Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What? Sorry. But did you really actually just write that with a straight face? I mean, you actually allowed enough cognitive process to occur to allow your fingers to type that, consider the post, and then hit reply?

This is Donald fucking Trump here. The man basically flat out lied his way to the presidency. His entire campaign was pretty much built on half truths, flat out lies, and telling people what they want to hear. Not telling them the truth, but simply telling them whatever would make them happy.

The level of cognitive dissonance that goes on in the head of the average Trumpist is mindboggling.
    What's even more mind boggling are the liberals that keep forgetting he is not in office yet lol. Just because you are the President elect doesn't mean you actually gain the power before you step into office......

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So the ones who don't need fake news to push their agenda are the ones who "can't handle the truth"? I lol'ed.
    Exactly always is that way. gotta wonder why some need fake news in the first place but pointing out which side cant get by without fake news will get you infracted on this site nowadays so i will let you guess which side cant get things done without fake news stories.,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    What's even more mind boggling are the liberals that keep forgetting he is not in office yet lol. Just because you are the President elect doesn't mean you actually gain the power before you step into office......

we will make sure he gets hell every damn day, you know just a payback of 8 years to give back, dont like it perhaps you should have treated obama with more respect just saying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    So tell me again about those tax returns.

He doesnt dare to release them since it will show he is no where near as rich as he have been claiming for years

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Your own senses play lots of tricks on you. This for example doesn't move:

But we can measure and fact check in many ways. So while opinions on facts are subjective (the same factual correct news will cause different reactions and conclusions in different people), there are facts that are always the same. Example:

The fact here is: This man is getting water from the soldier while a gun is pointed at his head. That's the fact. To think this good/bad is subjective.
    The first picture, although makes a very good point, isn't relative to what I was saying. Also, it is a fantastic picture. I love things that challenge the mind.

The second picture, on the other hand, is part of the point I was trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess us on the right find the whole fake news controversy hilarious because it's pretty clear it didn't make an impact on the election, and in comparison to news sources on both sides, it doesn't influence large groups of people. It's hypocritical to complain about fake news posts on facebook yet not call out the actual media at the same time, which clearly influences far more people.
    Do you think it didn't make any impact? Or just not enough to really matter? You have a lot more faith in people than I do because I'm not nearly as confident that the average joe really understands what's going on in his news feed.

Personally I think the MSM has a lot of problems as well, they constantly embellish, take things out of context, and hyperbolize but that's a separate issue. People can have problems with all types of media at once, being against fake or less mainstream news doesn't make you for mainstream news by default.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funniest thing I've seen about fake news so far was watching Fox News today say that it was an issue then immediately talk about liberal sites saying Trump would use the military to take over the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So what are you suggesting? That the liberals just ignore him while he practically pretends he is 100% officially President already? I mean, the dumbass nearly started an international incident with china, and he isn't even in the Whitehouse yet. Just because he is only president elect doesn't mean that pretty much every thing he does and every word out of his mouth wont be extensively analyzed by nearly every major foreign power. Unless a major upset or reversal happens and he somehow gets removed from position as president elect, literally everybody in the world is going to be looking at everything he does to get an idea about what they can expect when he actually takes office.

As far as anyone with a brain is concerned, he might as well BE president, the only thing he currently lacks the power to do is officially sign doccuments. Who the fuck cares, on an international scale, that Obama is still president for another couple of months. Trump and his merry band of morons will be setting policy for the next 4 years, minimum. That is where the important people are looking.

Pointing out that trump is not officially in office yet and implying that we shouldn't be concerned about it is kind of like pointing out that the drapes are on fire, but it's nothing to worry about because the rest of the house is fine at the moment.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2016-12-12 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Can't handle the truth?

On the campaign trail Trumpers were crying about pay to play, middle America, corruption in politics, transparency... all that good stuff.

After the election, they don't give a shit about any of that, and even cheer on much of it. It's pretty much the definition of concern trolling to pretend you care about something when you really don't.
    Pay to play was the most bizarre accusation regarding Clinton. What was their suggestion? She was selling access to the state department, in turn for donations to the Clinton Foundation? So she can vaccinate more kids in Africa?

My favourite was the fact that every time you turned around, they were screaming about Hillary's emails. The horror. The depravity. The conspiracy.

