Thread: The Division

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    what if the game is within 10% of what it had at launch, without actual numbers on how many numbers were playing then compared to now, also how do you know that at some point in 1.4 a similar number of daily users did play the game at some point, other than conjecture on a statement there is no evidence to back up if its a lie or not, in reality the game has plenty of players actively playing on the game.

I don't understand why people always focus on the negative aspects, some times people make mistakes, every single game company has made plenty of mistakes and still does even after many years.
    If the game is within 10% that statement is still lying. You don't make such statements without something to back it up.

They also once again did a fallow up statement even stating the original was "Misleading". Not only focused on the negative, just the other say I stated survival looked fun.

Doesn't mean I am going to ignore the negative when it happens.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If the game is within 10% that statement is still lying. You don't make such statements without something to back it up.

They also once again did a fallow up statement even stating the original was "Misleading". Not only focused on the negative, just the other say I stated survival looked fun.

Doesn't mean I am going to ignore the negative when it happens.
    You have absolutely no grounds to call it a "lie". They said there was a miscommunication. Not that it was "misleading", which you put in quotes even though it's NOT a quote.

A miscommunication like this was probably whoever had the stats on player activity saying they were "heading up to launch levels", or the like, rather than "currently at launch levels". And then this was accidentally strengthened in the original statement to the latter. It's not the big deal you apparently think; sometimes PR people make mistakes. That doesn't mean they're lying liars who need to be dragged over the coals.

I just ran the Lexington Event Center and - holy balls, talk about a difficulty spike! Went through the entire mission without a hitch until I hit the last room. Two elite LMG users with another grenade happy named elite boss? Left me with very few tactical options. I swear, the only reason I was able to complete it was because of Tactical Link and bursting one of them down. (Then running circles in cover while popping sawed off shots at the last one.)

There was a real stomach punch moment when I got greedy (after beating the elites) and died. Thankfully there was a checkpoint mid fight so I got to continue from there. (I'm glad I was able to finish it, but there is a part of me that feels like I "cheated" by not doing the whole event in one shot. It'd be like continuing a WoW boss fight from the phase you wiped at.)

On the subject of Tactical Link, do their cooldowns improve with gear? Because wasting a ~15m cooldown, dying, then not having it again really sucks.

The game was decently enjoyable at launch, yet heavily flawed. It sounds like rather than actually fix the core group gameplay/teamwork they just made the game easier and made Underground solo-friendly. Until such time that the tanking/suppression/flanking mechanic of group gameplay actually works properly, the game is still broken to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I just ran the Lexington Event Center and - holy balls, talk about a difficulty spike! Went through the entire mission without a hitch until I hit the last room. Two elite LMG users with another grenade happy named elite boss? Left me with very few tactical options. I swear, the only reason I was able to complete it was because of Tactical Link and bursting one of them down. (Then running circles in cover while popping sawed off shots at the last one.)

There was a real stomach punch moment when I got greedy (after beating the elites) and died. Thankfully there was a checkpoint mid fight so I got to continue from there. (I'm glad I was able to finish it, but there is a part of me that feels like I "cheated" by not doing the whole event in one shot. It'd be like continuing a WoW boss fight from the phase you wiped at.)

On the subject of Tactical Link, do their cooldowns improve with gear? Because wasting a ~15m cooldown, dying, then not having it again really sucks.
    The bossfight you mention, the encounter won't start unless you fire a shot, their RP is over or when you get really close. What I do is I just move to the right side of the floor, get in close, throw a incin grenade and start working on the heavy (and shoot his backpack). Once he's down, move to the left side of the room. The other heavy should be moving towards you but there are 2 gastanks near him. You can use them to your advantage.

You probably already found out but once the boss is out the 2nd wave of mobs spawns when the boss armor is about half gone. So I always clear all the 1st wave mobs before I start shooting at the boss.

You skills can be altered by higher skillpower and certain gear or weapon talents. Most of the talents require either headshots or kills in order to reduce cooldown timers. (Coolheaded, Determined, Dominant, Skilled, Trained. Skilled being the one more commonly used but requires a killing blow). The more skillpower you have, the shorter the cooldown timer is. An easy way of getting extra skillpower is by using a backpack with the Specialized talent.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You have absolutely no grounds to call it a "lie". That doesn't mean they're lying liars who need to be dragged over the coals.
    Yes I do and I did.

