Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It is rather fun to be the best geared instead of the worst geared in battlegrounds for a change. Rawr, my mythic+ dungeon gear is awesome for battlegrounds (and for making demon hunters run away and jump off of cliffs when they trying to splat me landing at a flight path).

I haven't been motivated to do anything PvP related in this game for years. It's 100% utter trash.

I see that a lot of people only do pvp when they outgear other players. That's just pathetic. Glad those people are now leaving the pvp scene.

Deleted
    punch faces...
    i'm agressive by nature so i don't want a big motivation to play PvP.
    The only thing that counters it is that i have to do PvE as well, because i do both PvP and PvE.
    By old rules i was ok, since the gear was ok for starting PvE with friends as well... so it's more of a technical problem for me, nothing to do about motivation...has to do with time.
    But all in all i never needed motivation... you could leave me in a PC with any class/spec/gear level toon and i could and can play all day...
    Imagine today that my friends aren't online to "storm" me with their PvE BS, logged in to my SP did arenas for 2 hours and i'm doing BGs here and another 2 hours... I lost time and i don't really see me stop than anything else than my dogs walk and going out at night to drink something...

I'm 99% PVE focussed but I enjoy my attempts at PVP because it pushes me to improve my situational awareness and to use bits of my toolkit that I might not otherwise touch

Also afflock has some great PVP talents, and it's nice to be able to go from spreading pressure to nuking a target

I was never a big fan of PVP but enjoyed it now and then. But with the reward system gone and gear not really having an influence anymore, I lost all interest. Purely cosmetic rewards are not enough to motivate me, neither in PVE nor in PVP.

Artifact skins
    Artifact power
    Mounts
    Unloading anger

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pvp much anymore. It's a combination of two factors: Overwatch being way more fun/balanced and the ability prune didn't sit well with me.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    i have some solid fun in BGs as a frost DK tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    punch faces...
    i'm agressive by nature so i don't want a big motivation to play PvP.
    The only thing that counters it is that i have to do PvE as well, because i do both PvP and PvE.
    By old rules i was ok, since the gear was ok for starting PvE with friends as well... so it's more of a technical problem for me, nothing to do about motivation...has to do with time.
    But all in all i never needed motivation... you could leave me in a PC with any class/spec/gear level toon and i could and can play all day...
    Imagine today that my friends aren't online to "storm" me with their PvE BS, logged in to my SP did arenas for 2 hours and i'm doing BGs here and another 2 hours... I lost time and i don't really see me stop than anything else than my dogs walk and going out at night to drink something...
    I'm glad you are enjoying pvp Just make sure to get up and stretch your legs every hour or so.

It's annoying to do arenas knowing damn well you won't get a single upgrade, since I'm around 880 pve ilvl and will never hit that gear bracket in 3x

10+ Year Old Account
    I love 101-109lvl bgs, they are more fun and more balanced than 110lvls ones.

And queues are only 2-6mins usually.

And when you lock experience gaining u are in same bracket as ppl who leveling in bgs.

(I loved Rated Arena in prev expansions have no plans even trying it in Legion cas CBA grinding ArtifactPower on alts)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    It's annoying to do arenas knowing damn well you won't get a single upgrade, since I'm around 880 pve ilvl and will never hit that gear bracket in 3x
    The gear was a huge motivator to keep me playing. When the templates were announced I was all for it, I want balanced pvp.

I guess the carrot on a stick was a stronger motivator to stay subbed. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of balanced pvp in WoW where gear doesn't matter. The problem is that it will never happen, pvp will always be imbalanced - gear or no gear.

I guess my point is, if the pvp is still going to be imbalanced we might as well have our carrot to chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

What motivates you to pvp at this point?
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!