Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Everything is about connotations not about whether it's just a word, or a word used by Nazis. For instance, I can't open a Konzentrationslager für Hühner in Germany, I have to put up with Hühnerzuchtanlage instead! I wonder why!?
    Yeah - And of course, that word isn't even a nazi word.
    It's English, from what the English did to the Boer's in south Africa.

You should probably have learned by now that you have two options:

1) Call those people nazis / xenophobic / whatever.
    2) Actually look at the problems they are pointing and find a point where both of you can compromise to solve it.

If you keep the 1st road you will get your Hitler sooner or later and that will be because you gave those people no other choice. They are tired of being ignored and they are tired of being called things they are not because of concerns they consider legit and get immediately dismissed.

At the end of the day, it does not really matter if they are racists or not, they still have their right to vote and they will use against you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post

2) Actually look at the problems they are pointing and find a point where both of you can compromise to solve it.

If you keep the 1st road you will get your Hitler sooner or later and that will be because you gave those people no other choice. They are tired of being ignored and they are tired of being called things they are not because of concerns they consider legit and get immediately dismissed.

At the end of the day, it does not really matter if they are racists or not, they still have their right to vote and they will use against you.
    It´s hard to compromise on made up problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

Given that the "problems" they're pointing out are mostly the products of their imagination, there's not really any compromise to be had.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Given that the "problems" they're pointing out are mostly the products of their imagination, there's not really any compromise to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It´s hard to compromise on made up problems.
    I don't reside in Germany, so I don't have the day to day safety (or lack of it) feeling those people have. Still, I am pretty sure that there have been many more terrorist attacks this year than in the former ones, also another huge problem has been that the government and the main stream media have lost their credibility for events such as the Cologne sexual attacks.

Edit: in a quick search, I found some specifics:

Somewhat neutral source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigr...ime_in_Germany
    Left leaning souce: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nths-2016.html
    Right leaning source: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...wing-radicals/
    Last edited by Knolan; 2016-12-12 at 09:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Wow, that's just far fetched. Concentrating camps actually made sense as a term to describe these, as Jews from various places in the nation were concentrated in those camps. Breeding farms for chickens don't even serve the same purpose, you're breeding them right there, not collecting them from all over the place.
    My point was that people tend to try to shake off these negative connotations, either by overloading it with other negative connotations in order to diminish some of the more contrasting ones. In fact during GDR times the common term for those chicken mass facilities were colloquially called Hühner-KZs.

In other cases people want to add positive aspects in order to make a formerly very negative word more marketable again which is what the AfD is trying to do by saying "völkisch" needs to be re-defined positively, something that is, to the utterly enjoyable dismay of the far right, not quite blessed with success so far.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't reside in Germany, so I don't have the day to day safety (or lack of it) feeling those people have. Still, I am pretty sure that there have been many more terrorist attacks this year than in the former ones, also another huge problem has been that the government and the main stream media have lost their credibility for events such as the Cologne sexual attacks.

Your left leaning source is the dailymail that cites the gatestone institute... uhu ok.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Your left leaning source is the dailymail that cites the gatestone institute... uhu ok.
    I don't know this source, i just went to find a crime statists article from several political leaning sources.
    Can you prove that the rise of violence is false by other sources? Anywhere I look it shows violence on the rise and, as I mention, the terrorist attacks are quite impossible deny.

Again, I am not German, I am just trying to show why those people are concerned and mad with the migrants.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know this source, i just went to find a crime statists article from several political leaning sources.
    Can you prove that the rise of violence is false by other sources? Anywhere I look it shows violence on the rise and, as I mention, the terrorist attacks are quite impossible deny.

Again, I am not German, I am just trying to show why those people are concerned and mad with the migrants.
    Has been posted in another thread, sorry i don´t have the time to look it up again, also the 2016 stats aren´t there yet.

But what you archieve is demonstrating how they are manipulated into being "concerned" and mad with migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    But what you archieve is demonstrating how they are manipulated into being "concerned" and mad with migrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No, again, unless you can prove those statistics are majorly false, you won't have a leg to stand on. And one more time, all the terrorist attacks, plus the sexual attacks on cologne happened, we have thousands of video evidence of those

I took a quick look about this gatestone institute and I could only find progressives calling it islamophobic, which is what I see progressives calling everyone and anyone who disagree them. Again, if you want the left to keep their power in Europe, you will have to prove that what the right wing is wrong, and you won't do that saying x is right-wing or y is islamophobic.

Also, the source used on breitbart is not the same as well as the sources used on wikipedia.

