Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    I'm not normalizing it, just using the actual definition of the word racist. Which seems to have been forgotten.

People who normalize racism are those that like to claim that only white people can be racist because "power" just like only men can be sexist.
    That's a retarded argument and I always call it out. I know plenty of latinos that are plenty racist. Rad Fems are also sexist towards men. But a spade is a spade and that users comments are abhorrent and one of the oldest sayings of chicken shits that want to hide what they really are but still express themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    That's a retarded argument and I always call it out. I know plenty of latinos that are plenty racist. Rad Fems are also sexist towards men. But a spade is a spade and that users comments are abhorrent and one of the oldest sayings of chicken shits that want to hide what they really are but still express themselves.
    I'm not the one using the argument. I fully agree that anybody can be racist/sexist. Doesnt matter what you look like. I am simply stating that those are the people who normalize racism by calling it something else.

What I am saying is the definition of racism and racist and if the said person does not hold such a belief towards ALL people of that race, then technically it is not racism. Its stupid, yes, but racism, no.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Retarded isn't a great word to use when you are trying to make an argument about equitable treatment of all people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Retarded isn't a great word to use when you are trying to make an argument about equitable treatment of all people.
    It's a fitting term as I can't fathom what would make people say that other than mental impairment.

What I am saying is the definition of racism and racist and if the said person does not hold such a belief towards ALL people of that race, then technically it is not racism. Its stupid, yes, but racism, no.
    You want racism to only be used as an absolute when that isn't reality. Most racists aren't mustache twirling villains that spew hate from every orifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one using the argument. I fully agree that anybody can be racist/sexist. Doesnt matter what you look like. I am simply stating that those are the people who normalize racism by calling it something else.

I can't agree with that. A racist doesn't have to be a hate fueled maniac who rages at the mere thought of anyone with a different skin color than them. "I can't be racist, I have a *insert race here* friend" doesn't hold up when you look at that person's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    There also is nationalistic racism. You should read articles from Stuart Hall.
    Oh, like all the anti-Russian stuff going around nowadays?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The right wing was totally on board with being anti-russia until the DNC email leaks. Stop kidding yourself. The issue is entirely partisan. Should they be involved in leaking Republican dirt then they'll be back to singing the "commies" tune.

I'm very sorry that you can't distinguish between Putin's regime and Russia as a nation.

- - - Updated - - -

"There are some good ones" is a common refrain of many racists. By your logic, "I have a black friend" is a legitimate defense against racism.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It has neither literally nor figuratively done this. People just have this weird persecution complex because one time someone told them it wasn't cool to suggest all immigrants were rapists or something. If people are finding it hard to intelligently debate something, I'd suggest they hold off on blaming PC and instead blame their own inability to intelligently debate.
    You are joking right? Have you never read about or watched a video of a conservative speaker trying to have a conversation with a college audience without getting shouted down by "offended" young "adults" who can't listen to a viewpoint that disagrees with their own? Since it doesn't agree with their worldview it is deemed hateful, triggering and these people feel it is their right/duty to deny conservatives/non-PC speakers the ability to express their views. It happens constantly in colleges Nixx.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I'm very sorry that you can't distinguish between Putin's regime and Russia as a nation.
    What about the Mexican regime that is sending armies of illegal invaders? You can actually prove that Mexico encourages illegal immigration into the United States.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    You are joking right? Have you never read about or watched a video of a conservative speaker trying to have a conversation with a college audience without getting shouted down by "offended" young "adults" who can't listen to a viewpoint that disagrees with their own? Since it doesn't agree with their worldview it is deemed hateful, triggering and these people feel it is their right/duty to deny conservatives/non-PC speakers the ability to express their views. It happens constantly in colleges Nixx.
    It's their right as American citizens to shout someone down. You have a right to speak not to be heard or agreed with or even a rational conversation.

What about the Mexican regime that is sending armies of illegal invaders? You can actually prove that Mexico encourages illegal immigration into the United States.
    Is that why the number of undocumented Mexican immigrants has declined over the last 10 years?
    -ynnady

The right wing was totally on board with being anti-russia until the DNC email leaks. Stop kidding yourself. The issue is entirely partisan. Should they be involved in leaking Republican dirt then they'll be back to singing the "commies" tune.
    Yeah, but Trump isn't representative of those right wingers like Louise Mensch that want to start a war with Russia, most of the hardcore anti-Russian racists are also anti-Trumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I'm trying to find the clause in the First Amendment where it says you have a right to speak at colleges. Can you direct me to it?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Is that why the number of undocumented Mexican immigrants has declined over the last 10 years?
    I would ask, who is counting them? Hasn't the policy been to pretty much stop tracking much of that information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but Trump isn't representative of those right wingers like Louise Mensch that want to start a war with Russia, most of the hardcore anti-Russian racists are also anti-Trumpers.
    And almost all those anti-trumpers are falling in line with ol' Donny boy. Party before the nation and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

I would ask, who is counting them? Hasn't the policy been to pretty much stop tracking much of that information?
    http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

Why would BP stop tracking that information?

There are official and independent numbers, the vast majority of which match. The main official source is the DHS, and Pew does their own numbers that come out about the same.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account

Some solid points in this video, and i agree that the whole point of free speech is to protect the speech you don't like. If people want to be bigots then so be it, just so long as they don't directly threaten or take harmful actions then spew away.

“I don't agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post

Some solid points in this video, and i agree that the whole point of free speech is to protect the speech you don't like. If people want to be bigots then so be it, just so long as they don't directly threaten or take harmful actions then spew away.

“I don't agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”
    The guy that edited a video to pretend he got attacked by a protester and then had to admit he is a liar has some great points. Wait, no he doesn't. Protecting speech from government censorship is not the same as giving people platforms they don't have a right to.
    -ynnady