Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I don't get why people are stating the cinematic as a valid reason. Like...wat? All the end bosses (DW/garrosh,arch,) have had cinematics and they test them anyway. It's obviously because they want to playtest in a different enviorment / behavior. It's not like these guilds testing him will actually kill him in the time given.
    There could be spoilers within the fight itself. Like Illidan's body chained to a tower like Grom was.

Only 1 thing has changed between beta and ptr basically and that's the spoiler cinematic which was not intended to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have literally never given a crap about that, and Illidan being in his posetion isn't even a spoiler at all, its a blantant plot point, especially if you play DH.

The only reason they were considering it is to cater to the ''Top'' raiders since they're the ones who will see it first anyway, but its probably just not worth the hassle and they decided to test it in a dynamic enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    He better be. Fuck another Sinestra, Ra'den, Xavius. All complete failures due to lack of testing.
    wait, what was wrong with sinestra? i loved that fight

has to be one of my favourite "final boss" fights in the game
    because for once blizzard didnt feel the need to make it 25 minutes long with 75 phases which they have a fetish for apparently

Deleted
    so what, every boss has the same mechanics, its just the move the boss does that changes name.

always just a slight variation to the exact same mechanics and the donkey wow community get excited.

move here,

run over there and drop debuff outside of raid.

swap to adds,

run close/away from each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

because for once blizzard didnt feel the need to make it 25 minutes long with 75 phases which they have a fetish for apparently
    Nothing is wrong now, something was wrong back then. DKs could use Dark Simulacrum on her and nearly oneshot her in return. One of the "nice" things that were possible for a short period of time when she was first accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    After all the buggy shit that's been happening in Legion, it's probably a good thing they are testing him.

The question is, will they take the feedback and implement that if there's bugs?
    will players report bugs when they can use bugs for advantage in race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    The question is, will they take the feedback and implement that if there's bugs?
    No, they're going to keep the bugs in the encounter to keep the authenticity of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Because you probably did the fight 3 months late like most people.... Try pulling that boss in the first 2-3 weeks that fight was one of the most bug ridden joke fests of all time.

Stun adds randomly casting while doing the garret right
    Eggs randomly not becoming unimmune
    Cutters going rogue
    little dragons evade bugging randomly and becoming unkillable
    Not to mention the whole DK dark simulacrum 1 shotting the boss thing

Sinestra is why fights like guldan with alot of moving parts need to be tested....

Garrosh was also a huge bugfest on PTR too with iron stars p1 randomly not doing damage to players or adds.

Lei Shen half the fight was broken on the PTR...

Fights with alot of moving parts that go untested are a bad thing for the game.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2016-12-10 at 04:16 AM.

The eggs being randomly immune at wrong time isn't actually random. I can't remember what caused it but it was an avoidable bug that you can still replicate today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    if they would test mythic endbosses on ptr, the race competiton would be over forever.

Necessary evil. It's better than the last boss being a buggy joke. Try to avoid spoilers if you can and do normal with your guild as fast as you can.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    End bosses on mythic difficulty is never tested, but end bosses on normal/heroic difficulty has always been tested on the PTR. This is nothing new
    Yup, this is the case. HEROIC is being tested. Not Mythic.
    Apparently that is a big deal. I have no idea what the fight is about yet, but they made a big deal about the Mythic Guldan encounter on the Beta. Probably has something to do with Illidan.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Apparently that is a big deal. I have no idea what the fight is about yet, but they made a big deal about the Mythic Guldan encounter on the Beta. Probably has something to do with Illidan.
    The thrend has been, in the last 2 xpacs, that the last boss of a tier has an extra phase on mythic difficulty that no one sees on PTR or in the Dungeon Journal but everyone knows about because ppl datamine the skills. I think this is a rather retarded design for some reasons: it makes fight last forver wich is never fun, Emperor Mar'grok on Highmaul is the champion on this department, that fight would go on long enought for you to lust 3 times as it was basicaly 2 different bosses in 1 fight (Mar'gok and Cho'gal); it essentialy removes some very fun parts of these bosses from the normal/heroic comunity (they could just do easier versions of the extra phase on every difficulty); it makes ppl go to the internet to read on what skills the boss has on the "hiden" extra phase and what do they do, completly defeating the purpose of having an in game Dungeon Journal (don't you find extremely freaking anoying that Nightbane's loot table isn't on the Dungeon Journal for instance ? Everytime you want to see what traits are there in the relics he drops you need to minimize your game and open wowhead, why in the world didn't they just include the stupid thing in game, its the same here, you want to see how much damage X skill do to plan your strat acordingly, you got it, you need ot minimize and go to wowhead); lastly the extra phase is prone to bugs since its never PTR tested .
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-12-11 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Well Gul'dan was different as he was explicitly not tested on ANY difficulty. Now the above mentioned reasons are why not testing on any difficulty has not gone over well, but that's what made Gul'dan different from other non-secret end bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted

For the Horde and Paragon were the first 2 to get to that boss, if I remember it correctly. The boss was pretty much hotfixed after every pull they did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Since they've started publicly testing bosses, every boss they've tried to push out without testing has been an absolute disaster.

Please never try again.
    Not only since they started public testing. Before they started public testing most of the bosses were a total disaster, too

Remembering BWL...gosh