Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Orgrimmar needs an update

Stormwind has slowly gotten cleaned up, but Orgrimmar is still littered with things left over from Garrosh's time as Warchief. Maybe it's just me, but I'm ready to put that chapter behind me and see things updated for the Horde too.

It's just me, isn't it?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

A visual update? No, Orgrimmar doesn't really need that. Only thing visual, if at all, would be to upgrade the Goblin area out of slums and into proper buildings, and perhaps add in a small Pandaren village area. But overall visuals? No, they're fine.

I'd much rather that move facilities things to their old locations, like putting the bank back in the center and shifting the leader back into the rear of the city again.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Deleted
    Its a reminder of what happened so it wont happen again. (it will)

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Stormwind has slowly gotten cleaned up, but Orgrimmar is still littered with things left over from Garrosh's time as Warchief. Maybe it's just me, but I'm ready to put that chapter behind me and see things updated for the Horde too.

It's just me, isn't it?
    why would they update something that isnt going to be a main hub anymore?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Orgrimmar needs to be razed to the ground. And I'm playing horde :P.

Blizzard just needs to stop sending us there everytime we want to use the auction house. I'd rather we move on than waste resources to decorate the place..

Im more interested in Undercity getting a revamp and becomming the capital while Sylvannas is in power. We need something new and fresh after being at Org for so long.

I don't want to 'move on' from a main city, I don't think every one of them needs to be grand and amazing, but he's sort of right. Stormwind has gotten it's 'fixes' since Cata and Org still has all it's half built buildings and almost totally unused areas.

It's not as if these things would take insane amounts of time, but I've always liked having a PLACE you think of when you think of a particular race or faction. It would be nice if both factions had one that was grand and kept up to date. Silvermoon is very nice, but it's also like a TBC time capsule.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    would rather have updated thunderbluff, silvermoon or undercity honestly. I doubt it will ever happen but ive seen Orgrimmar for a long long time. Would be interesting to see a capital change.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it'd be nice to fix orgrimmar and restore it to it's former pre-dictatorship look, it's so ugly and uncomfortable nowadays. It used to be so nice with the humble wood buildings everywhere and it was also more practical (zeppelins are a pain to get to on non-flying characters nowadays). It'd also be nice to give trolls, goblins and pandas some more space for proper housing.

But honestly, I think it's actually better to shift the focus to undercity and give that town some upgrades.
    In vanilla all alliance players hung out in ironforge, now after all the updates they hang out in stormwind, so why not have horde players shift places aswell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Deleted
    Hmmm, i don't mind most of it...
    but the slums should be cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Im more interested in Undercity getting a revamp and becomming the capital while Sylvannas is in power. We need something new and fresh after being at Org for so long.
    Interesting choice of words for Undercity...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post
    Yeah, it'd be nice to fix orgrimmar and restore it to it's former pre-dictatorship look, it's so ugly and uncomfortable nowadays. It used to be so nice with the humble wood buildings everywhere and it was also more practical (zeppelins are a pain to get to on non-flying characters nowadays). It'd also be nice to give trolls, goblins and pandas some more space for proper housing.

But honestly, I think it's actually better to shift the focus to undercity and give that town some upgrades.
    In vanilla all alliance players hung out in ironforge, now after all the updates they hang out in stormwind, so why not have horde players shift places aswell?
    I doubt many of us would preffer to hang out in a depressing crypt...
    Who actually hangs out in SW? O.o
    I was under the impression both factions kinda migrated to the new Dalaran.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-12-12 at 08:33 AM.

Orgrimmar needs an overhaul. It was bad from the beginning.

UUUmmmmmm, no. Its been updated 1200 times while Stormwind has been updated twice.

Considering how long it took them to finally remove that hole in the ground they left after Cata, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Deleted
    since it looks like a dump anyways, no matter how many times it is updated. goblin prince should start to use it as dumpyard... we could have new capital in Azshara, there's royalties, lots of gold and gadgets, what else would you want? all we need is huge catapult to throw all the garbage into Orgrimmar. Sylvanas probably agrees - there will be lots of dead orcs to ressurect. win-win

10+ Year Old Account
    As you know <name>, Garrosh has relegated the Goblins of Orgrimmar to the western outskirts of the city. Fortunately, that means that we have easy access to their supplies. I am working on a large batch of jambalaya for the infantry and I need as much rice as possible. Lucky for us, the Goblins keep it stored in barrels near their structures. Retrieve these barrels of Kezan rice for me and I should be able to finish up.
    Orgrimmar is still littered with stuff like this, Stormwind ... the Alliance have crabs.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I doubt many of us would preffer to hang out in a depressing crypt...
    Who actually hangs out in SW? O.o
    I was under the impression both factions kinda migrated to the new Dalaran.
    I actually spent roughly half my hanging-out-in-capital-cities time in UC instead of orgrimmar back in vanilla. Undercity is cozy. Not as cozy as old orgrimmar, but a lot more cozy than new shitty orgrimmar.

And sure, most people are in the neutral capitals nowadays, but that does not mean the faction-specific ones are empty. With wrath we all thought "it's gonna be neutral capitals from now until forever" but then cataclysm did bring faction capitals back.

The stormwind part is just what the alliance players I know tell me, that in vanilla it was mostly ironforge and nowadays they hang out in stormwind more than ironforge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Orgrimmar needs to be razed to the ground. And I'm playing horde :P.

Blizzard just needs to stop sending us there everytime we want to use the auction house. I'd rather we move on than waste resources to decorate the place..
    You do realize you can go to any Capital city, Shat, BB, Gadget, or Everlook to use the AH? As of 1.9 all capital cities had AHs and as of 6.2 all AHs are merged.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You do realize you can go to any Capital city, Shat, BB, Gadget, or Everlook to use the AH? As of 1.9 all capital cities had AHs and as of 6.2 all AHs are merged.
    So instead of fixing the problem at its core... your advice would be to go someplace else? And did you honestly think that no one "thought" about changing their main hub?

Its like those people that tell you: If you don't like X, don't do it.... Meanwhile there are countless ways to optimise X and its experience. But no... "just don't do it" seems smart....

I like Stormwind, especially now with the park fixed. But yeah I've seen it enough. I've seen Ironforge enough too. I've seen the MoP hub far too often now. So screw that.

So where should I as an alliance player go? Especially where there are actually all the portals.
    I still like all the Cata portals. And portals to TBC and MoP. So... I guess I am stuck with SW.

On topic: Orgrimmar I dislike so much. Yeah its the WCIII theme. Yeah I know. But I don't want to live like a pauper in the mid with crude "art" buildings. Fuck that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some may think I have my nostalgia glasses on but I don't care, I liked old Org alot better, even though visually it looked clunky and primitive I liked to jump around on roofs and the cave that lead to the Cleft of Shadows and other side of Org. I miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    It does make sense now the Dark Lady is in charge. I doubt she will be popular in Org anyway.

But is there really a faction capital or is this just a left over from the early days. What does Org have that the other race capital does not have? I never liked Org so all my chars are either at UC, TB or SMC.