my DPS is pretty much sh*t

According to my gmembers my DPS should be waay higher but honestly i have no idea what i'm doing wron (apart from low momentum)
    can you guys help me?

www warcraftlogs.com/reports/QVD1FMrYqCHv7xBz#type=summary&source=14&fight=5

(not allowed to post links)

Deleted
    Read some guides about DH rotation with momentum. What you are doing wrong:
    1. Low momentum (should be above 50%). You only used fel rush 12 times.
    2. Only 32 chaos strike casts and only 8 of them in momentum window. You have ring which provides higher resource gain and still u managed to cast only 32 strikes.
    3. Blur casted only 2 times. Should be 4-6 for refreshing fel rush stacks.
    4. You only used potion on second meta.
    5. Quite a lot you did not spend fury when you had full bar
    If you can't play momentum choose nemesis instead as with momentum you need to use fel rush constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by 4surf View Post
    Read some guides about DH rotation with momentum. What you are doing wrong:
    1. Low momentum (should be above 50%). You only used fel rush 12 times.
    2. Only 32 chaos strike casts and only 8 of them in momentum window. You have ring which provides higher resource gain and still u managed to cast only 32 strikes.
    3. Blur casted only 2 times. Should be 4-6 for refreshing fel rush stacks.
    4. You only used potion on second meta.
    5. Quite a lot you did not spend fury when you had full bar
    If you can't play momentum choose nemesis instead as with momentum you need to use fel rush constantly.
    Question, I recently switched over from nemasis to momentum, as well as a few other other talents, couldn't believe I went up 50k dps from it, but right now, I use retreat, then felrush back in, then I wait for retreat before I use it again, should I be using the 2nd charge while vengence is on cd?

You're also missing most of your enchants and have a dead trinket equipped (Well I mean I guess its giving you crit at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Question, I recently switched over from nemasis to momentum, as well as a few other other talents, couldn't believe I went up 50k dps from it, but right now, I use retreat, then felrush back in, then I wait for retreat before I use it again, should I be using the 2nd charge while vengence is on cd?
    No, you're doing it wrong.

Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat should NEVER be used together, as the momentum buff gets refreshed, and thus, you lose uptime.

Fel Rush, unload your skills, wait for Momentum to wear off.
    Vengeful Retreat, unload your skills, wait for Momentum to wear off.

That's basically it.

And yes, you should be using both charges of Fel Rush if you want to maximize Momentum uptime (=DPS), just don't use them together. The order usually is Fel Rush -> VR -> Fel Rush.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-12-12 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    No, you're doing it wrong.

Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat should NEVER be used together, as the momentum buff gets refreshed, and thus, you lose uptime.

Fel Rush, unload your skills, wait for Momentum to wear off.
    Vengeful Retreat, unload your skills, wait for Momentum to wear off.

That's basically it.

And yes, you should be using both charges of Fel Rush if you want to maximize Momentum uptime (=DPS), just don't use them together. The order usually is Fel Rush -> VR -> Fel Rush.
    I see, cheers, I was doing it the other way as I thought I was losing damage time by retreating out of melee range, then having or run back in,

Deleted
    You should retreat to sides or run front and then retreat, that you dont go out of melee range

Quote Originally Posted by 4surf View Post
    You should retreat to sides or run front and then retreat, that you dont go out of melee range
    hahaha i use that alot go to the center of the boss and then VR

I see, cheers, I was doing it the other way as I thought I was losing damage time by retreating out of melee range, then having or run back in,
    Don't VR out of melee range, aim it through the boss(turn your back to the boss and VR through it) or along the side of the hitbox.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    You can also vr, press space bar and cancel the 'knockback' so to speak. Also vr isn't on the global cd so vring through the boss enables you to chaos strike mid-air.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Don't VR out of melee range, aim it through the boss(turn your back to the boss and VR through it) or along the side of the hitbox.
    Ah okay, are there any fights which you should avoid it due to cleave mechanics or something?