I think the reality is we are hitting an age in the world, in various places, where richer countries are tired of dealing with the problems of more poor countries where there is widespread corruption. It seems like people are very much in the mindset that they want to help their own first, instead of helping others while they already have their own problems at home.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, again, unless you can prove those statistics are majorly false, you won't have a leg to stand on. And one more time, all the terrorist attacks, plus the sexual attacks on cologne happened, we have thousands of video evidence of those

I took a quick look about this gatestone institute and I could only find progressives calling it islamophobic, which is what I see progressives calling everyone and anyone who disagree them. Again, if you want the left to keep their power in Europe, you will have to prove that what the right wing is wrong, and you won't do that saying x is right-wing or y is islamophobic.

Also, the source used on breitbart is not the same as well as the sources used on wikipedia.
    Both misrepresent their sources, but i guess you haven´t looked into them and be happy with what they talk about, right?

It's not like terrorism is new to Germany: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction

We know how to deal with it, and we'll weather this phase just as well (or badly) as we survived the last one. The nation will prevail. If you think these punks will change the direction Germany is taking (both terrorists and nazi parties like AfD), you're sorely mistaken.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account

Your "left leaning" source is a right-wing British tabloid.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Both misrepresent their sources, but i guess you haven´t looked into them and be happy with what they talk about, right?
    I am not happy nor sad about it, I don't live in Europe, as I said multiple times this doesn't really affect me.

I am just seeing the world leaving the left wing in mass because they refuse to address issues such that Islam growth in western places, political correctness, imigration and their response is always that those people are saints while the real villain is the white men.

That is a pattern that is happening in several places in the world and if the left keeps with the same strategy, it won't yield different results. Those issues must be addressed with open debate and acceptance of the errors that have been done in the past.

It's not like terrorism is new to Germany: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction

We know how to deal with it, and we'll weather this phase just as well (or badly) as we survived the last one. The nation will prevail. If you think these punks will change the direction Germany is taking (both terrorists and nazi parties like AfD), you're sorely mistaken.
    To be honest, I think you are 100% right about your second setence and I think that the shift to right wing nationalism IS Germany reacting. I am just not sure this will be without some quite unfair (understandable, still unfair) consequences.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2016-12-13 at 01:14 AM.

I am not happy nor sad about it, I don't live in Europe, as I said multiple times this doesn't really affect me.

I am just seeing the world leaving the left wing in mass because they refuse to address issues such that Islam growth in western cultures, political correctness, imigration and their response is always that those people are saints while the real villain is the white men.

That is a pattern that is happening in several places in the world and if the left keep with the same strategy, it won't yield different results. Those issues must be addressed with open debate and aceptance of the errors that have been done in the past.
    What you don't get is that the left isn't "refusing to address issues" like that. It's that the left has no answer for it. Muslims fuck like rabbits and produce offspring easily 2-3 times higher than the rest of the Western World. This automatically means that Islam spreads. The solution to that? Tell me, what is it? Apart from the typical leftist "Fuck for world peace", which I totally subscribe to, the nazis have only one solution for it. A final one. How about it, are you man enough to admit that you'd like Muslims slaughtered like animals, because they pollute your safe zones? :P

Hating and shedding blood is the easy way, mate. That's what the halfwits and desperate people do. The left doesn't say Muslims are saints. Not once, ever, did I see such a statement by either side. What the left is trying to tell you, and what you're conveniently ignoring, distorting or just omitting is that Muslims are humans, with much the same human rights as everyone else has. Your feeble attempt to vilify a religion is just that, a feeble attempt at dehumanizing the people following it, blanket blaming them for the evils in this world. Many of which originate in our midst, caused by Christians or "atheists" with an elitistic complex that are too weak to seek blame within their own actions.

The pattern that I see happening? It's a carbon copy of Germany in the 20s. First you have a problem, a global financial crisis, then shit goes south and while everyone is trying to recover, you find a scapegoat ethnicity/religion, blame everything on them so the US can pretend they didn't fuck up the global economy with their reinsurance stunts, fail war after war while going around looking for a fight and so on. Once you've blamed enough shit on that one groupe, you're starting to justify discrimination against them, back then it was admittance to certain professions removed, today it's travel freedom. Next they closed shops and tomorrow it'll be cyber surveillance and mass data gathering of Muslim movements... do you know the way this road takes? So many parallels it's not even funny, yet the nazi movement in the US (some call it alt-right, but let's be honest about terminology here) ignores them or hey, perhaps they're actually following the same roadmap on purpose? Who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I think you are 100% right about your second setence and I think that the shift to right wing nationalism IS Germany reacting. I am just not sure this will be without some quite unfair (understandable, still unfair) consequences.
    It needs a revolutionairy type of circumstance to change anything dramatically. So, unless these terrorists start pissing literally 80 million people off on a very, very personal basis, I don't see this happening anytime soon. What'll happen instead is Germany using the one thing it's good at. Bureaucracy. We'll deal with criminal elements. It'll take a while, it'll take longer than social media with an attention span shorter than a New York Second can possibly bear, but when all is forgotten and the Kardashians have bred the next slutline of offspringe to prostitute themselves on TV, those terrorists will be a thing of the past, just like the RAF. An afterthought in history, a footnote when talking about "the big middle eastern crisis". And the names of these terrorists will only live on amongst bitter old men in some hut in Syria going on about how things would have gone better if only the world had listened to them.
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-12-13 at 01:16 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

