Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The guy should just move and he won't be offended anymore.

Good, religion should be private, not shoved in your face. Let's get rid of those Abrahamic symbols. I'm 100% with that Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    The US is a Christian nation.

Don't like it? Feel free to leave.
    was

just like it was a white nation

maybe you guys shouldnt give things up so easily, too late now though.

What's wrong with a star of Bethlehem? It is both Xmasy and politically neutral.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm as atheist as it comes, but holy fuck, claiming "irreparable harm" over seeing a cross is downright retarded. Remove it from publicly-owned spaces, but don't fucking coddle this guy just because he's triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    "Christmas or Christmas Day (Old English: Crīstesmæsse, meaning "Christ's Mass") is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December 25[4][9][10] as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. A feast central to the Christian liturgical year, it is prepared for by the season of Advent or the Nativity Fast"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas

As a jew you celebrate the birth of one of the biggest enemy of your religion, who is "the most damaging of all false messiahs"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism's_view_of_Jesus
    Should have continued to read:

The celebratory customs associated in various countries with Christmas have a mix of pre-Christian, Christian, and secular themes and origins.[35] Popular modern customs of the holiday include gift giving, completing an Advent calendar or Advent wreath, Christmas music and caroling, lighting a Christingle, an exchange of Christmas cards, church services, a special meal, and the display of various Christmas decorations, including Christmas trees, Christmas lights, nativity scenes, garlands, wreaths, mistletoe, and holly. In addition, several closely related and often interchangeable figures, known as Santa Claus, Father Christmas, Saint Nicholas, and Christkind, are associated with bringing gifts to children during the Christmas season and have their own body of traditions and lore.[36] Because gift-giving and many other aspects of the Christmas festival involve heightened economic activity, the holiday has become a significant event and a key sales period for retailers and businesses. The economic impact of Christmas has grown steadily over the past few centuries in many regions of the world.

This gives me an idea.... How much do you think i can sue fashion designers for? Or maybe every hair and nail saloon,barber,tattoo artist etc etc for?
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no it isnt.

im jewish, i celebrate christmas, i know muslim people who celebrate christmas, most atheist people celebrate christmas.

christmas is a national holiday in most of the western world
    Just because a Jewish person or an athiest celebrates a holiday does not take away from the fact of what the holiday represents. it is meant to celebrate the birth of Christ, regardless of what the holiday has become or represents to other people. You can't just change the meaning of Halloween to representing the birth of Sammy Davis Jr just because that's what you feel like celebrating, you can't change the meaning of Hanukkah to being the celebration of the Yankees winning their 3rd world series. Holidays are holidays because of their meaning, regardless of how you celebrate it.
    It's ridiculous that people can be so petty about such a thing as the meaning of a holiday. The meaning of Christmas isn't something bad, it's not celebrating the holocaust, just the birth of a person. Halloween is basically the celebration of death and corpses, people decorate their yards to look like cemetaries, some people dress their children up as dead people...this is fine, but the celebration of the birth of a baby is so horrible? Especially to those who don't even believe that baby was a real person?
    Last edited by Feel The Power; 2016-12-13 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and for many people thats true. Its about family and eggs and chocolate.
    Easter has been around long before Christianity and has been around in many different religions.
    It is not a Christian holiday as such, it is a holiday Christians celebrate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    True. But Christmas is a christian holiday. And isn't the US "One nation, under god"? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. If he doesn't want to celebrate Christmas, that's fine. I don't enjoy it that much either, way to busy. But if a you are offended by a cross you need to have your head examined.
    the "under God" portion was added to the pledge of allegiance in like the 50's if I remember my time correctly. I wasn't in the original pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They could take another route, they could ignore it like every other person with non-christian beliefs who isn't throwing a tantrum over it.
    It is only about the money, or else why demand a payment.
    Asking for action is one thing, demanding compensation is another.

They aren't arguing it is even a problem for other people, but HIM only.
    Where were all those voicing a similar view acting independently of this action ?
    *tumbleweed blows by*
    Or, alternatively, it's the town administration that should abide by the first amendment and not allow the cross on public property in the first place, no matter how many people talk against it. It shouldn't be there even if no one said anything. The amount of people reacting to it is entirely inconsequential and the idea that people who dislike constitutional breach should just turn a blind eye to it or give it a wide berth, lest their actions are considered throwing a tantrum, is moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Just because a Jewish person or an athiest celebrates a holiday does not take away from the fact of what the holiday represents.
    Why not? That's exactly what the Christians did.

it is meant to celebrate the birth of Christ, regardless of what the holiday has become or represents to other people.
    It was originally meant to celebrate the Winter Solstice, regardless of what the holiday has become or represents to other people.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-12-13 at 10:09 AM.

Evidently all these things are constitutional, meaning so is this.
    I'm not and until we declare these things unconstitutional, a christmas tree decoration on a goverment building certainly isn't.
    This is fallacious reasoning. Even more so when you consider that the references to god in the things you mentioned aren't to a particular god.

It's insanity to pretend for just one moment, that Christianity isn't a part of America. Separation of church and state is good and all, but it doesn't have to be an absolute thing. Where is the harm when in a Christian country Christian goverment officials use a bunch of Christian symbols/slogans/etc?

I feel like getting rid of school prayers was also a mistake. Where's the harm in that?
    "Separation, but not really" isn't actually separation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I didnt vote for him :x

but yeah, it basically had the COnstitution as the baby Jesus, and the founding ftahers as the wisemen and parents.

ABBOT IS AGAINST THE FOUNDING FATHERS GUYZ
    I'd go with the Constitution being what offended him. GOP likes to use it selectively, so being confronted with the whole thing must have been rather traumatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    True. But Christmas is a christian holiday. And isn't the US "One nation, under god"? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. If he doesn't want to celebrate Christmas, that's fine. I don't enjoy it that much either, way to busy. But if a you are offended by a cross you need to have your head examined.
    Christmas is a pagan holiday celebrating Sol Invictus. Please get your facts straight at least
    Christians merely used this holiday and shaped it into their own "thing". Like most christian holidays I might add.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Christmas is a pagan holiday celebrating Sol Invictus. Please get your facts straight at least
    Christians merely used this holiday and shaped it into their own "thing". Like most christian holidays I might add.
    \

So as I linked earlier the decorated Tree is from a Pagan symbol\tradition, when is the ALCU going to suing to have cities to start taking those down and pushing their pagan agenda...

Or do they only go after Christen symbols?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-12-13 at 11:44 AM.

Its a lower case t. Next time they'll make it an uppercase one to show the ACLU they REALLY mean business!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    If the town was founded by Christians, it wasn't "wrong". And a small town or city council is not "Congress", as listed in the Constitution.

Separation of Church and State are not in the Constitution. What is in the Constitution is a section that prevents Congress from supporting an established religion.

And while Genn is technically correct about a legal precedent, it doesn't make a small town putting up Christmas decorations "wrong". What it does do, however, is show how shallow and weak-minded the guy filing suit is and how intellectually bankrupt the ACLU is.

P.S. The cross, like most Christian symbols and traditions, originated in Pagan culture.
    The Bill of Rights has applied to every governmental body from the local up since the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment and the subsequent case law created by a series of Supreme Court decisions related to it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    The sane people that are left should make a stand already.

The more you give in, the further these people will push.

I will repeat it for the third time

In a country where politicians are going on the record to defend a bakery refusing to cake gay weddings cakes, in Indiana, under Trump, the town considered this lawsuit unwinnable.

I assume your all ok with the town using tax money to put up a moon and star during eid-al-adha next year as well right?