Less then a week after Trump wins the race? One of his potential picks for Sec State comes out as David Petraeus the fucking guy who was convicted of the pretty much the exact same goddamned crime that they kept harping on Clinton about. Except that it took them about 1 year to nail his ass to the wall and get him ousted from the CIA, while something like 5 years of investigation against Clinton never managed to turn up anything that could stick.

That kind of cognitive dissonance is simply mindblowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ehm... Or, you know, his mail was not hacked so you didn't get to see anything.
    The guy lied his way to the top.
    I mean this was the guy who refused to submit his tax returns but he was more transparent...

Are fake news stories more damaging to society than normal news that includes the following:

1. True stories told out of context to intentionally mislead.

2. Biased reporting that the media doesn’t realize is biased.

3. Giving a spotlight to people who are lying.

4. Misleading by putting emphasis on some things and not others.

5. True stories too complicated for the public to understand.

6. True reports of sources that happen to be lying but we don’t know it. (That gives you the Iraq war, for example.)

7. Having both sides represented when one side is clearly lying or wrong.

8. Simplification to the point of misleading.

9. Showing clear disdain for the opinions on one side but not the other.

Because this was all stuff that was going on prior to the "fake news epidemic" yet we are supposed to accept that this is an acute symptom instead of a chronic one? Doubtful.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Liberal hypocrisy, blaming anything but themselves, projection, and feels before reals? you don't say. Without those things there would be no liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    On the contrary, we're specifically discussing what you posted. Just not the part you'd rather we all fawn over.

So I'll just say it, you're a bad faith contrarian who played at being a liberal all election while taking reactionary positions on basically everything. Your analysis of liberals, liberal positions, and liberal desires are caricatures and its wholly irrelevant as to whether you believe them or not, as both reflect on your reasoning equally poorly.

Nothing is credible or reliable to you until its convenient for you, then you'll rest your entire claim on it.

Looking forward to our next chat Theo!
    I think you nailed it. Theo is an arsonist without principles to speak of.

- - - Updated - - -

w.r.t the thread, the way to fight fake news is through superior technology that targets them and public opinion, while simultaneously going after the outlets.

That takes time and money. Be patient. Let's just put it this way: the best and brightest don't exactly go for fork Patriot News Network or something (I just made that name up, I bet it's real though).

Edit: Shocking... it is. Christ these people are walking cliches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The arsonist part is spot on as she has a couple times in the past claimed she was just "tossing a molotov cocktail" by supporting Trump.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    Liberal hypocrisy, blaming anything but themselves, projection, and feels before reals? you don't say. Without those things there would be no liberals.
    The painful possibility that someone might have not been the Radiant Light unto the Nations of the Earth is apparently too much to bare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The arsonist part is spot on as she has a couple times in the past claimed she was just "tossing a molotov cocktail" by supporting Trump.
    Gonna be a bit personal here... but I think Theo lives with her mother still...? Not to draw attention to that, but it's very easy to live in a purely abstract political reality that justifies things like throwing molotov political cocktails, voting for Jill Stein and playing games with politics and so forth, when you're not paying taxes... when you don't have student debt / loans, or rely on healthcare from the government, or have a disabled family member, or a friend in the armed forces, or an elderly family member dependent on medicaid. It's very easy when there isn't much in the way of responsibilities.

I disagree with @ringpriest and @Wells on most things, but both are tremendously interesting posters to read because even when they have ticked me off with what they write (and they have, I'm only human) they've made me think about things, evaluate or re-evaluate my positions. I've even changed my mind a few times. I have no doubt that even though we disagree on many things, that they, and others who identify as liberals here want the best for this country and it's people. We may not agree on what that specifically is, but the principle of doing right by your fellow man is universal, left, right or center.

But these arsonists... these stupid kids who want to see things burn, who voted Trump because "he wasn't PC" or one reason or another... all I have to say is, it must be nice to be living in a constructed reality without consequences. In truth, the consequences of electing Trump are ghastly.

