The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played this game for like two years from the end of beta and listening to you people talk about builds nowadays in what i can only assume is the start of a new season, it sounds like a foreign language.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I do find it funny that people thought blade flurry would be the fotm opieop skill. I remade a whispering ice elementalist and while buying gear have joined parties of 3 and 4 elementalists all day long. Everyone is playing flameblast totem, nobody gives a shit about blade flurry.
    Wait a couple of weeks, BF assassin is the boss killer build. FB totems is just a cheap option to grind currency with. Think you would find that it differs a lot between SC and HC as well as the "safe" build isn't needed in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Wait a couple of weeks, BF assassin is the boss killer build. FB totems is just a cheap option to grind currency with. Think you would find that it differs a lot between SC and HC as well as the "safe" build isn't needed in SC.
    Yeah I'm sure it will take off for some people, but reddit was crying about how nobody would play anything but flurry and I have yet to see a single assassin.

I'm also disappointed that people are gouging the shit out of primordial might, I really wonder if that many people are actually willing to pay several exalts just to try a minion build, especially when the chaos damage sword exists as well. I was hoping golemancer would actually be a new way to level up as a summoner, but it looks like it's still going to be generic SRS or bladefall as usual.

http://imgur.com/a/c5PcR

Pretty much confirms it, blade flurry is the kind in SC and pizza blast totems is the king in HC.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    how do i get new skills? is it only from those gem things you put into items? i looked at the skill tree and all i can see is a billion passives. and where is a good place to find builds? i want to play as a tanky templar, but i feel like with the size of this skill tree i should have some idea what im doing before i start spending points :\
    Sorry I'm late to the party, but Ziggy's Arc Build is the one that I recommend to new players. It's the first (and so far only, I just tinkered the last few seasons) build that I ever made it to endgame with. Though as I typed that I realize that not everyone plays hardcore. I still recommend it.

The reason is that it flows naturally. You already saw the skill tree. You know how much there is to learn in this game. I made an entire build that I had to throw out because I missed a keyword hidden in the description of what I was tyring to do.

Every other build guide (including Ziggy's) assumes that you know things which you might not. For instance every ES based build assumes you know how to make that transition. There are hundreads of things that you need to learn, but you can't do that all at once.

Ziggy's build flows very well. You use gear for the stats that you are going to already have. The gear you use (go Armor/ES at first) has a natural affinity to roll the color sockets that you need. The gems that you use fit naturally into the progression. The stats that you pick up fit into a life build. The life you pick up (via STR) fits into your dps (via Iron Will). Everything clicks togeather. You learn along the way "oh that's why he did that", but you never need to stop and ask "how am I supposed to do that" like you would with many other builds that just show you a skill tree and tell you what gems to use.

That build also just shows you a skill tree and tells you what to do... but it's so natural that it's easy to figure out why. Then you can do another easy build and learn more "why". It will even teach you what questions to ask once you start learning how things are supposed to click together. Questions like "does this affect that".
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2016-12-08 at 05:56 PM.

http://imgur.com/a/c5PcR

Pretty much confirms it, blade flurry is the kind in SC and pizza blast totems is the king in HC.
    I'm still surprised how many necros there are, especially how many people seem to want to try the golems out. Didn't think most people could stand the crappy minion AI and extremely long cooldown on convocation in the "clear speed meta." But, I'm watching primordial mights fly off the shelves at 100+ chaos all day long which remains somewhere around 4 exalts in hardcore. Unless people are just buying them for the flat damage buff they give, which is competitive with 3 lines of damage mods from any rare jewel...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm still surprised how many necros there are, especially how many people seem to want to try the golems out. Didn't think most people could stand the crappy minion AI and extremely long cooldown on convocation in the "clear speed meta." But, I'm watching primordial mights fly off the shelves at 100+ chaos all day long which remains somewhere around 4 exalts in hardcore. Unless people are just buying them for the flat damage buff they give, which is competitive with 3 lines of damage mods from any rare jewel...
    Necro is used for support as well.

Any suggestion for a build that can be purely solo played and looks awesome?

I have played specs that were really good, but looked boring. I want to obliterate my enemies in awesome way.

Is there a nice and easy fast paced Dual wield build for the new patch.... im also new to POE so a written guide would ben nice

thought about this but have absolutly no idea what other gems and combi he is using

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0chvpXNPEbM
    Last edited by Schalde; 2016-12-10 at 09:30 AM.

Dual wield builds hmmm, maybe:
    - Earthquake
    - Reave
    - Blade Flurry
    - Frost Blades (I honestly enjoy Frost Blades more vs Blade Flurry)

This season I started with the Blade Flurry, didn't like it at all, changed to Blast Rain/Split Arrow and I'am having alot of fun now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

I have played specs that were really good, but looked boring. I want to obliterate my enemies in awesome way.
    Lacerate maybe? https://youtu.be/oYEBwNGilv4?t=673
    Depends if you are more of a caster or melee guy.

I'm doing this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Hmmmm... Seems this is a repeating problem. Does the game crash for anyone else as soon as you get trough the loading screen? This seems to happen every time I start playing once. I get into game, but nothing moves. It is just frozen. Then I alt+ctr+del and see the game isn't responding. I end it and restart and usually it works then. Today it did it several times after until it started working.

This has been happening since I started playing again on this season. Anyone know what could be causing it? Possible fix?

I checked PoE forums and didn't see any threads about such thing.

Necro is used for support as well.
    Yeah that's true, but I don't think very many people play support outside of people trying to play the ladder. Could be wrong of course.