Your welcome to your opinion tho and as for getting dragged over the coals. Nope that would be a bit much but yes them saying that was lying. There fallow up statement was PR ass saving at its best.

Trust me there is MANYYYYYYYYYYYYYY other things I can drag them over the coals for when it comes to The Division. I will say tho this mode looks cool, not worth the $50 season pass I payed but still cool.

If this was a stand alone mode at release I would have just bought it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes I do and I did.

Your welcome to your opinion tho and as for getting dragged over the coals. Nope that would be a bit much but yes them saying that was lying. There fallow up statement was PR ass saving at its best.

Trust me there is MANYYYYYYYYYYYYYY other things I can drag them over the coals for when it comes to The Division. I will say tho this mode looks cool, not worth the $50 season pass I payed but still cool.

If this was a stand alone mode at release I would have just bought it.
    Why the hell would they make Survival a standalone game... That's just plain stupid.
    "Hey we made The Division but brace yourself, if you don't own Division yet we'll now release a stand-alone version of Survival for $15 that only gives you survival mode and nothing else! If you find Survival really awesome, then go purchase our full Division game for $40! You're welcome!"

How dumb would that be...
    You're just too cheap for not wanting to pick up the base game. You don't even know what the base game plays like but a certain game mode sparked your interest and now you want to buy only that piece of the game as a standalone for cheaps. It's like asking Blizzard "hey, that raid content is really cool and all, but I don't want your base game. I just want the raids as a standalone and nothing else.".
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    You're just too cheap for not wanting to pick up the base game. You don't even know what the base game plays like but a certain game mode sparked your interest and now you want to buy only that piece of the game as a standalone for cheaps. It's like asking Blizzard "hey, that raid content is really cool and all, but I don't want your base game. I just want the raids as a standalone and nothing else.".
    Come again?

Oh wait u came into the thread and didn't realise I been posting about this game since before release. I owned the base game (traded it in) and own the season pass (Only season pass I bought day 1 besides GoW SP's). I left right before the 2nd raid got released. But ya clearly I never played the base game or know anything about it.

Isn't like I commented in this thread MANYYYYYYYYY times. Hell I platinum the dam thing a week after its release.

But do go on about me not playing the base game. Feel free to eat some cow while I kill more cows in Runescape Removed the tag because it shows my real name But if u want ill add you on PSN to prove it even more.

My point was if this was the base game and they built on it day 1 I would have enjoyed The Division a lot more. I would even been happy to buy it standalone.

The Season Pass didn't deliver on its price and this barely makes up for that. Looks fun as hell and I will be getting me a cheap used copy to play it. But if I didn't buy the season pass before this wouldn't get me to buy it now.

But like I said feel free to eat some cow while I kill cows in Runescape
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-12 at 09:55 AM.

The bossfight you mention, the encounter won't start unless you fire a shot, their RP is over or when you get really close. What I do is I just move to the right side of the floor, get in close, throw a incin grenade and start working on the heavy (and shoot his backpack). Once he's down, move to the left side of the room. The other heavy should be moving towards you but there are 2 gastanks near him. You can use them to your advantage.
    Hmm, interesting. I've always operated on the principle that the high ground is best, so I didn't even bother trying to drop down to the bottom floor. I didn't consider using environmental hazards to my advantage (d'oh). I know about the weakspot on their backpacks, but - from my position - I didn't have a good angle at them, especially while being shot at.

Curious, how long does it take you to kill an elite? I suppose it's also important to ask if that's while at max level or while leveling with crappy gear.

You probably already found out but once the boss is out the 2nd wave of mobs spawns when the boss armor is about half gone. So I always clear all the 1st wave mobs before I start shooting at the boss.
    Yep, that I did!

You skills can be altered by higher skillpower and certain gear or weapon talents. Most of the talents require either headshots or kills in order to reduce cooldown timers. (Coolheaded, Determined, Dominant, Skilled, Trained. Skilled being the one more commonly used but requires a killing blow). The more skillpower you have, the shorter the cooldown timer is. An easy way of getting extra skillpower is by using a backpack with the Specialized talent.
    It wasn't until I was almost lvl20 that I found out skillpower reduced cooldowns, and that was because I saw a video about how to get First Aid's cooldown down to ~6.5 seconds. It wasn't even a major topic, just a throwaway comment somewhere. It suddenly made sense why my CDs were always ever so slightly shorter than the base values.

