10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Wow, fake threat is obviously fake.

Did the FBI release this info?
    Yep, thats the relevant part.

Keks will provide
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

There's another nice letter exchange where the FBI is asking for further phone interactions from one harasser as there were multiple long phone interactions between the harasser and victim that they could see coming from the harasser's phone records but that had not been reported. Looks like they had a relationship that wasn't entirely harassment based.

Veteran game dev Troy Leavitt did a pretty amazing video on GamerGate. He described GamerGate as a "revolt against identity politics," which I'd say is pretty accurate (though it's also about ethics).

Yea I think anyone who says it is just about ethics is wrong- push back against identity politics is also a part of it, probably the larger part of it, and also tied to journalistic integrity, as journalists pushing identity politics seem to throw integrity out of the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Gamergate is about nothing more than dudes feeling like being dudes gives them an innate right to be gaping assholes. "Gaming journalism" my ass. Just because you grow up a sad loner (hey, I did too!) doesn't mean you get to viciously attack anyone who wants to provide a feminist critique of your precious video games.

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    Just because you grow up a sad loner (hey, I did too!) doesn't mean you get to viciously attack anyone who wants to provide a feminist critique of your precious video games.
    The irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Yea I think anyone who says it is just about ethics is wrong- push back against identity politics is also a part of it, probably the larger part of it, and also tied to journalistic integrity, as journalists pushing identity politics seem to throw integrity out of the window.
    It goes hand in hand really, game journalism today is more about pushing their ideology/cult, and degrading gamers or the whole industry.

Look at game journalists attacking gamers for criticising NMS for example.
    Like fucking look at this shit, this is the garbage being pushed in the industry, and this is one very no-name and small example out of many big ones.
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...litics-in-2016
    Some of the big sites like Polygon and Kotaku is pushing the exact same bullshit, they truly are like the religious right, or Jack Thompson in a disguise, it's revolting.

Atleast it have given me one thing, some developers showing their true face, showing their disgust for the very same people they work for and create content for.
    Gives me the choice to steer the fuck away from them, just today i put Remedy games on that list.

Gamergate is about nothing more than dudes feeling like being dudes gives them an innate right to be gaping assholes. "Gaming journalism" my ass. Just because you grow up a sad loner (hey, I did too!) doesn't mean you get to viciously attack anyone who wants to provide a feminist critique of your precious video games.

Lmao fucking please.

1. CON leaks and zach attack shows that it's your precious little feminist shitstains who do any actual harrasement here.
    They have entire groups dedicated to attacking single people for fuck's sake.
    2. Foia release wash us of most so called harrasement.
    It was /b/ tier copypastas that they either sent to themselves(hello Wu) or it was from some 14 year old trolls.
    Fbi didnt take it seriously, are you claiming you know something they don't despite their months long investigation?
    3. GG'ers who act like shitheads gets banned from KiA and frozen out of our communities. Benjamin barber for example.
    On the other hand, convicted sexual harrasers and self-admitted pedophiles is still being defended amongst anti-gg'ets/feminists/male allies.
    4. Critique my fucking ass, they are straight up advocating for the removal of content they dont like.
    5. What post said
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-12-13 at 05:51 PM.

Your post is one big [Citation Needed]. Clearly you're upset that people disagree with you, but that doesn't give you the right to lie and make false accusations against tens of thousands of innocent people.

Resident idiot Nathan Grayson, one of the more known le "game journalist XD"
    Showing us the state of video game journalism these days

http://archive.is/xI0Ur

Well the "real news" will quote random twitter posts so it's not like he's any different from mainstream journalists...

I have to admit, I was unaware of the "tendies" copypasta until now. It seems like the autistic version of the Navy Seal copypasta. I can't expect game journalists to know every stupid internet meme, but there's something clearly wrong with them when they read a parody and think it's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Like fucking look at this shit, this is the garbage being pushed in the industry, and this is one very no-name and small example out of many big ones.
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...litics-in-2016
    Thanks, this article is really good, although obviously that wasn't your intention.

I wrote two posts I never finished, one about the "Sarkeesian is working on Mirror's Edge" myth and how and why it propagated, and a more political post on the origins of the "cultural marxism" meme, maybe I'll wrap one of them up and post it here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vicious attacks? Most people were critiquing the critic, not attacking her. Obviously if you think most were viciously attacking her, you must not have actually done any of the research yourself. Would you consider what I'm writing here a vicious attack? Because most comments were like this, indicating she did little to no research and poking holes in her arguments. And her defense, "I am female, you are harassing me you misogynists." While the games media said, "if it were a guy you wouldn't do the same thing", ironically forgetting or being willfully ignorant of the fact that the same type of things happened to Jack Thompson.
    Last edited by erthwjim; 2016-12-14 at 10:41 PM.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Deleted
    The right to critique also extends to arguments.

