Legendary belt going to be garbage??

So, I'm under the impression that we'll no longer be using sidewinders?
    In return, doesn't this mean the belt is going to do jack all?
    Are those with the belt going to have to work Multi shots into their rotation, lol?

it should be very good with trick shot cleave

Single target wise, you'll never see use of it without Sidewinders.

However this belt is going to be GOD LIKE in Mythic+. Been doing tests on the PTR with Trick/Piercing Shot builds, and they're both doing very well. And the belt just makes Trick Shot fucking amazing.

But yeah it's getting shit on Single Target wise, but then again it already kinda is? You just get a 10% Aimed Shot every once in a while right now with Sidewinders.

More worried about the value of the RNG legendary ring proc usage with changes to MS and no benefit from Vulnerable. Right now it seems that my only dps legendary (so far) is getting shafted with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    More worried about the value of the RNG legendary ring proc usage with changes to MS and no benefit from Vulnerable. Right now it seems that my only dps legendary (so far) is getting shafted with the changes.
    It wen't straight to the trash. The only time this ring is going to be good in 7.1.5 is for AoE. Spamming back to back Marked Shots in a ST fight will be a straight DPS loss in 7.1.5. And with a 15% chance it won't even be remotely good in its only viable situation, if you even get it off in the moment you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by druxx View Post
    So, I'm under the impression that we'll no longer be using sidewinders?
    In return, doesn't this mean the belt is going to do jack all?
    Are those with the belt going to have to work Multi shots into their rotation, lol?
    From my understanding, Sidewinders is still going to be fairly competitive for single target. You get a whole heap of focus in one single GCD, unlike Arcane Shot where you'll have to spam it 3-5 times to get the same focus. And of course the extra Vulnerable uptime.

The huge buff to Aimed Shot also corresponds to a huge buff to the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    It wen't straight to the trash. The only time this ring is going to be good in 7.1.5 is for AoE. Spamming back to back Marked Shots in a ST fight will be a straight DPS loss in 7.1.5. And with a 15% chance it won't even be remotely good in its only viable situation, if you even get it off in the moment you want it.
    Personally I think it's already a pretty bad legendary even in 7.1. In pretty much every encounter right now (don't know about Nighthold) most of the time is spent single target, with only fleeting moments where adds spawn before dying quickly. It's uncommon to even get a proc at all, let alone when it will actually be useful.

The ring is kind of getting a buff in 7.1.5 though. Stats on rings will scale exponentially again so the massive ilvl it gets for being a legendary will mean it actually becomes one of the more powerful pieces of equipment stat-wise.
    Last edited by Turtel; 2016-12-11 at 10:51 PM.

Deleted
    The ring is not going to work when it procs multiple times (rarely happens, but it happens)
    It's still going to be fine if you get 1 free proc though, since Hunter's mark lasts ~12(?) seconds, which means you don't have to reset it before you can get the maximum value out of patient sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    can't agree more here, especially with the MS proc bug atm, it's annoying as hell to use

'oh yay a ring proc! nope, just MS bugging out alright'
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Personally I think it's already a pretty bad legendary even in 7.1. In pretty much every encounter right now (don't know about Nighthold) most of the time is spent single target, with only fleeting moments where adds spawn before dying quickly. It's uncommon to even get a proc at all, let alone when it will actually be useful.
    Might be pretty bad, it's still the best we currently have number wise.

edit: nevermind boots pulled slightly ahead in EN and ring in tov. still our 3 bis legs are damn close.

The belt change depending wether you use sidewinder talent or not. If you dont have that, then it's "multi-shot" that boost aimed shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    The belt change depending wether you use sidewinder talent or not. If you dont have that, then it's "multi-shot" that boost aimed shot.
    We're aware of that. The issue is it will have absolutely no use in a Single Target fight. Whereas with Sidewinders it at the very least does.

Honestly it seems MM has too many damn AoE legendaries, the Belt, The wrist, And the Ring. The ring however is getting shit on in 7.1.5 but its only real good use is AoE, and it is so even more in 7.1.5 but with only a 15% chance, is it even worth using in 7.1.5 over other Legendaries? I have the ring+feet+helm. Currently I use the feet + ring as for the ring is actually good in 7.1. But with the changes to Marked Shot I'd rather just switch to the Feet + Helm. Only Legendary we have right now for ST is the feet and ring, and again with the 7.1.5 changes the Ring will be a DPS loss if you spam Marked Shot on a ST fight.

Now the gloves coming in 7.1.5 will be good, however they're either bugged right now, or the desciption on it is misleading. From first glance you'd expect the Legendary gloves to work on ever other aimed shot, however the effect on the PTR is working as a random proc from Aimed Shot. it took me 6 Aimed Shots before I got the buff for it. if this is seriously how this Legendary is supposed to work, that's pretty fucking garbage.
    Last edited by c313; 2016-12-12 at 01:21 PM.

People with the belt will not be using MS most likely because of the lack of focus gen. A 10% Aimed Shot buff isn't worth the 4-9 focus per shot (depending on crits) they're losing. This sounds frustrating, but the reality is that MM legendaries have always been "bad" for single target. On my sims the belt was around a 2.5% damage increase on ST and a big part of that was the high item budget. The good part of this is that our kit and DPS is good enough to compete without requiring the RNG of a lucky legendary drop and it's actually not a big penalty on a single target fight to use a utility legendary like the Roots or Voodoo Mask.

And for those of your banking on the Trueshot Boots, nerfs inc. Our T19 set bonus is about Trueshot synergies and PTR hunters are reporting 30+% uptimes on Trueshot using the boots. The boots are going to be having the same problem that the Fire Pyro bracers or Unholy bracers had: too much DPS. I'm actually glad I don't have the boots atm because I'm guessing Blizzard is going to over-nerf them within 2 weeks of Nighthold. Oh and I'd put money on the reason the nerfs aren't already on the PTR is because Blizzard doesn't want to deal with another Hunter shitfit about "nerfs".

The new gloves will be nice for ST, but the proc on them even when functioning correctly is only a moderate buff. 20% Crit (slightly more than a 20% damage increase on avg due to Trueshot) on every other Aimed Shot on live would AVG to ~10% damage increase to Aimed Shot. If it remains 50% of our damage (reasonable considering how it's getting buffed for non-SW specs and the focus hit SW is taking) that's about a ~5% damage increase. With the other legendaries not even breaking 3%, this would be our best ST legendary, but doesn't even come close to the power other class' legendaries have. BM's belt is close to a 9% boost ST and AoE and the Ring is a 7.5% damage increase, also ST and AoE. I'm guessing the goal is to keep MM legendaries a moderate, but enjoyable boost with a kit that can function in raids without getting extremely lucky on legendary drops. BM currently is only viable with both DPS legendaries.
    Last edited by Megotaku77; 2016-12-12 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    There are and there always will be fights where you can use this belt and gain stacks from adds.

Very few fights are total ST.