Good to know on those talents. I'm still leveling, so I'm only lvl23 at this point, so I haven't encountered any of those yet, nor have I bothered trying to reroll (recalibrate?) any of my existing gear for them. Past MMO experience has trained me not to sweat leveling gear and only worry about optimizing at max level. I also haven't bothered to try figuring out if (like WoW) you need different amounts of skillpower to reduce the cooldowns of abilities as you level, or if it's a flat curve. (Same goes for armor.)

Also, The Division seems to have some really gnarly stacking issues. Stacking recharge speed buffs? Drop that 45s heal down to 6.5 seconds. Stack armor and damage resistance buffs to achieve exponentially strong toughness. Craziness!

Hmm, interesting. I've always operated on the principle that the high ground is best, so I didn't even bother trying to drop down to the bottom floor. I didn't consider using environmental hazards to my advantage (d'oh). I know about the weakspot on their backpacks, but - from my position - I didn't have a good angle at them, especially while being shot at.
    You kinda make it harder than it is. You can just shoot both heavies with a sniperrifle from the door. Before they reach you, both are dead and you take next to no damage. Kill the enemies on the ground and then either the next wave or boss first.

Curious, how long does it take you to kill an elite? I suppose it's also important to ask if that's while at max level or while leveling with crappy gear.
    Well the game starts at max level, everything below that isnt really heavily balanced. At 30 and with a full tank offensive shield build I need about 1 (snipers) to 3s (heavies) to kill an elite with 300k dps.

Also, The Division seems to have some really gnarly stacking issues. Stacking recharge speed buffs? Drop that 45s heal down to 6.5 seconds. Stack armor and damage resistance buffs to achieve exponentially strong toughness. Craziness!
    No issues, these are actually builds. Getting the heal to 6s CD requires some good and optimized gear. Pure healer build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    No issues, these are actually builds. Getting the heal to 6s CD requires some good and optimized gear. Pure healer build.
    Depends on the build :P

I am rocking a shield build using Tactician's Authority 3-set on one of my guys. Stacking electronics, skill haste from the set, and Coolheaded on my pistol (5% reduced CD per headshot), I can still pretty much perma spam heal. My gear is very far from optimized because I have had quite literally the worst luck possible farming Tactician's Authority pieces... I have gotten like five or six pieces among the last thousand items I have seen dropped.

But yeah, I use the backpack that allows you to heal your deployed equipment, so I the shield is more or less invincible and so am I, so long as I don't get flanked or have a grenade land behind the shield. Wouldn't exactly call it a heal build or a pure healer.

Shield builds are pretty OP right now though, it blocks everything, even flame throwers and shit like that.

If you want to play with the shield, tacticans is not really needed or that good at all. With D3-FNC and a good SMG you can easily dish out 300k+ while still being near unkillable. As backback I use a golden one with 200% and for my chest a berserker one (dunno the name, one with +dmg/taken). Shield is assault and performance mod +damage. The reason you don't need the backback for healing is the talent that heals group members and proxies (shield is a proxy) for 40% of total hp.

With this offensive Shield build I can solo everything but incursions. Only downside is that this is so easy it feels like cheating.

Tacticans is more suited for sticky oneshot builds and the like.

Deleted
    Tacticans works very well with seeker mines + shield and a cool-headed 93R (or just a normal pistol), but seeker mines are a little buggy... sometimes they won't explode, which means your cooldown won't refresh (even if you use coolheaded) because for some reason, they decided seeker mines neet to be special and are not allowed to get cooldown reduction when it's active.

They burst for quite a lot, deal amazing dot damage (I have still to understand what makes bleed damage scale, but tacticans seeker bleeds for 35k+++ etc. Which is quite a lot because you'll probably end up hitting ~4-6 NPCs. The mines themselves also hit hard, I don't exactly remember the number but it should be over 100k. Not sure if the shield increases skilldamage too, because it says +x% "damage "and not +x% "weapon damage", if it doesn't, put 4 resilience mods in it, since they work even if they shoot you in the back and not the shield. Free 20% mitigation.

Seeker mine Bleed heals you if you have the 5% skilldamage backpack... and the Seeker mines themselves too of course. Since you'll be dropping one every ~5-6 seconds (if they don't bug out), that's quite a lot and should keep you @ 100%.
    Ah, and use the ones that split-up into 6 little ones.