What looks cool to you? Lots of spells or just one cool looking spell? Melee/bows/caster? Thinks off the top of my head, obliterate+profane bloom+Abyssal cry, ice crash looks cool imo, barrage + volley fire, scorching ray + cast when channeling firestorm, whispering ice in general, classic discharge is of course flashy and your video card will think so, too. You can also check out the skill MTX and see if there's anything you like, there are a lot of options now, and GGG's prices for skill MTX are a lot more generous than their armor sets.

Also haven't heard of your problem before, are you using the old client or the dx11 one? 11 seems to be causing issues for some people still.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-12-12 at 05:29 PM.

I don't think I'm using dx11. The problem looks like as soon as I get into game, it tries to load something. It just never stops.

Been playing a few days now with blade flurry shadow. I hear blade flurry is the current fotm and videos I saw about it looked fun. I'll see how soon I get bored.

Scorching ray sounds interesting. Tho... that brings another question. Does the witch model still lack pants? No matter how awesome armor you had, you are always half naked......... also do templars have pants yet? I haven't really made many witch or templar characters due to their model being atrocious.

- - - Updated - - -

As soon as I reached cruel, I noticed my blade flurry shadow sucks. I thought it would be fun since the ability looks cool, but after a while it gets a bit stale.

Perhaps I'll try witch again. Though, I dislike the model, if it doesn't have any kind of pants. Why would they design it like that anyway? I can wear armor and then it still looks like legs are completely undefended :/ . Same for templar. Unless they have changed the models. That stuff kind of kills part of the fun since I can't make character look awesome.

I don't think I'm using dx11. The problem looks like as soon as I get into game, it tries to load something. It just never stops.

Been playing a few days now with blade flurry shadow. I hear blade flurry is the current fotm and videos I saw about it looked fun. I'll see how soon I get bored.

As soon as I reached cruel, I noticed my blade flurry shadow sucks. I thought it would be fun since the ability looks cool, but after a while it gets a bit stale.
    Just started a Life/ES hybrid Blade Flurry Gladiator in Breech the other day. I have a CI version on standard that I tweaked to try out the League. Max Block/Spell Block and exploding corpse goodness means you're tanky and the clear speed is nice (although Bleed Immune bosses are a bit rough.)

That and only requiring one Unique (2 if you want 100% bleed) makes it rather cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Perhaps I'll try witch again. Though, I dislike the model, if it doesn't have any kind of pants. Why would they design it like that anyway? I can wear armor and then it still looks like legs are completely undefended :/ . Same for templar. Unless they have changed the models. That stuff kind of kills part of the fun since I can't make character look awesome.
    Try the MTX :P
    Lighter armor tends to be less covering, pure ES gear is usually much less noticeable, but pure armor gear pretty much always fully covers the character.

All these abrevations.

What does CI mean? What does MTX mean?

Anyway... trying a scorchin ray. Not far yet. I ahve always found witch rather clunky class to play. I'm not sure, if I'm plaing it right, but having to cast spells standing still, not being able to leech and very little health regen and very fragile is rather odd. Slower killing speed too due to previously mentioned reasons. Yet, it looks pewpew so I'll try seeing how far I get.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    All these abrevations.

Anyway... trying a scorchin ray. Not far yet. I ahve always found witch rather clunky class to play. I'm not sure, if I'm plaing it right, but having to cast spells standing still, not being able to leech and very little health regen and very fragile is rather odd. Slower killing speed too due to previously mentioned reasons. Yet, it looks pewpew so I'll try seeing how far I get.
    It gets quite strong once you put in the proper support-gems and get some cast-speed.

Get a +2 fire-gems sceptre around lvl42 and you can just roll with a 3-link (SR + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus) till early maps.

But you really need to focus on your defences if you want to survive... I was playing a SR Inquisitor on HC earlier and the survivability was okay'ish with 6k HP and around 1k hp/s with buffs up. Sadly I ripped to a Double-Essence Ghosted Volatile Blood monster when it one-shot me as it died and I couldn't run away from it since it ran faster than Usain Bolt on crack.

Currently experimenting with Cast While Channeling Discharge... Gaining Power Charges with Incinerate + Romiras (easily 5 PC for each Discharge) and Voll's Devotion for the extra Endurance Charges. It's working pretty well. And it's cheaper than Cospris since you don't need 2x 150c items but just one. And I think the single-target might be slightly better since the Incinerate does okay'ish damage as well.

All these abrevations.

CI is Chaos Inoculation: It's a keystone on the passive tree that drops your HP to 1 but makes you immune to Chaos damage. It's primarily used in conjunction with Ghost Reaver (life leech applies to ES [Energy Shield]) and Vaal Pact (life leech is instant but you removes any life regen) to keep a beefy Energy Shield topped off. This technique can grant you the largest EHP (effective health pool) because you can get your ES upwards of 15k with some pretty expensive items.

MTX is micro transaction. Typically refers to cosmetic items that change the appearance of gear or skills, purchased with real money (or in some cases awarded for completing challenges in leagues.)

As far as the clunkiness of the witch class, really it depends on what kind of playstyle you want to go with, if you want a fast moving short cast explosive playstyle that's pretty easy to get the hang of and easy on the budget I'd look towards ones similar to these:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667850
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1737800

Both are pretty awesome cold to fire conversion builds that are easy on the wallet and rather off-meta as far as style goes.

Summoner builds are meh, and while one could opt for a physical spell (Blade fall/Blade Vortex) build, the Shadow class does those better.

I know the scope of options in PoE is rather daunting to new players, and admittedly your first character will probably be a huge failure (its par for the course) but you can always just start a new one (you have 25ish slots iirc) and come back to your shelved guy when they offer the free respec that accompanies most major patches.

I'd say check out the class forums, look for builds marked "budget" and/or "beginner friendly" and try one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.