Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    --snip--
    Your clearly not getting the point I was making and I know what the PEGI system is, Its the UK version of the ESRB system and I know how both work just fine thx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Except if we use your logic then HG never lied about multiplayer being included in NMS as their are online interactions. You can't have it both ways. Either it is multiplayer which means that your earlier statements about NMS lying are false since it includes Multiplayer. Or the online interactions are not multiplayer because NMS lied about including multiplayer.
    Ya they still lied because he went into DETAIL on what Multiplayer features was in the game.

He said you could Pvp
    He said the only way you could see urself is if another player seen you and showed you.
    He said you could meet up with other players but the chances are slim.

NONE of that is in the game.

So yes he lied about how the Multiplayer worked.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-12 at 04:14 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya they still lied because he went into DETAIL on what Multiplayer features was in the game.
    Right but the box wouldn't have had to been changed since according to you online interaction is multiplayer. That means that your entire theory that the box was changed because of missing features is false and proven false from you. Because according to you that PEGI icon was removed because multiplayer doesn't exist. Why would they have to remove the multiplayer icon from the box if as you say "online interaction" is a form of multiplayer?

It is funny to how now the argument is he lied about how multiplayer worked. Earlier it was that multiplayer wasn't in the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The game released WITHOUT multiplayer. That is lying to your community about your product.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

If you know well how it works, then how do you explain the 6 examples in the post just above yours, that all shows that your idea of "the badge was removed because multiplayer was removed" doesn't match PEGI criteria for game ratings, and is nothing but pure speculation?
    Not once did I say it was removed just because of the Multiplayer part. As a matter of fact I even stated it was due to the PEGI rating changing....

To quote myself...
    The PEGI rating was not the only Incorrect description and Sony's statement was to protect there ass from False Advertisement since they are the ones who produced the box. So my early'er statement still stands.
    You would have a argument if I ever said it was the only reason and I didn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That means that your entire theory that the box was changed because of missing features is false and proven false from you.
    Nvm replying to you is pointless.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-12 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The symbol in question means “Online Gameplay – Game can be played online”, I assume it was removed because there is no online gameplay unlike Sean was claiming that would have, even going as far as comparing it’s “multiplayer experience” to the one from Dark Souls, where you can trade, pvp, co-op, voice-chat and so on… and before we jump into the "Oh but we can share basic information with other players!", yeah, in spore you can share your own creatures with other players, still not a multiplayer game =/
    Yeah that's like saying games with leaderboards are automatically multiplayer games.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I read what haters write the more it's apparent to me that hate comes from ignorance
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wow. People actually talking about the game! Since Foundation I haven't seen much water, although the slow pace of survival means I only have experienced a handful of planets, all barren ice worlds with one desert.
    You're lucky...i need to find an iceworld for the stage of development im in as they have a particular resource, but my last 5 planets were. 4 desert and 1 lifeless! >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why, but it took me reaaaallly long to get to my first cold planet, I had a lot of big upgrades when I did so I didn't even notice at first when I was on it. Then I saw a storm warning and noticed that despite my gear my protection was going down in maybe 30 seconds, was around -120°C. Most planets I found before were toxic/radioactive or those mixed ones with nothing extreme.

Still haven't tried survival though, not really my kind of game mode, I enjoy facerolling the game and just looking at beautiful things.

I actually still don't know anything about which resources are found where (despite a bit too many hours wandering around), is there any good website on this? Looked a bit but couldn't find anything good.
    Yeah, survival isn't for you =). You have to WALK everywhere so as not to deplete your life support (which is now only chargeable with thammium9, always on the lookout for the nearest shelter because no planet will let you last for a whole minute without recharging your environmental protection. Pirates are bad, I'm currently in a terrible situation where pirates chased me to the planets surface (because fighting them with an unupgraded ship is impossible) where the sentinels are aggressive. If I stay in a cave long enough for my protection to recharge, a sentinel finds me =(. Considering how launch thrusters take a full charge of plutonium (which is now very rare) and shelters are much more sparse, idk what I can even do.

Sooo....

Hello Games is now hiring people to write, test, and program for No Mans Sky future content..

So to those out there who are still angry about a VIDEO GAME (rather than moving on with their lives) go on...apply...and see if you can do better.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh I see, fair enough then.