If you want to play with the shield, tacticans is not really needed or that good at all. With D3-FNC and a good SMG you can easily dish out 300k+ while still being near unkillable. .
    300k+ as in Character sheet DPS? While that is achievable, (and it's a strong build that is easy to play with) it's sadly not comparable to a 300k+ Character sheet DPS - Alphabridge not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The game was decently enjoyable at launch, yet heavily flawed. It sounds like rather than actually fix the core group gameplay/teamwork they just made the game easier and made Underground solo-friendly. Until such time that the tanking/suppression/flanking mechanic of group gameplay actually works properly, the game is still broken to me.
    Pretty much this... it's kinda sad because me and my friends are currently playing with the cover-to-cover move talents (damage increase, healing - which is bugged btw... massive) and it's so much fun. You can easily go up close and kill them right now or use minimalistic amounts of cover to reload, because it's "that" easy... but if you actually use the flanking routes and talents that encourage it, the game did become more fun to play. It's effective and it's just a shame that the enemies, mechanics and skills are not specialized enough to make it mandatory.

That's how I imagined The Division. Tank (ballistic)/support/sniper/flank meta. Sadly. It's basically 4 DPS GW2 style. Shields work now, but it's just making your OWN life easier, it doesn't really benefit your teammates a lot, because depending on the player using the shield, he'll block 50% of your bullets with it and the threat mechanic doesn't even work properly.

I'm kinda blaming consoles for this, on top of the game devs of course. 2 skill-limit is ridicilous, the UI and Inventory is horrible, even the double tapping for using skills instantly is horribly implemented. Lot's of features to make it controlabler for consoles, that just feel awkward and out of place for PC players. The biggest gripe I have with this game is that you basically need ~400.000 toughness (if you aren't using a shield) and you can't specialize into something else... makes both Firearms and Skillpower useless, especially Firearms scales absolutely HORRIBLY.

1 firearms = ~1,4 dmg (absolute numbers).. that's it. The worst thing is, the game describes it as 1 firearms = 1% weapondamage (see Diablo main stats).
    That's simply not true.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-13 at 10:25 PM.

Tacticans + cluster seeker is indeed good. Very effective in pvp.
    The bug is annoying, but its not something special about seeker. While skills are active (or bugged) they dont go on cooldown. Otherwise you could use coolheaded to get unlimited ballistic shields or turrets etc. If this counted the named chestpiece (Barret) would be even more overpowered.
    Edit: but strangely you can use the support station + Tech Support talent to get unlimited skill use.

I think I will start farming the championship knee pads + last measure for a nade spamming build. Right now I am really bored of the shield build and alpha is not fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    300k+ as in Character sheet DPS? While that is achievable, (and it's a strong build that is easy to play with) it's sadly not comparable to a 300k+ Character sheet DPS - Alphabridge not even close.
    Well you cant really see the actual dps of shields builds cause when you try to look it up the character puts the shield (with bonus) away...
    My MP5 is at 240k dps and shield gives 30%+, so it should be over 300k. Could go higher as im sitting on 5k firearms and 7k stamina, but this is fine for me.
    Last edited by Shanden; 2016-12-13 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    I guess Signature skills are different to normal skills then, and I'm pretty sure that I can use Pulse and if I kill enough people I can use it again before it wears off.
    Signature skills with the extension + reduction talent on weapons start to refil even if they are up.
    So does pulse.
    Healing Station or Seeker mines on the other hand not. It seems to be random for some balance reasons or something like that.

Well you cant really see the actual dps of shields builds cause when you try to look it up the character puts the shield (with bonus) away...
    My MP5 is at 240k dps and shield gives 30%+, so it should be over 300k. Could go higher as im sitting on 5k firearms and 7k stamina, but this is fine for me.
    I know, it's just that it's missing so many things, even if you get Pulse from someone else, you are still lacking crit% and other damage because you need optimal range to get the full benefit out of SMGs (it's really worth it and also needed for SMGs to be comparable to ARs)

On top of that, no +20%++ Armor damage from using Assault Rifles.
    No additional talents from Alphabridge and no +5% weapondamage from the set itself, etc. etc.

The +30~36% weapon damage you can get from using Shield+Performance mod counters that somewhat, but it's still not close.

