Thread: Titans' Bodies?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Titans' Bodies?

I'm a little bit confused. Magni told Brann that Azeroth itself was a titan, but did he mean that literally, as in the entire planet is the titan?

Or is it like, the titan soul is named Azeroth, and will be able to poof out of the planet in a titan body?

Or is it like if she wakes up, the entire planet will transform into her body, Unicron style, killing everyone on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's explained in the Chronicles that Titans start out as planets and the World Soul when it wakes up gets a titan body.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Azeroth, the planet, -is- a Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Or is it like if she wakes up, the entire planet will transform into her body, Unicron style, killing everyone on it?
    We have no idea what would happen, Blizzard hasn't said anything at all about this particular stage of Titan development.
    Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's explained in the Chronicles that Titans start out as planets and the World Soul when it wakes up gets a titan body.
    Right, but I mean how does that happen? Does it explain anywhere? Because if the entire planet becomes their body, shouldn't we want to do everything in our power to keep it from waking up?

I hope Blizz doesn't use that to bring AU-Draenor back into the story, like the planet's gonna wake up, and we all have to move to AU Draenor and MU Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but I mean how does that happen? Does it explain anywhere? Because if the entire planet becomes their body, shouldn't we want to do everything in our power to keep it from waking up?

I hope Blizz doesn't use that to bring AU-Draenor back into the story, like the planet's gonna wake up, and we all have to move to AU Draenor and MU Outland.
    It isn't explained, but even if your scenario would happen, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It's how it's impleemented. Also we don't know if AU draneor even has a World Soul.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras is described as having mountains and volcanoes on his body, so I'm going with humanoid planet. Imagine ley lines as veins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Sargeras is described as having mountains and volcanoes on his body, so I'm going with humanoid planet. Imagine ley lines as veins.
    Does this mean her heart is under Karazhan? =O
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Her heart is a crater, we have filled it!

It isn't explained, but even if your scenario would happen, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It's how it's impleemented. Also we don't know if AU draneor even has a World Soul.
    Not goin to Dreanor because of the WS, but for a planet to live.
    It isnt a bad thing, having to move to another planet. It could be the trigger for a ''World of Warcraft 2 '' . New planet, new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Her heart is a crater, we have filled it!
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little bit confused. Magni told Brann that Azeroth itself was a titan, but did he mean that literally, as in the entire planet is the titan?
    They roam the cosmos like walking worlds...
    [...]
    Their spirits—known as world-souls—formed deep within the fiery core of a small number of worlds. For ages, these nascent titans slumbered, their energies suffusing the celestial bodies they inhabited.
    When the titans finally awoke, they did so as living worlds. Cosmic winds howled across their gigantic forms, bodies shrouded in a cloak of stardust, skin crisscrossed with silvery mountain peaks and oceans shimmering with latent magic.

--Chronicle

We know it doesn't because Azeroth is the only one the Pantheon found.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Coldarra could be it too, as it is a crater and all the lay-lines converge there at the Nexus.

The "crater" in question is the Well of Eternity's remains, i.e. the Maelstrom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    We know it doesn't because Azeroth is the only one the Pantheon found.
    But only because we also know they've been to Draenor. Otherwise it could still have had one they just didn't find.
    Last edited by huth; 2016-12-12 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But only because we also know they've been to Draenor. Otherwise it could still have had one they just didn't find.
    Their sole purpose was to find more of their kind and they just missed it? They could hear the world-souls dreaming.

Their sole purpose was to find more of their kind and they just missed it? They could hear the world-souls dreaming.
    I don't think you understand how large a universe is. It's very unlikely they had sufficient time to completely explore it. Besides, i just said that Draenor doesn't have one because they were there and didn't find one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understand how large a universe is. It's very unlikely they had sufficient time to completely explore it.
    Yes, there are probably more world-souls out in the universe undiscovered. This is why Sargeras is so freaked out.

Besides, i just said that Draenor doesn't have one because they were there and didn't find one.
    The phrasing was confusing. "Otherwise it could still have had one they just didn't find." I now get what you are saying.

I see. Well, hopefully the titan doesn't wake up and kill us all. Unless we can still live on it while it's moving around in space, we should probably keep it sleeping.

They roam the cosmos like walking worlds...
    [...]
    Their spirits—known as world-souls—formed deep within the fiery core of a small number of worlds. For ages, these nascent titans slumbered, their energies suffusing the celestial bodies they inhabited.
    When the titans finally awoke, they did so as living worlds. Cosmic winds howled across their gigantic forms, bodies shrouded in a cloak of stardust, skin crisscrossed with silvery mountain peaks and oceans shimmering with latent magic.

--Chronicle
    there's two pictures in the chronicles that dispute this description of them.

there's a picture of sargeras and a picture of the faces of the pantheon, they're ephemeral, like a living nebulae. sargeras appears as almost like a gigantic shadow when he slices the corrupted world soul in two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there's two pictures in the chronicles that dispute this description of them.

there's a picture of sargeras and a picture of the faces of the pantheon, they're ephemeral, like a living nebulae. sargeras appears as almost like a gigantic shadow when he slices the corrupted world soul in two.
    Sargeras isn't a shadow, he has distinct features. They have a physicality. They carry weapons. They reach down from the sky and grab things. Sargeras nearly cleaved Aggramar in two. Sargeras' body erupted in fel volcanoes and his skin was split apart.

The nebula picture is just depicting the cloak of stardust that shrouds their bodies.

Sargeras isn't a shadow, he has distinct features. They have a physicality. They carry weapons. They reach down from the sky and grab things. Sargeras nearly cleaved Aggramar in two. Sargeras' body erupted in fel volcanoes and his skin was split apart.

The nebula picture is just depicting the cloak of stardust that shrouds their bodies.
    ephemeral beings can usually interact with and be interacted with by physical forces in every fantasy. rogues and warriors can hit spirits, sylvanas' banshee form died in her corpse when godfrey shot her. in that picture of sargeras he has a defined form, yes, but that doesn't mean his body can't be like a gigantic spirit basically.

at any rate, azeroth is different from all of the others anyway, she might not conform to any norms that the others did, because she's so far the ONLY spirit-infused titan to ever be known. she could manifest as a spiritual form.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-12-12 at 09:53 PM.