Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    True, I was just making a point that liberals will happily nod and re-affirm generalizations against conservatives. Or rather, to go straight to the core, people will happily re-affirm any generalization as long as it aligns with what they believe in. Confirmation bias should be familiar to anyone. This leads to both extremes on t he left and the right. The "real truth" is the middle ground, there's truth to what both sides are saying, but it's much more "fun" to dismiss the entire thing rather than to compromise.

"Listening to blacks talk is pretty torturous"

Show me an example of Trump being racist.
    Maybe the whole keeping black people out of his buildings thing which he proudly claimed he settled without admitting guilt "My wife was killed stabbed 20 times but you know what I just settled and never admitted guilt. Yeah it happened in my house and noone else was around but I didn't admit I did it and look at me now!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That comment was insensitive. Words have meanings. Stop escalating all insensitive comments, prejudiced comments, and intolerant comments in to full on racism. It's rhetorically lazy, and doesn't make your case stronger, by using stronger language. It actually diminishes the reaction to ACTUAL racism, because so often people cry wolf.
    But it actually is racism if you say one ethnical group of people or one nationality has a special culture-based criminal attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    I stated in the end that some words are rude and a normal person would probably refuse from saying them in a public setting. However, hate speech can be used to label anything that is "triggering" or not your opinion. As a whole, the concept of hate speech has just turned into a way to silent people who you don't agree with.

I never stated that free speech makes you immune. But there is a difference from speech and actions. Actions are crimes, speech is not.
    what the actuall balls are you talking about??

Hatespeech is when you maliciously, verbally attack a group, simply for being a part of that group.

Your "example" is obviously not hatespeech

What ISIS is saying about us Western Dogs is Hatespeech, what Hitler said about the Jews were hatespeech, what the KKK was/is saying about non-white people is hatespeech,
    Having a conversation with a hippie is NOT hatespeech, and you thinking it is, makes you come of as a bit of a bafoon.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    But it actually is racism if you say one ethnical group of people or one nationality has a special culture-based criminal attribute.
    Ok, sure. But who ever said that? If Trump said that, it certainly wasn't in his early immigration speech that the rapist comment came from. In fact, he specifically said, "They are not sending us their brightest and best", which to anyone debating honestly, refutes the notion that he thinks all Hispanics or Mexicans are bad people. Ergo, those comments he made were insensitive, not racist.

Deleted
    Ok, sure. But who ever said that?
    Your next president, obviously. Even if you didnt tell me yet from which country you are.

Your next president, obviously. Even if you didnt tell me yet from which country you are.
    Except he didn't say that. At least, not that same speech that got him in all that hot water. Do you have a source for that quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    what the actuall balls are you talking about??

Hatespeech is when you maliciously, verbally attack a group, simply for being a part of that group.

Your "example" is obviously not hatespeech

What ISIS is saying about us Western Dogs is Hatespeech, what Hitler said about the Jews were hatespeech, what the KKK was/is saying about non-white people is hatespeech,
    Having a conversation with a hippie is NOT hatespeech, and you thinking it is, makes you come of as a bit of a bafoon.
    No, what I am talking about is the current mess with "hate speech" to where is has come a cry to silence anybody that you disagree with or has said, whether they ment to or not, something that has offended you.

Obviously there are some things that are just wrong to say, but just like the word "racist" has been used now to call out almost everything (remember climate change is racist??), the same has happened with hate speech and as such has lost any sort of weight that the term had before.

That is what I am in reference too.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the United States, it is not possible to create laws to infringe on a persons right to freedom of speech. But, what can occur is you cannot broadcast offensive language across the Airways because there is an organization that regulates what is offensive and what isn't offensive.

So, in person a person can say what ever they want about another group of people. But, if they offend someone on air, they will be taken off the air and fined for their actions.

Deleted
    Except he didn't say that. At least, not that same speech that got him in all that hot water. Do you have a source for that quote?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c818f618904b

Your next argument will be that huffingtonpost is no credible source. "Lügenpresse".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c818f618904b

Your next argument will be that huffingtonpost is no credible source. "Lügenpresse".
    Ok so, what you linked is the exact quote I referenced, and he says nothing at all like what you said he said. GG

Deleted
    Ok so, what you linked is the exact quote I referenced, and he says nothing at all like what you said he said. GG
    Oh, right. As like ..

Oh, right. As like ..
    Cookie analogy incoming!
    So if I don't like the stale cookies my friend gave me, does that mean I don't like any cookies?