With the same level of care and average-highend itemlevel/optimizing, you'll be looking at ~80ks hits for the SMG (if you are at max damage output range) compared to ~130k AR hits. (headshots/crits and in PvE of course.) You could go higher for both builds but that's probably what most people are looking at.

80k hits however is more than enough for PvE content right now. So it's still freaking amazing/good.

I think I will start farming the championship knee pads + last measure for a nade spamming build. Right now I am really bored of the shield build and alpha is not fun at all.
    I'm currently thinking about using a Predator build with DMR/Sniper and the Bleed-debuff spread talent (does it work with the set?)
    Too bad you can't combine it with the 4p Deadeye, it could get some serious bleed numbers going that are also easy to apply.

The thing is, it'll probably not work because Massive made enemies not tanky enough to survive 10 DMR hits..
    which means I'd have to use a pistol or AR, which would just be inferior to a different build since 10 AR hits worth of Bleed are not going to touch Alpha in any way, and doesn't have the benefit of being invincible when you use the Frontline Set.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-13 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play with the shield, tacticans is not really needed or that good at all. With D3-FNC and a good SMG you can easily dish out 300k+ while still being near unkillable. As backback I use a golden one with 200% and for my chest a berserker one (dunno the name, one with +dmg/taken). Shield is assault and performance mod +damage. The reason you don't need the backback for healing is the talent that heals group members and proxies (shield is a proxy) for 40% of total hp.

With this offensive Shield build I can solo everything but incursions. Only downside is that this is so easy it feels like cheating.

Tacticans is more suited for sticky oneshot builds and the like.
    1. Everything can already solo everything but incursions, that was the point of 1.4.

2. With Tactician's and a coolheaded pistol you ARE unkillable you can hit first aid every few seconds and have permanent uptime on the damage/resilience buff.

The most you have to look out for are Rioter/Cleaner rushers because they are melee. Neither of them can kill you , they are just incredibly annoying if they get onto you because their hits stagger you preventing you from shooting while you do the animations. Literally no "normal" enemy can hurt you (by normal I mean not incursion artillery, etc). I am being literal. You cannot die.

But yeah I likewise can't solo incursions with this build, but its not due to lack of damage or tankyness. Its because of the artillery/RC cars. The artillery from Clear Sky/Falcon Lost hits right through the shield and the RC cars in Dragon's Nest constantly have me on fire.

The fire from them doesn't do much damage and the shield blocks the initial explosion, but while on fire I can't use first aid or shoot, so I just chill there slowly burning to death. I would wager that if I ever get a Ferro's Oxygen Mask (which lets you do things while on fire), Dragon's Nest would easily be soloable with this shield build, any shield build probably. I am also pretty trash at this game (if PvP is any indicator of skill), I would think a "good" player wouldn't even need Ferro's Mask and could just kill/dodge the RC cars. I have trouble with killing them since the enemies usually bunch up around me and if I am not instantly shooting them the second they come out, it gets close enough to still get me in the fire and I never seem to dodge roll far enough to avoid catching on fire.

But with the mods on my pistol, the damage buff from the shield and the perma buff from booster shot, the 35% increased headshot damage with sidearm from gloves, damage from the chest, etc... My pistol's head shots are hitting for ~200k+ and regularly crit, and you can shoot as fast as you can click... Virtually every shot is going to be a head shot too, pistols have no recoil and far better accuracy than SMGs, even at moderate range, though you still want to get in close since their optimal range is like within 20 yards or something and the damage falls off beyond that.

And like I said earlier this is all with horribly optimized gear since I have been incredibly unlucky getting my gear together to try this build... I only have enemy armor damage on one piece of gear, elite damage on two pieces, etc... It is FAR from min/maxed.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-12-14 at 08:43 PM.

I would imagine people posting here already have it but just in case. free weekend for pc, starting tomorrow

http://blog.ubi.com/division-play-free-weekend-pc/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I would imagine people posting here already have it but just in case. free weekend for pc, starting tomorrow

http://blog.ubi.com/division-play-free-weekend-pc/
    And sale. $45 for the gold version isn't bad at all. Totally plan on playing it this weekend, and if I can't score a free copy from a friend I'll likely pick it up.

Gave it a try during the free weekend. Seemed fun, but performance was poop.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Thus far seems like a pretty generic third person, cover shooter but I will keep playing a bit more.