What you don't get is that the left isn't "refusing to address issues" like that. It's that the left has no answer for it. Muslims fuck like rabbits and produce offspring easily 2-3 times higher than the rest of the Western World. This automatically means that Islam spreads. The solution to that? Tell me, what is it? Apart from the typical leftist "Fuck for world peace", which I totally subscribe to, the nazis have only one solution for it. A final one. How about it, are you man enough to admit that you'd like Muslims slaughtered like animals, because they pollute your safe zones? :P

Hating and shedding blood is the easy way, mate. That's what the halfwits and desperate people do. The left doesn't say Muslims are saints. Not once, ever, did I see such a statement by either side. What the left is trying to tell you, and what you're conveniently ignoring, distorting or just omitting is that Muslims are humans, with much the same human rights as everyone else has. Your feeble attempt to vilify a religion is just that, a feeble attempt at dehumanizing the people following it, blanket blaming them for the evils in this world. Many of which originate in our midst, caused by Christians or "atheists" with an elitistic complex that are too weak to seek blame within their own actions.

The pattern that I see happening? It's a carbon copy of Germany in the 20s. First you have a problem, a global financial crisis, then shit goes south and while everyone is trying to recover, you find a scapegoat ethnicity/religion, blame everything on them so the US can pretend they didn't fuck up the global economy with their reinsurance stunts, fail war after war while going around looking for a fight and so on. Once you've blamed enough shit on that one groupe, you're starting to justify discrimination against them, back then it was admittance to certain professions removed, today it's travel freedom. Next they closed shops and tomorrow it'll be cyber surveillance and mass data gathering of Muslim movements... do you know the way this road takes? So many parallels it's not even funny, yet the nazi movement in the US (some call it alt-right, but let's be honest about terminology here) ignores them or hey, perhaps they're actually following the same roadmap on purpose? Who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

It needs a revolutionairy type of circumstance to change anything dramatically. So, unless these terrorists start pissing literally 80 million people off on a very, very personal basis, I don't see this happening anytime soon. What'll happen instead is Germany using the one thing it's good at. Bureaucracy. We'll deal with criminal elements. It'll take a while, it'll take longer than social media with an attention span shorter than a New York Second can possibly bear, but when all is forgotten and the Kardashians have bred the next slutline of offspringe to prostitute themselves on TV, those terrorists will be a thing of the past, just like the RAF. An afterthought in history, a footnote when talking about "the big middle eastern crisis". And the names of these terrorists will only live on amongst bitter old men in some hut in Syria going on about how things would have gone better if only the world had listened to them.
    Now I think that you are taking things a bit too radically.

I don't believe there will be a revolution or genocide, at least not in western countries.

I think in the next years we will see a rise in political incorrect humour, a lot of muslins being deported from Europe and I also think there will be a massive wave of criticism and disrespect against the islamic religion, in the same way we saw it against christian religion in the last thirty or so years.

Deleted
    This thread is full of sociopaths. I say you all get to check your brain instead of "feeling sympathy" for arsonists. My fucking god.

Now I think that you are taking things a bit too radically.

I don't believe there will be a revolution or genocide, at least not in western countries.

I think in the next years we will see a rise in political incorrect humour, a lot of muslins being deported from Europe and I also think there will be a massive wave of criticism and disrespect against the islamic religion, in the same way we saw it against christian religion in the last thirty or so years.
    The first part was largely about the US, the second part about Germany specifically. So, not sure what you're responding to. I agree about the consequences in Europe and in that part you are agreeing with me. Not sure about politically incorrect humour, I find nothing, absolutely nothing amusing about Christianity. Not because I am Christian, but because I think Christianity is fundamentally unfunny. Or religion in general, really. But that doesn't mean that we should disrespect them. How was Christianity disrespected? I haven't noticed that.