By this logic, most of normal gamers can't complain about any game, ever... because they can't do a better video game by themselves o.O;
    ... and again, most complains about this game, are not even really about the game itself, but about the stuff that the lead-dev said about it that in the end didn't match the reality of it =/
    The point is there is no real need to be angry over the game anymore.

It's done and over with. At this point the dead horse has been beaten into a fine red paste.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Sooo....

Hello Games is now hiring people to write, test, and program for No Mans Sky future content..

So to those out there who are still angry about a VIDEO GAME (rather than moving on with their lives) go on...apply...and see if you can do better.
    I don't think you understand why people hated this game so much. People were excited for it because of how much it was hyped and what was shown and promised before launch. Hell, even I was. When the game came out it was buggy as all hell, things they said were in the game were not there, and just a general lack of content and lets not forget that "amazing" ending.

I don't have the game nor have I played it yet but I've seen lots of reviews and gameplay footage including the ending and let me say even I felt offended by it and I didn't even play the game it was that bad. I'm glad I didn't buy into the hype. I was suspicious of it right from the start. I remember I asked before it came out about what you're actually doing and if there is any sort of plot line or purpose and I never really got an answer other than "it's a gathering game" which I couldn't fully believe given it's full $60 price. I was thinking there had to be more than that but...there wasn't.

So in summary people are pissed because they spent $60 on a bunch of lies.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is there is no real need to be angry over the game anymore.

It's done and over with. At this point the dead horse has been beaten into a fine red paste.
    I also agree with this though. I feel like this game is such old news anymore and should be laid to rest. What's done is done. Water under the bridge.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-12-12 at 05:48 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I don't think you understand why people hated this game so much. People were excited for it because of how much it was hyped and what was shown and promised before launch. Hell, even I was. When the game came out it was buggy as all hell, things they said were in the game were not there, and just a general lack of content and lets not forget that "amazing" ending.

I don't have the game nor have I played it yet but I've seen lots of reviews and gameplay footage including the ending and let me say even I felt offended by it and I didn't even play the game it was that bad. I'm glad I didn't buy into the hype. I was suspicious of it right from the start. I remember I asked before it came out about what you're actually doing and if there is any sort of plot line or purpose and I never really got an answer other than "it's a gathering game" which I couldn't fully believe given it's full $60 price. I was thinking there had to be more than that but...there wasn't.

So in summary people are pissed because they spent $60 on a bunch of lies.
    Here's the thing...

Leading up to the games release I saw no hype other than that from people, not the devs...I honesty knew nothing about the game other than: Go explore, see stuff...and that is it. I literally got exactly what I expected of the game based on what little knowledge I had about it from early interviews for the game. To me it was pretty much a blind buy, I knew next to nothing about it but was curious as to what it was. Was I disappointed? Yeah, but was I ANGRY? Nope...

So where was all this hype coming from? I seriously want to know. It feels like it was everyone but Sony and Hello Games was creating the hype. I literally hadn't heard anyone even MENTION No Mans Sky until about a week before release. It feels as if people got themselves hyped up. I not once saw an advertisement for the game, and nearly no mentions of it from most websites I frequent (I avoid sites like IGN and the like as....well they are known for bias and hyping up garbage). Most of the time I only heard about it in passing like: "Oh hey, you remember that game that's coming out about space exploration?"

Cut content and the like....that is nothing new to the industry it happens all the time (still sucks, but it's a fact of life that it happens). It's not uncommon for AAA titles to be missing promised content, or for them to deliver a $60 half-finished game that they sell you the rest of later (or purposely cut out just SO they can charge you for it later). So why is NMS the one that people hate on compared to the ones produced by the big developers who should know better by now. Devs like Capcom who released things like MVC3 and SF5 in basically unfinished states? Devs like Bungie for gutting the story out of their game just so they can sell DLC expansions? Or what about devs like Infinity Ward constantly releasing practically the game game every year for $60 without really offering much over the previous title?

My point is...shit like this happens all the time, HG and NMS is nothing new.