"They're not sending their best" != "Fuck Mexicans"
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    "They're not sending their best" != "Fuck Mexicans"
    It is already enough if he calls all those people from mexico who come to america rapists.

Thats way enough racism already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Yeah I'm really up for some Rational Discourse™ with someone who's entire argument is "I hate niggers/wetbacks/jews/ragheads". M-muh discourse
    I'm not afraid to speak to them. I'll go up to them, call them a racist fuckhead and go about my day.
    This is the saddest thing about people that think they know what "hate speech" is and people that just toss around the term without understanding what the term actually means (just like the constant misuse of the word racist.)

I use the N word on a regular, daily basis. In no way does that qualify as being a racist or using hate speech. I use the term to describe a certain "class" of the black race. It is as much the same as calling a certain "class" of whites rednecks. I also use that term on a regular, daily basis.

If you think that merely using the N word qualifies as being racist then you are ignorant and have no real understanding of that word.

- - - Updated - - -

It is already enough if he calls all those people from mexico who come to america rapists.

Thats way enough racism already.
    How is that "racism"? Mexicans are not a race.

BTW - there wasn't one single racist thing in that quote you posted by Trump. If you think there is than you are ignorant and don't understand the English language.

- - - Updated - - -

HuffPo is not credible in any way - it is nothing but a hysterical liberal/progressive blog filled with some of the most disgusting people on this planet

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Speech is either free or it isn't. "Hate speech" is a bullshit concept, but for the sake of societal harmony, the only concession I am willing to make is to monitor, if not outlaw, calls to violence against any group. Beyond that, say whatever the fuck you want as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.
    your comment a contradiction .... say what you want if your willing to suffer the consequences.... if there's consequences then its not free speech .....
    free speech is the ability to say something with no consequences....
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    How is that "racism"? Mexicans are not a race.
    There also is nationalistic racism. You should read articles from Stuart Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    BTW - there wasn't one single racist thing in that quote you posted by Trump. If you think there is than you are ignorant and don't understand the English language.
    Thanks Donald. Read other sites than breitbart sometimes. And you probably will detect racism if it is that obvious one day.

HuffPo is not credible in any way - it is nothing but a hysterical liberal/progressive blog filled with some of the most disgusting people on this planet
    The "Lügenpresse" argument. I didnt see that coming.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-12-12 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the saddest thing about people that think they know what "hate speech" is and people that just toss around the term without understanding what the term actually means (just like the constant misuse of the word racist.)

I use the N word on a regular, daily basis. In no way does that qualify as being a racist or using hate speech. I use the term to describe a certain "class" of the black race. It is as much the same as calling a certain "class" of whites rednecks. I also use that term on a regular, daily basis.

If you think that merely using the N word qualifies as being racist then you are ignorant and have no real understanding of that word.
    Yeah nah you're a racist. Doesn't matter which way you try to justify it to yourself. Keep doing you though, it makes it easier for us pick y'all out of the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    your comment a contradiction .... say what you want if your willing to suffer the consequences.... if there's consequences then its not free speech .....
    free speech is the ability to say something with no consequences....
    Free speech is the ability to say what you want. However, you are not the ONLY one with free speech. What he ment by consequences probably was not legal, but if you say something that pissed somebody off, they might beat your ass.

Everybody has the right to free speech, meaning that you can say what you want, but they can respond likewise.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah nah you're a racist. Doesn't matter which way you try to justify it to yourself. Keep doing you though, it makes it easier for us pick y'all out of the crowd.
    As much as that word really doesn't need to be said, he isn't a racist.

A racist is a person that believes that solely because of a person's race, they are either inferior or superior. That a race collectively carries the same trait because they are a part of that race.

That would mean he would believe ALL black people are inferior simply because of their race.

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    As much as that word really doesn't need to be said, he isn't a racist.

A racist is a person that believes that solely because of a person's race, they are either inferior or superior. That a race collectively carries the same trait because they are a part of that race.

That would mean he would believe ALL black people are inferior simply because of their race.
    The "I don't hate black people, I just hate niggers" argument is entirely racist. That you give it any sort of actual credence is why shit like this is seemingly being normalized (again).

The "I don't hate black people, I just hate niggers" argument is entirely racist. That you give it any sort of actual credence is why shit like this is seemingly being normalized (again).
    I'm not normalizing it, just using the actual definition of the word racist. Which seems to have been forgotten.

People who normalize racism are those that like to claim that only white people can be racist because "power" just like only men can be sexist.