assassination seems to be the best way around all this
    and i dont mean angry gunman bullshit

you get some sneaky bastard to camp out in a tree somewhere outside of their base with a 300 magnum, wait for negan to walk outside.....then put one in him

Yup, that's what comic Rick tries to get Andrea to do, run up to the bell tower as Spencer is killed to snipe Negan.

The only thing worse than being killed off of a successful TV show, is when the last thing mentioned about you is a fat joke....

The thing about a Negan assassination is that the Saviors would fall apart afterwards. It is like every 3rd world dictator.. once he dies, there are factions and while someone takes over, they never have the persona that the original dictator had, people would openly question the new person, even if it was someone like Simon there would be quick mutiny. Cut off the head of the snake.

I couldn´t make it out, but did Mashone kill the woman in the car? I could see her slide over into the drivers seat.

Ya you can very faintly hear a gunshot before the car turned around.

The train-of-thought that the Saviors would fall apart if Negan died is funny in a certain way in light of the newest comic.

They really gonna finish Saviours story by end of season? Tought they would drag it out for a couple seasons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The train-of-thought that the Saviors would fall apart if Negan died is funny in a certain way in light of the newest comic.
    Hmmm, not sure i follow...
    Either you mean the "Alpha and Beta thing"... which is some issues old already
    Or you mean the "Negan and Lucielle thing"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Hmmm, not sure i follow...
    Either you mean the "Alpha and Beta thing"... which is some issues old already
    Or you mean the "Negan and Lucielle thing"?
    The "Saviors' thing". Issue 161.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    They really gonna finish Saviours story by end of season? Tought they would drag it out for a couple seasons
    Most likely that season 8 will be the "all out war" arc that spread over two volumes in the comics, so really hoping that it'll either last the entire season or into half of season 9 where we'll get the 2 year gap at the mid season premiere

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Most likely that season 8 will be the "all out war" arc that spread over two volumes in the comics, so really hoping that it'll either last the entire season or into half of season 9 where we'll get the 2 year gap at the mid season premiere
    Not sure if they will do the gap, Carl will look pretty old at that point anyway.

Deleted
    The "Saviors' thing". Issue 161.
    Ahh missed that point.
    It doesn't say much about what they actually want...
    It just tells us they dislike the new way of life and refuse to help against the whisperers.

Will we see Negan actually return to be their leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Ahh missed that point.
    It doesn't say much about what they actually want...
    It just tells us they dislike the new way of life and refuse to help against the whisperers.

Will we see Negan actually return to be their leader?
    Veering into comic-book-spoiler territory I think.
    Unlikely, but they haven't fallen apart without Negan, and they are planning on taking control after the Whisperers have worn them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good mid season-finale. Glad that shithead Spencer got what was coming to him. Rosita is a terrible shot. They can all pop walkers from farther distances with basically no time to line up shots but she can't make a 5yd shot on Negan while he's unaware?

"I made him spaghetti" line had me rolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it was good. I suppose 1 episode out of the entire half season was to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Pretty good mid season-finale. Glad that shithead Spencer got what was coming to him. Rosita is a terrible shot. They can all pop walkers from farther distances with basically no time to line up shots but she can't make a 5yd shot on Negan while he's unaware?

"I made him spaghetti" line had me rolling.
    Not to mention Arat 360 no-scoping Olivia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Not to mention Arat 360 no-scoping Olivia.
    What was that, about a 180, maybe 270 no-scope at that?

She better hacks than Hershel when he had to unlimited ammo no recoil shotgun.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What I meant is the Saviors as the same organization. If Negan was killed, the Saviors would not be able to hold control over 3+ encampments. Of course they have a nice camp themselves, a lot of people and supplies, they are not going to disappear overnight, but infighting would start pretty quickly, and the other camps would rebel pretty quickly as soon as they saw the infighting.

I don´t read the comics, but doesn´t Dwight take over and just turn the Saviors into another group that follows Rick?

A pretty good mid-season finale, that basically covers all plots to make a new one for the next half. But it doesn't make up for the rest of the season ranging from bad to below average. Those episodes with only focussing one episode really dragged down this season, and its showing in the ratings. I guess people were mostly done with AMC's bullshit and just wanted to see the premiere, after that the ratings just plummeted. Can't say I blame them, they need to seriously step up from now.

But now I fear that most of the next half will be all about convincing all the other groups to fight, and the actual battle will be pushed all the way to the last episode. I don't read the comics but hopefully they have some better stuff planned.

And I hate how little role the walkers had in this season so far, they are nothing but a background nuisance at this point. Though this has been a case for a while, the walkers were only really threatening in the first 2 seasons and arguably in the first half of season 3.

Spencer was a goner, but why is everyone else continuing to be totally retarded... holy fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Rosita pulled a Daryl and got Oliva killed and now it's Eugene's turn to listen to easy Street and eat Dog food sandwiches.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.