They can critique video games, I can critique there criticisms.

They don't have special immunity because they've got a vag anymore than I get priviledges because i've got a dick.

I don't really trust SPJ, and i don't see how this will have any positive effect unless this is going to be 100% objective(and that's where's my doubts come in)

Nontheless, this is going to be interesting.
    http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2016/12...ke-news/19502/

I like this tidbit especially though.
    #GamerGate exposed the corruption and then did something about it by getting advertisements pulled. It wasn’t because journalists got a few facts wrong, it was because they outright lied and fabricated falsehoods designed to damage the gaming industry. In fact, we recently covered Gamasutra literally making up a falsehood on Markus “Notch” Persson in order to further their harassment narrative.

That doesn’t even go into the territory of mainstream media, who have gone so far off the deep end that “fake news” is now an understatement for the kind of violations they’ve committed from the SPJ rule book. In fact, they recently went so far as to desecrate the accomplishments of the deceased, such as human trafficking activist Monica Petersen – with sites like Washington Post literally making up information about her in order to distance her work from the investigation she was making into the Clinton Foundation.

Also lmao, jesus christ.
    http://gameprogress.net/post/1547824...t-upset-tracer
    Yes i know this is satire, but it's at the point where it could just be real.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-12-23 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I don't really trust SPJ, and i don't see how this will have any positive effect unless this is going to be 100% objective(and that's where's my doubts come in)

Nontheless, this is going to be interesting.
    http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2016/12...ke-news/19502/

I like this tidbit especially though.

Also lmao, jesus christ.
    http://gameprogress.net/post/1547824...t-upset-tracer
    Yes i know this is satire, but it's at the point where it could just be real.
    The shittiest news story award is a weird one. The absolute shittiest news story would probably be some stream of consciousness nonsense, so it'd be weird to actually give the award to the worst. I get what they're driving at, but it'll end up being merely the worst that still resembles a news article.

The satirical article is sad I guess, I'm not sure what to make of it honestly. I haven't seen anyone too upset about this Overwatch thing, do people even read the extra materials Blizzard puts out?

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    The shittiest news story award is a weird one. The absolute shittiest news story would probably be some stream of consciousness nonsense, so it'd be weird to actually give the award to the worst. I get what they're driving at, but it'll end up being merely the worst that still resembles a news article.
    I just want Kotaku, neogaf or some other garbage site win it just to show everyone how fucking awful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    The satirical article is sad I guess, I'm not sure what to make of it honestly. I haven't seen anyone too upset about this Overwatch thing, do people even read the extra materials Blizzard puts out?
    Outside of a couple genuine idiots upset by Tracer turning gay, it's mostly just trolls and "progressives" that have been upset about it in the end.
    People seem to be forgetting that Tracer being lesbian have been headcanon since the game launched, almost every R34 and popular fanart out there is of her and widowmaker.(Well there's some futa involved but eh)

http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2016/12...debacle/19668/

Anyways things are finally moving with mary sue and calgary expo getting dragged to court, hopehoney badgers comes out victorious, it'll be another fantastic moment for GG this year, going to be fun to see the result of this.

"Feminist critique" is an oxymoron, a bunch of whiny cunts won't ever provide a good critique of anything, I didn't even support Gamergate until I saw the type of people who cried about it. We don't need toxic shitbags who feel entitled to act like idiots 24/7 because they never left their safespace, so anyone who makes them leave gaming is the good side for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleri View Post
    "Feminist critique" is an oxymoron, a bunch of whiny cunts won't ever provide a good critique of anything, I didn't even support Gamergate until I saw the type of people who cried about it. We don't need toxic shitbags who feel entitled to act like idiots 24/7 because they never left their safespace, so anyone who makes them leave gaming is the good side for me.
    I wouldn't really call it an oxymoron. It is an example of begging the question though. Presenting the interpretation, then acquiring facts to defend that interpretation, isn't likely to provide a predictive theory. It's odd that we have an entire culture springing up around this sort of circular reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleri View Post
    You don't know what an oxymoron means, clearly (two things have to be diametrically opposed by their natures; for example, a "taffy comet" is not an oxymoron even if no such thing exists). Then you go on to spout the cliched hateful nonsense about idiots (ironic!) and "safe spaces" as if that has anything to do with it (but I know that's the right wing invective du jour, so you're obligated to pretend like its relevant). Maybe someday you'll realize that if someone was truly strong, they'd be capable of developing an ethos beyond that of a 13 year old boy on a sugar rush.