Honestly, I think the Mighty No.9 controversy is worthy of more attention than NMS. People seem to have forgotten that they raised over $4 million in crowdfunding only to go and get a publisher to fund them even MORE and still delivered a hot pile of shit. Unlike NMS Mighty No.9 actually stole peoples money that they didn't actually need (again...they got a publisher, they didn't need to crowdfund!) and it was revealed later that the guy behind it had nearly nothing to actually do with MegaMan besides art.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So where was all this hype coming from? I seriously want to know.
    Man please I beg you, dont ask stuff like this. There will be half a dozen users now that will link the same videos over and over again now for the next 5 pages to answer that showing you how Murray said A, B and C. Same videos linked over and over in the past 100 pages...

Cut content and the like....that is nothing new to the industry it happens all the time (still sucks, but it's a fact of life that it happens). It's not uncommon for AAA titles to be missing promised content, or for them to deliver a $60 half-finished game that they sell you the rest of later (or purposely cut out just SO they can charge you for it later). So why is NMS the one that people hate on compared to the ones produced by the big developers who should know better by now. Devs like Capcom who released things like MVC3 and SF5 in basically unfinished states? Devs like Bungie for gutting the story out of their game just so they can sell DLC expansions? Or what about devs like Infinity Ward constantly releasing practically the game game every year for $60 without really offering much over the previous title?
    I see people rightfully complaining about this shit all the time, calling someone a CoD player is an insult nowadays. The difference is you aren't someone who defends those other games, but now that it's the game you enjoy, you don't want to see it criticized. If people stopped attempting to fight to the death to defend their precious NMS, the argument would have ended a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Honestly, I think the Mighty No.9 controversy is worthy of more attention than NMS. People seem to have forgotten that they raised over $4 million in crowdfunding only to go and get a publisher to fund them even MORE and still delivered a hot pile of shit. Unlike NMS Mighty No.9 actually stole peoples money that they didn't actually need (again...they got a publisher, they didn't need to crowdfund!) and it was revealed later that the guy behind it had nearly nothing to actually do with MegaMan besides art.
    MN9 topics tend to be pretty quiet because there aren't people who have had their heads in the proverbial sand when it comes to video game news defending it with their ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    MN9 topics tend to be pretty quiet because there aren't people who have had their heads in the proverbial sand when it comes to video game news defending it with their ignorance.
    See I'll openly admit NMS was a fuck up and didn't deliver.

I just don't see the point in being angry about it when there are companies who have done much...much worse.

Then again I lived through Peter Moleneux and all his BS sooo....I guess I'm just numb to this sort of stuff now.

See I'll openly admit NMS was a fuck up and didn't deliver.
    And I have not suggested you said otherwise. I accused you of being clueless of video game news coverage, seeing as how NMS hype was everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    NMS hype was everywhere.

This game would have been just another indie early access game otherwise.

Anyone remember this gem?

Not sure why, but it took me reaaaallly long to get to my first cold planet, I had a lot of big upgrades when I did so I didn't even notice at first when I was on it. Then I saw a storm warning and noticed that despite my gear my protection was going down in maybe 30 seconds, was around -120°C. Most planets I found before were toxic/radioactive or those mixed ones with nothing extreme.

Still haven't tried survival though, not really my kind of game mode, I enjoy facerolling the game and just looking at beautiful things.

I actually still don't know anything about which resources are found where (despite a bit too many hours wandering around), is there any good website on this? Looked a bit but couldn't find anything good.
    That's my thoughts as well - and that's not to say the normal game hasn't been made MUCH more difficult than launch! Indeed resources are far scarcer, and all the green easy-to-suck-up crystals are so far absent. I'm getting a little worried that we're not going to see ocean planets though for the same reason we don't see jagged hilly planets anymore, to flatten it out more. Indeed all I found were a few glorified ponds that shockingly also had some life in them (albeit a bit crowded).

As for a website, so far not so much as it's drowned out by the "ZOMG New founders patch" google searches still. From what I can tell there's a special type of resource on specific kinds of climates (Desert, Chilled, ect) and a few other extras like the cave plants, coperite that the creatures now poop out, ect... Don't know where to find a list of them all though - usually when you need them in the main base/freighter follower "quests" they will tell you where to find them. So far Ive been collecting any oddball ones I find, just to save so I don't go looking again. >_<