Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Mage] Trinket choice

which one trinkets i should to use?
    I have Wriggling Sinew 885 ant this is obviuos in one slot.
    for second slot i have:

Bought of Corruption 870
    Portable manacracker 865
    Devilasaur Shock Baton 845

and i think one of them. question - wchich one for ST (raids) and for AoE (M+).
    Don't have Ruby yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your answer is everywhere on this forum with a little digging, or clearly stickied on Altered Time.

Chested ruby and sinew are BiS, without ruby take shock baton.

Bough of Corruption out of those three. On ST and AoE

I'd do horrible things for 885 wriggling sinew.

Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    I'd do horrible things for 885 wriggling sinew.
    I have 850 got on first normal kill back in sept, then i killed him on hc on almost every week and used seal too but never dropped a 865 version, on the other hand i got aran at first kill
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Your answer is everywhere on this forum with a little digging, or clearly stickied on Altered Time.

Chested ruby and sinew are BiS, without ruby take shock baton.
    And yet you still gave him the wrong answer.

Bough of corruption is the trinket he needs to pick for ST and AOE, it sims way higher than shock baton now.

This google docs created by Binkenstein might help you decide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ring&sle=true#

Long story short: Take Sinew and BoC.

And yes, as fragga already mentioned, shock baton is not relevant anymore.
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2016-12-13 at 10:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BoC is utter garbage, the procs are so random you'll do good damage once every ten pulls, and the rest of the time it's a bad stat stick. At least with a shock baton he gets 3% crit and a very decent and consistent damage proc. I have used mutiple times my 880 BoC and it rarely, if ever, does better than my 855 baton. Irelevent now that I have chested ruby, but i'd pick baton over BoC any day.

(Only applies on ST though, I pick BoC on dragons)

Deleted
    out of those 3 Bough of corruption for fire

BoC is utter garbage, the procs are so random you'll do good damage once every ten pulls, and the rest of the time it's a bad stat stick. At least with a shock baton he gets 3% crit and a very decent and consistent damage proc. I have used mutiple times my 880 BoC and it rarely, if ever, does better than my 855 baton. Irelevent now that I have chested ruby, but i'd pick baton over BoC any day.

(Only applies on ST though, I pick BoC on dragons)
    I love anecdotal evidence

It doesn't matter how "random" you think it is, the fact is that BoC sims higher than Baton and is therefore the better choice trinket...there's literally zero sense in trying to argue this cause whatever you say with regards to Baton being a better choice will be incorrect and based on your own mislead opinion.
    Last edited by fragga; 2016-12-13 at 02:49 PM.

I'm using a 895 sinnew and a 870 chested ruby. this combo is ludicrous

Before ruby I was using a 880 socketed Bough. Bough of Corruption is a really underrated trinket. it has the RGN that sucks but man, the trinket can do some real damage.
    Last edited by trollstorm; 2016-12-13 at 01:38 PM.

I have 885 socketed twisting wind and it sucks co**s

Maybe with 7.1.5 and better int scaling it will become decent
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    It doesn't matter how "random" you think it is, the fact is that BoC sims higher than Baton and is therefore the better choice trinket...there's literally zero sense in trying to argue this cause whatever you say with regards to Baton being a better choice will be incorrect and based on your own mislead opinion.
    Sure, just blindly follow sims with no thought whatsoever. You play like you want, I'll play without bough like I want, and at the end of the day, I'll enjoy doing more damage than you, everybody wins.

Sure, just blindly follow sims with no thought whatsoever. You play like you want, I'll play without bough like I want, and at the end of the day, I'll enjoy doing more damage than you, everybody wins.
    And what do you think is wrong with the sims? The sims incorporate the "random" nature of the trinket and average it out over time. Do you think the sims have the wrong proc rate or something?

It'd be like if your calculator told you 2 + 2 = 4 and you sat there thinking, "Hmm, actually I think it's 3. Silly sheep mindlessly following the calculator."

BoC has been stated to be extremely RNG to the point of being buggy on on mmochampion forums as well as Altered time. Lexi from the guild Method has also stated it gives extremely random results to the point where he says to avoid using it (if you have comparable trinkets)

I tested my 875 BoC against my 860 Aran's ruby over the period of 2 weeks running EN Heroic (1 week BoC, 1 week Aran). Aran did more damage on almost all fights except for the 1 or 2 where the BoC gave me extremely high damage results.

However, I'd gladly use the 860 Aran's ruby for a significant more consistency to proc damage than rolling the dice with the BoC.

The Aran can also be a bit random, but because there's a delay of 6 seconds before it blows up I may very well be in combust/rop so the damage is multiplied. It's still procs more consistently than the BoC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    And what do you think is wrong with the sims? The sims incorporate the "random" nature of the trinket and average it out over time. Do you think the sims have the wrong proc rate or something?

It'd be like if your calculator told you 2 + 2 = 4 and you sat there thinking, "Hmm, actually I think it's 3. Silly sheep mindlessly following the calculator."

As the poster above me stated, Bough is way to random and inconsistent, as I previously pointed out. And as I previously said, play like you want, keep your mastery stick with the hidden bonus : Do 0.5% to 10% damage on every fight randomly, I'll keep my crit stick with consistent damage.

Bumping to let you know that i got a 880 TF sinew from weekly 4x mythic dung chest
    Me happy panda

Pretty sure i'll get another 880 from mythic cache as soon as garrison mission appears...
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    I've got a trinket issue too, and looking around, couldn't find anywhere updates on ToV trinks.

So yesterday I got 885 titanforged normal Helya trinket, which is 1708 int and 1063 crit stat stick.

I got 860 baton in 1 slot, but for my second slot I've got vying the above Helya trink, 885 swarming plaguehive, 865 writ, 865 Naraxxas and 875 Nightbane's Urn (ok, Urn is odd one out), and forgot to mention: 865 horrorslime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    I've got a trinket issue too, and looking around, couldn't find anywhere updates on ToV trinks.

So yesterday I got 885 titanforged normal Helya trinket, which is 1708 int and 1063 crit stat stick.

I got 860 baton in 1 slot, but for my second slot I've got vying the above Helya trink, 885 swarming plaguehive, 865 writ, 865 Naraxxas and 875 Nightbane's Urn (ok, Urn is odd one out), and forgot to mention: 865 horrorslime.
    So for you it's gonna be baton and hella trinket for single target and for heavy cleave replace the helya trinket for plaguehive