Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It´s quite telling about a person if they use words that were only used by the nazis.
    Like the Autobahn?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Like the Autobahn?
    Yes, like autobahn.

That term came up in 1929... obviously only used by the nazis, despite them coming to power 4 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Fake News or "unrichtige Nachrichten" is a term from the nazi period. And unlike most of the stuff the left complains about, it pretty much originated in this period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorlok View Post
    Corner area of an industrial town, 1km below there's a factory area in development, pretty fresh rural area. Wouldn't have build there but i guess his choices were limited
    So, perhaps the problem isn't as much the refugee shelter next to his house, but rather his house next to the refugee shelter. I know those property prices near industrial zones are dirt cheap, but you know that you won't exactly have the prime spot in your town, too.

It sucks for your friend, but he's a classic case of blaming other people for his own problems, ie. not having the money (or wanting to invest) for a better spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Has no one wondered yet about how the word "Führer" is still in common use? Like in Führerschein, lol.
    It's a normal word. Might as well talk about banning "leader" in English...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Like the Autobahn?
    At least that word makes more sense than "highway". I can make an educated guess about the ethymology, but really, that word has lost all original meaning. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    My Mommy taught me this little diddy.

Sticks and stones
    may break my bones
    but words will never me.

Too bad, for some, their dear mommies did not teach them this lesson.

Merry Christmas everyone!!
    It's not the words that are the problem.

It's the ideology behind them, which tends to be less "sticks and stones" and more "bullets and bombs".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    This thread is an example of fake news. As the words arent trending.

The words were brought up by nationalists, and noone followed their idea to "socially accept" them.

I can't believe the German people are actually putting up with all the Migrant BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    I can't believe the German people are actually putting up with all the Migrant BS.
    Our live didnt change much. We are still 90 million germans. We still have our jobs. Our families. Our traditions. Our ideas.

Our economy is stronger than ever before. We make plus in taxes, we have economical growth, also thanks to refugees.

We are still mainly progressive with only 15% that would vote for right wing parties.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Would you go to a friends house, act all crazy and then say it was his fault?
    The fact that you reduce all other cultures to "acting crazy" says a lot about typical Danish mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah but... you do realise they don't build refugee homes in prime domestic zones, however. The only refugee centers I see are in industrial, maybe commercial districts... what kind of shitty neighbourhood did he pick to build his house in?
    They do actually. I visited friends in Berlin last week and they had some right in the middle of some park area in the center of that residential area.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They do actually. I visited friends in Berlin last week and they had some right in the middle of some park area in the center of that residential area.
    I'm willing to bet that's the exception to the norm. Nobody wants these boxes in residential areas and politicians know better than anyone else how to not lose votes by not planting controversy in the middle of voters.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    At least that word makes more sense than "highway". I can make an educated guess about the ethymology, but really, that word has lost all original meaning. :P
    You still call the country Frankreich. It's not a reich anymore, it's a republic. Same goes for Austria.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything is about connotations not about whether it's just a word, or a word used by Nazis. For instance, I can't open a Konzentrationslager für Hühner in Germany, I have to put up with Hühnerzuchtanlage instead! I wonder why!?
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

You still call the country Frankreich. It's not a reich anymore, it's a republic. Same goes for Austria.
    Yes, well, why change the name if the country essentially is the same? How else would we call it? Frankonia? Sorry, we already got that and they would be very happy if we started dragging their name through the mud like that... and Austria is just a temporary name until they rejoin us once more, so that's not a problem, either. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Everything is about connotations not about whether it's just a word, or a word used by Nazis. For instance, I can't open a Konzentrationslager für Hühner in Germany, I have to put up with Hühnerzuchtanlage instead! I wonder why!?
    While it infact is the same, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Wow, that's just far fetched. Concentrating camps actually made sense as a term to describe these, as Jews from various places in the nation were concentrated in those camps. Breeding farms for chickens don't even serve the same purpose, you're breeding them right there, not collecting them from all over the place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    While it infact is the same, right?
    How is a chicken breeding facility the same? Chickens don't concentrate.

Are you saying Jews concentrated in those camps? :P

Deleted
    Sorry, i forgot the Sarcasm tag.

Wow, that's just far fetched. Concentrating camps actually made sense as a term to describe these, as Jews from various places in the nation were concentrated in those camps. Breeding farms for chickens don't even serve the same purpose, you're breeding them right there, not collecting them from all over the place.
    Yes, and now you cannot use the German word for convention centre anymore, because it abbreviates as KZ, too.