Don't get me wrong. I totally get the laid off 55 year old factory worker who voted for Trump because Democrats lacked a message for them and they said "maybe he'll give me a job" (saw a lot of that in 1 on 1 interviews pre-election day). I disagree with their vote... but I *get* that vote. They are expressing their political beliefs in a very functional way: they believe Trump will better the lives of them and their family. What's beyond the pale is these punks who use elections as extensions of what amounts to a nihilistic world view.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Yet, I didn't vote for Trump, and I said that is what the masses are doing by voting for him.

I quoted Michael Moore on that one who used similar language.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Skroe, this is were your lack of understanding really shines. I am honestly, truly, the thing you pretend to be. I am in every spiritual and literal sense of the word a Conservative.

You crave and desire a global American Imperium, I ask "Why? to what purpose and what right do we reshape the world in our image?"

You favor a big government that can spy on its citizens and do whatever it likes in the shadow, I shudder at the thought.

You are fine with power and the State, I in a very literal sense don't even want the federal government or any big institutions to exist. Heck when I think of smaller government I mean it in an almost literal sense, "Smaller States." Local rule, and would even think the average America State is a political unit too being to be worth existing.

To be honest I am truly skeptical of progress, not change since that is unavoidable but I do not believe in progress. Putting my whole mentality and world view in the Medieval period.

I seems strange, almost alien and incomprehensible because your self perception has you as the true blue Conservative, where as in a very spiritual sense, in an essential way I am the thing you pretend to be. To put it in simpler terms I am Anti-Enlightenment Progressivism and don't really by into Hagel's notion of Progress. In my view that either puts me so far off the political spectrum that makes me an almost incomprehensible alien being to most people.

But in the same notion I support groups doing things that seem liberal. Health care provided as a community right, communal and collective rights and responsibilities, and an idealization of the Israeli Kibbutz or the Village as it wer. Probably why Connal and Yvaelle put up with me is because ultimately we sort of favor the same kind of world, but walked incredibly different roads to get to it.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-12-12 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What? Sorry. But did you really actually just write that with a straight face? I mean, you actually allowed enough cognitive process to occur to allow your fingers to type that, consider the post, and then hit reply?

This is Donald fucking Trump here. The man basically flat out lied his way to the presidency. His entire campaign was pretty much built on half truths, flat out lies, and telling people what they want to hear. Not telling them the truth, but simply telling them whatever would make them happy.

The level of cognitive dissonance that goes on in the head of the average Trumpist is mindboggling.
    Which lies?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yet, I didn't vote for Trump, and I said that is what the masses are doing by voting for him.

I quoted Michael Moore on that one who used similar language.

- - - Updated - - -

Skroe, this is were your lack of understanding really shines. I am honestly, truly, the thing you pretend to be. I am in every spiritual and literal sense of the word a Conservative.
    You don't know the first thing about conservatism. You're describing a libertarian. They're profoundly different. The people who make that mistake, don't know what they're talking about and you need to stop pretending you do. You're not fooling anybody.

Saying I "pretend" to be a conservative is a joke. It just so happens that most of the issues we've commented on are ones where there is significant overlap between me and center-left and liberals. Opposing Donald Trump is in the _national_ interests. I'm an American before I'm a conservative and the mortal threat he represents means standing with our political opponents. It's one thing to bicker about the best way to spend tax dollars. It's quite another to stand for a President-elect who can't be fucked to even take his daily security briefing, and was, you know, a categorical sexual predator.

What to see my conservativsm? Let's talk about economics, or how we spend money as a country. Or the role of family. Or the role of traditions and history. Or the role of the States. But we don't. Because in 2016, the roving chaosmonster that is Donald J Trump is at issue, not things we would discuss in a normal presidential election year.

And the only "American Global Imperium" I want is the perpetuation of the Liberal Democratic world order since 1945 constructed by Republicans and Democrats alike.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    I can't wait for four years from now, when people on the right realize what an absolute fool your new president truly is.
    Most of the people on the right already realize this. They only voted for Trump because Clinton is worse. Of the group that actually thinks he's our nation's salvation, I suppose they'll find ways to justify everything bad that happens as being caused by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Most of the people on the right already realize this. They only voted for Trump because Clinton is worse. Of the group that actually thinks he's our nation's salvation, I suppose they'll find ways to justify everything bad that happens as being caused by someone else.
    I voted for Trump cause I liked trump. wanted to vote Clinton in 2008, and voted for Obama in 2012? Not everyone that voted Trump is a Righty.