitable proof... of suitable proof. Like, that you not only have it, but that you had to do something other than say "yep, that's me" and stand for the photo in order to obtain it.

If the Texas state legislature saw fit to require state schools to perform the same verification of ID required to get a DL or CWP or maybe a professional license recognized in the state, then I'd be all for student IDs from such schools being accepted. If you can just stroll up to a work-study employee at the registrar's office and be handed a photo ID on your say-so that you're Jeff Jefferston, not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Hillary won't be president. Full Stop.

The most sensible move is for the EC to put in a sensible Republican candidate instead of Trump.

The likely thing will be that all the power brokers surrounding Trump will wait until the middle of next year and dump him (impeach him).

The whole world, republicans and democrats will all sing happy songs in unison even if a sane nutter like Pence becomes president.
    The sensible thing is for electors to follow their mandate as determined by however their state deems they are to be chosen in the first place.

That's entirely reasonable
    Student IDs are used to verify identity for all kinds of private information. If they're good enough to get access to financial paperwork, they're good enough to verify identity.

But Texas Republicans were fine with gun owners voting, just not students.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is going to be President, barring him dying or actively refusing the post - even if he were to lose the electoral college vote, the election would be tossed into the House, which would (using the baroque "House elects the President" ruleset) certainly choose him.

Give up on the Trump-denial, acknowledge that you're living in the American version of 1930s Germany, and GTFO; if you choose to stay, realize that you're in for crazy ride like nothing all but the oldest living Americans have ever known.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)