Deleted
    Ah okay, are there any fights which you should avoid it due to cleave mechanics or something?
    Pretty sure there's none specifically if you time it correctly. You can stand at the side of the boss if cleave mechanics are an issue, like at guarm, you really can't afford to stand in front of the big guy or you'll get one shot. So just stand at his side and vr through that.

Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    Pretty sure there's none specifically if you time it correctly. You can stand at the side of the boss if cleave mechanics are an issue, like at guarm, you really can't afford to stand in front of the big guy or you'll get one shot. So just stand at his side and vr through that.
    There're some fights. Mythic Odyn comes to mind, specially during Horn of Valor. You can't VR sideways 'cause you end up killing other people. You've to VR away, sadly. If you use Felblade on that fight it gets easier 'cause you get back into melee range fast.

You have no idea what you're doing wrong? Well for starters you're using two trinkets that literally do nothing for you. Not to be a dick but do you even read anything? Wriggling Sinew is a caster trinket that only works with spells, it doesn't do anything for you. Twisting Winds? It clearly says on the trinket RANGED attacks, as in hunter shots and caster spells only. You actually have completely wasted your trinket slots and losing free damage cause of it.

My mind is actually blown that you found a guild or pug groups that let you in their raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    There're some fights. Mythic Odyn comes to mind, specially during Horn of Valor. You can't VR sideways 'cause you end up killing other people. You've to VR away, sadly. If you use Felblade on that fight it gets easier 'cause you get back into melee range fast.
    Yeah I'm using felblade on all mythic and heroic ToV fights, mainly cause I don't have the ring but also because It's very convenient there. Tho Mythic odyn is easily mitigated by checking timers, if not that, the horn has a cast time, there's plenty of time to plan ahead there. Not really the same cleave like Guarm since It's pretty easily avoidable.

But yeah as the post above me mentioned, what the f*ck is up with the trinkets? I guess you wanted them for the stats but that's very desperate and as you've noticed, yields close to no rewards. In any case there's no need for me to go through the log since others have said pretty much everything I'd say.
    Last edited by mmoc8984276725; 2016-12-12 at 12:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A couple of things:

- As others have said, your Chaos Strike/Annihilation usage is considerably low. You used CS/A a total of 57 times on a 7:16 minute fight, that's an average of 1 CS/A every 7 seconds

- Your trinkets are not ideal at all. Yes the Wriggling Sinew has crit, but in all other ways it's completely useless. A DPS loss even when compared to appropriate normal/heroic dungeon level trinkets. Twisting Wind is also a caster trinket, although due to procs from Eye Beam etc. it was no where near as useless as the Wriggling Sinew. I don't even understand how you've managed to get these two trinkets, I certainly wouldn't trade mine to a DH if I got one but I didn't need it.

- Your momentum up-time is incredibly low (14%, you should be aiming for at least 60%), an obvious result of not understand the core mechanics of the class. I suggest having a thorough read of the Havoc DH Icy Veins guide. There are some good tips to get started with maintaining the momentum buff. As a previous poster suggested, if you really are not feeling the momentum playstyle, choose the Nemesis talent instead.

- You didn't pre-pot, this is essential for mythic raiding. If you are unaware of what pre-potting is, use your Old War pot when the DBM pull-timer is at about 1-2 seconds. This means you get almost a full pot for the start of the fight, but the CD is already rolling so you can use another at a later point.

That's pretty much it, make sure you read up and learn to understand the core mechanics of the class. Demon Hunters are not rogues or warriors, especially with momentum talented. They are however, fun as hell.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

Dude, you need to relax a bit. You said you didn't want to "sound like a dick" but clearly wanted to sound like a dick. This dude is asking for help not a lashing. Why are you taking it so personal? It seems like this completely ruined your day and you lost sleep over this. I mean your mind is actually blown over this.....so dramatic....take a cold shower please, it may do you some good ������

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    My mind is actually blown that you found a guild or pug groups that let you in their raids.
    To be fair, no one on those logs is playing wonderfully. All the DPS is low for the time they spent on the boss.